Closed Thread

Old 11 Jul 2008, 14:29   #1
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

7 Message from Marian Gold

June 2, 2008

Dear friends from all over the world!

I'd like to thank you for your kind birthday greetings, for all the sweet and wonderful cards and e-mails and for the congratulations (and serenades! :-) I received during and after the gigs we recently did: that was very touching. - Me and the boys will pay back your love and affection for Alphaville with great new music and artistic enthusiasm.

I hope to see you all on our concerts in autumn, when we will introduce you to another chapter of Alphaville's musical evolution.

Be prepeared for great things to come!

Best wishes from glowing Berlin

Marian Gold

Source: www.alphaville.de

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by Krapplund; 28 Aug 2008 at 09:04.
Old 11 Jul 2008, 14:29   #2
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

July 11, 2008

MESSAGE FROM MARIAN

Source: Official Alphaville Mailing List

Q: Do you have vacation, Marian?

A: ...yea, in the studio. Sebastian Komor is back from Edmonton and will stay in Berlin for some time. Martin Lister will arrive the following week. At present Seb and me are working on a song called "End Of Yesterday" which is planned as the opener of the album. If that's the best song I don't know, Vivi. There are about 25 demos in the final lap of the production waiting to be finished. We do not intend to put more than 14 (max.!!) on the album. To make a choice will be difficult 'coz they're all fantastic. Here's some (working)-titles of those tracks you haven't heard of so far:

Stroke Of Midnight, Eternally Yours, The Things I Didn't Do, The Things We Got To Do, The Lions Never Die, Blood Red Door, Kalte Asche, Call Me Down, The Voynich Chronicle and Blind Arrow, to name a few. The projected album's title currently is "Catching Rays On Giant". Don't ask me what it means. I know but will never tell :-)

We are pretty much on schedule with the production although we had a major computer crash on monday and lost a whole song (the logic file with lots of its audios), it was kind of devastating. But after we rerecorded the song with some major changes in the arrangement, it turned out to be even better than it was ever before and we're all flying in high spirits again.

Love from Lunapark

Airman Gold

Source: www.alphaville.de and Official Alphaville Mailing List

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by Krapplund; 28 Aug 2008 at 09:05.
Old 28 Aug 2008, 09:03   #3
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

26.08.2008, 12:25 from Claudia @ Moonbase:

Hallo Leute,
vielen Dank für das Photo. Sieht aus als hättet ihr eine tolle Zeit und tolles Wetter gehabt. Hier in Berlin läuft alles nach Plan, soweit man das für eine künstlerische Produktion sagen kann. Wir liegen ein bißchen hinter der Zeit, Sebastian war übers Wochenende erkrankt, ist aber nichts Schlimmes. Heute werden wir mit einem neuen Song anfangen. Wird ein superspannendes Album werden.
Die allerbesten Grüße aus dem Lunapark
Euer Marian

Translated by Kaz:

Hi everyone,
many thanks for the photo. Looks like you had a great time and great weather. Here in Berlin, everything is going according to plan, as far as one can say that for an artistic production. We are running a little behind schedule, Sebastian was ill over the weekend but it's nothing bad. Today we will start with a new song. It's going to be a super exciting album.
All the best from Lunapark. Marian

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 18 Sep 2008, 08:11   #4
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

September 13, 2008

Dear friends,

today sees the end of the second part of the production for the new Alphaville album. Sebastian, Mart and me went through most inspiring and exciting times and finished a lot of songs. We are all here in high spirits and enthusiastic about the direction and style of the music that has a much groovier and more romantic side than previous AV-albums.

There will be a third productional session in London in Martin's and Dave's studios, where we'll record vocals, guitars, additional orchestrations and other overdubs for a couple of tracks. Parts of the final mixes will take place in Berlin, London and Edmonton/Canada during October until mid- November. As you see, there will be lots of travelling.

In a few hours, the doors of Lunapark will be closing behind us and for the rest of the evening we will celebrate the successful end of our production here in Berlin.

We greet you all and can't wait to play you all the wonderful music.

Cheers!

Marian Gold, Martin Lister and Sebstian Komor

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 11 Nov 2008, 06:49   #5
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

November 11, 2008, London

NEWS FROM GIANT

Today we started another production session for guitar-overdubs and vocals in Davy Goodes' studio. The album should be ready for mixing by mid November. However, the final mix will not be done until negotiations with record companies have been concluded.

Best wishes from London

Marian, Martin and Dave

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 27 Feb 2009, 22:35   #6
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

February 27, 2009, Sylt, Germany

Jan:
I am wondering what Alphaville is doing and if they are doing well? Hey, Marian, we haven't heard all that much from you recently! I hope that's a good sign...you guys being really busy in the studio so we can enjoy a new album soon...? I am impatiently waiting for an update on how everything's proceeding.

Marian:
Yes, we're doin' well and all the pieces seem to come together finally but not too late :-) Actually, I think this is going to be a really great production. There were lots of things we've always wanted to do and most of those suggestions now live in the songs and add amazing colours to the music. When our last album "CrazyShow" was a vast collection of raw ideas, a kind of screenshot into a musician's mind, "Giant" will be a complete and totally accomplished production, a take-it-or-leave-it thing, so to speak. And, yes, the title of the the album is still the one you all know so well but, who knows...

I reckon there will be a few snippets of the music at our website soon. How much this will tell you of the new album I don't know but I hope it'll be enough to enliven your curiosity. Besides I expect that we manage to keep the bigger part of Giant in secret until its release although we all know this is a difficult task these days. In March I will spent some time again at Martin's studio in London with the emphasis on keyboard-arrangements, instrumental solos and backing vocals. There will be lots of bv's this time and generally "Giant" will be far more complex concerning vocals then the last couple of albums.

Jan:
Btw, there have been several other projects in the pipeline over the last years that we haven't heard of again. I am wondering what has happened to the Opera with Marian singing/playing the envoy...(has there been a performance? Is there a recording?)

Marian:
Yes, the title was "L'Invenzione Degli Angeli", if I remember it right. Klaus Schulze, who wrote all the the music for the opera, finished the mixes about three years ago. Sounded damn great to me. But there seems to be no interest from the side of the record company in releasing the stuff. Still I doubt the last word has been spoken on this project.

Jan:
How are things for the Alice in Wonderland musical?

Marian:
This is a kind of sad story because I invested a lot of enthusiasm into that project and it was already announced in the bill of fare of the Theatre Würzburg for 2006 (or '07?). Unfortunately it was cancelled in the very last moment due to budget restrictions. Since then Alice sleeps in some desk drawer at Lunapark waiting to be resurrected from the dark. There's a tiny chance she will be revived by a co-production of two theatres from two different cities in Germany but that's very vague. Money's short these days and theatres tend to invest in approved productions to keep the risk as small as possible.

Jan:
What has happened to/is happening with Sputnik Roadhouse...

Marian:
I had a talk with Klaus Schulze, the other half of SR, just the other day and all I can tell you is that something definitely IS happening :-). Will keep you updated.

Jan:
Are there any news on the Alphaville-book. I would be very happy to hear how all those planets in the AV-universe are doing!

Marian:
I wished I'd never spoken about "The Book". Well, here's what I did so far: collected a huge amount of interviews, unreleased photos, drawings, short stories, poems and diary snippets, hoping to create something like a written and illustrated version of "Dreamsapes". Then put everything in a big box with a sticker on it saying "An Orbit Full Of Questions" and forgot about the whole thing. Simply haven't found the time to date to work on this idea. - Frankly, I never considered it important enough to give it any priority on my time schedule.

And that's all for now from my side. Oh, I nearly forgot! There will definetely be an Anniversary-concert/party by the end of this year, presumably late November-mid December. We're working on that and will let you know in time the exact date.

Greetings from the island to you, dear Jan, to the rest of the list-pack and to everybody out there. We love you all very much.

Marian Gold

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 13 Jun 2009, 13:14   #7
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Tue Jun 9, 2009 8:02 am

Thank You

Dear folks,

I’d like to thank you for your kind birthday wishes. I received them all
with joy and gratitude and have had the most wonderful day. Though I am very
busy with concerts and the current album production I do not miss a word
written at the mailing list. I hope to give you soon more good news about
our activities.

Amitiés
Marian (just around your corner)

Source: The Mailinglist

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 10 Dec 2009, 17:27   #8
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Tue Dec 8, 2009 9:56 am

Dear friends of Alphaville,

I'd like to thank everybody who attended the show on the 4th of
December in Prague.
It was a wonderful and most moving experience for us to share the
25th Anniversary of the band together with you.
You made a great event even greater.

To those who couldn't make it to Prague I offer my compliments, too.
Your wishes and greetings which reached us over the last couple of
weeks were very touching and encouraging.
We will carry on the flag and will do our best to keep you all
entertained.

Yours faithfully
Marian Gold

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 26 Dec 2009, 11:04   #9
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:32 am

Dear Friends,

I'd like to express my kindest Christmas Greetings!
May you all have a splendid time and let the year finish off with many magic
moments.
I am looking forward to 2010 and to meeting you again.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Marian Gold

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 01 May 2010, 11:02   #10
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Hello everybody,

this is Marian Gold from Starship Alphaville. First of all and also on behalf of my wife Anna and of course of Ferdinand, I'd like to thank you for the kind congratulations we have received over the last couple of days. Some of your mails also contained questions and remarks which I would like to answer:

1.) Hey Outsider, nice to hear from you and yes indeed, we live in a quite busy house. - Since you have co-written ID4U2day, you might be interested to know that we have worked out a completely new version of the song together with our producer (hopefully) to be. I will write more about the subject production later on.

2.) Hey Marco, there's no specific reason for naming our son Ferdinand, it's just that we like the name very much.

3.) Hey Jana and Ludmila, I'm looking forward to your presents :-)

4.) Hey Olek, here's the easy solution to your problem: Ferdinand is the sixth child out of three sons and two daughters. Message understood ?:-)

5.) Hey Kestutis, I gladly confirm Martin's announcement that the planned release date of our upcoming album will be the end of September/early October 2010. - Things are going very well. And although our management is still negotiating with the management of our favoured producer for the final touches of production, I dare say that we have found the ideal manning for the job. As soon as the deal is fixed I will tell you his name. We also receive great support from Universal, our new record company and I can tell you that the guys are really pushing us hard to keep the deadline which means that a punctual release is quite likely to be (and very unlikely for Alphaville). - And we have great songs waiting for their final production. I actually am happy that we managed to keep most of them as a secret ensuring the album still will be a surprise in most of its parts. And as it looks like it will also be a surprise for us since the last weeks have proven how much certain songs can change during the last steps in production.

That's all for now. We will keep you updated.
Love and greetings from Berlin, London and Outer Space
Marian

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Closed Thread