Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Cover Versions

Old 05 May 2013, 10:14   #1
Avalon
Dreamer

My remix of IDFYT

Hi fellow AV fans.
I did just finnish my remix on IDFYT, and I was wondering if you could tell me what you think? If there is anything in the mix that don't work that well, or if there is somthing that work well. Just your opinion on it [smile2]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0F7n...pq-Xlw&index=1
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2013, 22:38   #2
Sappy
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Hi,
Like your mix....I think the beginning is great, but to me the music sounds a little 'thin' and the piano sounds a bit 'cheap' maybe you should/could use some more effects on there. I'm no expert but the mix has a nice and fresh mood, maybe I would throw in some pads n stuff to make the music sounding a bit more 'thick' .....anyway, good stuff
Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 17:53   #3
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

It´s nice.....but I miss some more bass in the drum.....or what the word is for it...more heavy sound

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 20:30   #4
Avalon
Dreamer

Thanks for the feedback Sappy and Krapplund :D .

To Sappy: Yes I have thought about putting some pad/string sound in, but i never got around to it, and i'm not quiet sure where in the remix it would fit best, But I will go back to the project and try to get some pads/strings in it, and I will also take what you said about some more effeckts and see if I come up with somthing. But 1 question: could you spesify what you meant when you said that tha piano sound "cheap". Couse it will help me alot, so I know what to try and better about the piano sound. and again thanks for the feedback [smile2]

To Krapplund: I see your point. I never wanted it to be a bass heavy track, did'nt think it would fit the style and sound of the remix. But I will try and do somthing about it, and add a little more bass punch to the kick drum. And again, thank you so much for the feedback[smile2]
Old 16 May 2013, 21:27   #5
Sappy
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Cheap is probably a wrong word to use......The piano seems to me to be thin and too dry.....need more fx's like reverb/compression/deelay/eq and so on.....but I'm no expert
Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2013, 17:10   #6
sophienoelle
Themaestro'sgirl

I liked the remix - a lot - Well done!!! And I do agree with the two people above, I would LOVE to hear it a bit "thicker". Wish I could do stuff like that, awesome you're wiling to share with us, thank you!!

“Therefore, let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.”
sophienoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2014, 12:07   #7
Avalon
Dreamer

Thank you for the feedback sophienoelle . I will trie an make it "thicker"! I might mix it all over again. PS. So sorry for a very late replay. I havent been very active here for some time