Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 25 Oct 2002, 13:07   #1
leenix
Dreamer

Aaaaaargh - I must have bad karma - this week sucks

I have to get this off my chest. I wish this week was over or that this weekend has something wonderful in store for me.

MONDAY: on my way to work the bus suddenly brakes violently and all the people on the bus fly through the air and land in different ways. One guy gets a nose bleed, I injure a foot. It still hurts as hell and I look like Quasimodo with this limp.

TUESDAY: the bloody bus skips my bus stop and I have to run as hell to the next one (so does half a dozen others) to get to work. My foot doesn't exactly get any better from this.

WEDNESDAY: to get to my Italian class in time, I leave work a little earlier and I end up waiting for a bus that was supposed to come 16.44, but it doesn't show up at all. I wait for the next bus that comes half an hour later. My injured foot gets wet and cold and I get cranky.

THURSDAY: (you'll love this one...) I accidentally push no 5 twice on the ATM and I get 5500 SEK (appr. 580 USD)instead of 500. I never carry this much cash around normally and I'm anxiuos go get home with it, but I decide to walz into a Chinese shop first to buy some funny condiments and stuff. What happens? When I come to the cash register I realise my wallet is gone. Pickpockets took 5500 SEK, two hard-to-get theatre tickets and all those cards one needs every day, including my ID. Btw, my foot still hurts.

Someone please say something positive about this...(NOT 5500 SEK equals two weeks in Greece or two months rent!)
leenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2002, 13:10   #2
wonder2000
Banned

I hate busses too.
wonder2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2002, 13:37   #3
micki
Banned

oh that's so awful! =( I'm sorry to hear that...I truly hope everything's gonna turn out fine for you, and that something's gonna happen that at least somehow would compensate what you experienced this week...just hold on *hugs Leenix*
micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2002, 13:51   #4
wii
Dream Master

Argghh, what a week - I would spend my weekend at home, if I were you.
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2002, 14:09   #5
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

that's awful!!!!!

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2002, 14:56   #6
Avil
The dream

Poor girl!!!

Isn´t it typical that everything happens at the same time??
Hope you are feeling better with that foot of yours.
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2002, 15:27   #7
micki
Banned

exactly! "Things can only get better..." now when you got all the shit at the same time, you'll probably get a big ooze of luck next week or later ;)
micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2002, 17:57   #8
poul e
Dream Keeper

@Leenix: That was really a horrible week you´ve had!!!! And I agree with Willy that you should stay home this weekend!!!
If I had some luck to send you I would, but it would probably just make it worse, but like Hardin and Micki says "Things can only get better" *sings the Howard Jones song*
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2002, 18:41   #9
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Oh Leena! I'm sorry!
I have nothing positive to say though.
Life sucks!

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2002, 21:50   #10
leenix
Dreamer

Hey, thanks for your support guys! I just got home after a few beers with a pal of mine. She reminded me of all the things that are going so well right now and the fact that I'm actually HAPPY. A financial setback is nothing when you have all the things money can't buy: love, friendship, health (yeah, that foot'll heal...). Tomorrow I'll go to a big party (http://www.elektron.se/announce.php?...e27e5645e96767) and have some fun. Life's good.

...---... life will kill you in the end ...---...
leenix is offline   Reply With Quote