Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:01   #21
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

naaaah, i don't care. as soon as i'm ready to turn that fun-toy into a dotcom i'll invest some time in finding a new name. and that change of names wil be celebrated heavily with all new wallpapers and stuff ;) and with a few beers.
Last edited by shapeseven; 20 Apr 2011 at 21:55.
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:03   #22
Kaz
Her...

Whatever. Still don't understand what it's all about and what you want from it.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:06   #23
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

kaz: and that is ...bad? i don't think so. just take it easy. i've been wandering the alphaville online universe for 15 years now, and there were and are various duplications and co-inspirations. i found out the a south amrican site existed a few days after launching the blog. i don't really think that people mix up the sites once they saw them. but i promise: as soon as i go for a top level domain i'll change the name. i hope this is fine with you :)
Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:07   #24
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

kaz: don't worry, there's no need to be understood. if it's fine to entertain and to please you, i'm happy. if not - well, sad for me. :)
... just don't take it too seriously.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:09   #25
wii
Dream Master

A clear purpose is very important for any site online, you don't want people to guess, people don't have the time, and people will forget about it, so yes, that is bad, but you clearly have a talent for graphics, so keep working on it, offer some more stuff and keep it updated often, so people will come back wanting more [smile2]
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:10   #26
jetset
Dreamer

Got questions ?
Yes I do
where did you find those pix

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:14   #27
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

sorry, willy, but that's probably right for an editorial portal or a product presentation. if you're looking for a structured informational site, there's already a lot on the web.

the reason i started that site (i have been thinking about something like that already a few years, believe me) is the chance to create something new, something that even surprises me and that has no clear structure - or, at least none that's visible at the first glance. something that grows, that evolves and that has lots of facettes.

this project is an creative and artistic approach - it is not a fast food webnews reatiler.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:15   #28
Kaz
Her...

The point is, does it entertain? People need to see what it is you want to entertain them with first. All I see are some nice pics but nothing much else. After a while, people may get bored and then what is the point? If you make it clear to people what it could evolve into and what kind of thing might be included, they might get more interested. I'm speaking from my own personal point of view though.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:18   #29
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

jetset: except for the editorial pictures from zargarinejad/universal i made them all myself. they were all shot and edited on an iphone (except for the wallpapers, the iphone theme and the t-shirt, of course - those were created on a desktop mac).
the yet released images were shot in or around barcelona, hamburg, soltau and madrid, munich, palma and london, most of them were modified during rides on public transport or on the plane.
Last edited by shapeseven; 20 Apr 2011 at 20:24.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 20:20   #30
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

kaz: :) different opinion, and no, i have no idea what it might become. personally i do think it absolutely does entertain. and there's a lot to discover, not only between the lines.
but of course, if you prefer structured storylines and less surprises aswell as no experiments it might not be the right stuff for you. it's absolutely fair not to like it, of course. but hey, give it a chance :)
Last edited by shapeseven; 20 Apr 2011 at 21:58.