Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > Fan Discographies, Music and Artwork

Old 07 Nov 2014, 10:45   #1
TPJ
TPJ

A book inspired by Alphaville...

Hi. I'm new and am still finding my way around this great site!

I just wanted to say that, after many years of hard toil and torment, I've just published my first novel (ebook) which was inspired by AV. It's not free to download but the first chapters are free if you are curious and wish to take a peep. I thought that as it was inspired by AV, some of you might really like it. I very much hope so. I've always loved AV and it has always had a huge influence on me (and my imagination!). AV has always been able to hit hard and cut deep, in that intimate kind of way that only good music can.

The book is big, and the first part of a trilogy. It's futuristic / si-fi / adventure and on Amazon and iTunes.

Title: The Changing - Book 1 of Parental Games.

If you do take a look I hope you enjoy! Thanks. TPJ.
ps. I can't believe I missed the party in Paris!
TPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2014, 13:21   #2
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Welcome to the forum!!

Link to Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Changing-Boo...Parental+Games

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2014, 13:44   #3
TPJ
TPJ

Thank you! I am looking forward to exploring the site and getting to know it and its members better. I should have joined years ago!
Old 07 Nov 2014, 17:57   #4
AmberVonAvalon
Dreamer

Awesome!! I'll check it out.

Now the party's over, I'm so tired ~ Then I see you coming out of nowhere
Much communication in a motion ~ Without conversation or a notion
Avalon
AmberVonAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2014, 20:16   #5
Omegaville
Cusp of the Millenium

I've just read the preview and wish I could buy the rest. The atmosphere of the beginning was darkish and a bit suspended in an interesting way. Plus I'm into sci-fi thingies... It really reminded me somewhat of that new AV songs.

As a tween I really used to think my username is so clever, huh.

Thank you, Dreamscapes, for opening up new dreamscapes to this young soul.
Omegaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2014, 21:36   #6
nicole
Dreamer

Welcome!! I will definitely take a look at your book!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2014, 09:46   #7
TPJ
TPJ

Thank you very much. :)
Old 08 Nov 2014, 10:14   #8
TPJ
TPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaville View Post
I've just read the preview and wish I could buy the rest. The atmosphere of the beginning was darkish and a bit suspended in an interesting way. Plus I'm into sci-fi thingies... It really reminded me somewhat of that new AV songs.
Hi Omegaville. Thank you for taking a look at my book. You really made my day! I hope one day you can buy the rest and that you enjoy it.

It does appear to have a darkish aspect to it, but as the story progresses you will find that I don't delve too much in nasty aspects (because I'm not that kind of person), but I do leave lots to the imagination. The book focuses more on dreams, surrealism, personalities and inter-relational aspects. But the whole book is, I supposed, based on that traditional battle between good and evil, is emotionally charged, and the story takes place in alternative dimensions. So it's not horror or anything. Personally I'm not into horror, but I do love sci-fi, some fantasy, and am generally a dreamer with a big imagination. I started to write when I was unemployed for a while and without an art studio (I'm an artist too). I just had to stay creative some how otherwise I was going to go insane, and listening to AV was a huge help and a great source of inspiration! And it still is!
Old 08 Nov 2014, 10:15   #9
TPJ
TPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole View Post
Welcome!! I will definitely take a look at your book!
Thank you Nicole.
Old 08 Nov 2014, 11:59   #10
Omegaville
Cusp of the Millenium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
Hi Omegaville. Thank you for taking a look at my book. You really made my day! I hope one day you can buy the rest and that you enjoy it.

It does appear to have a darkish aspect to it, but as the story progresses you will find that I don't delve too much in nasty aspects (because I'm not that kind of person), but I do leave lots to the imagination. The book focuses more on dreams, surrealism, personalities and inter-relational aspects. But the whole book is, I supposed, based on that traditional battle between good and evil, is emotionally charged, and the story takes place in alternative dimensions. So it's not horror or anything. Personally I'm not into horror, but I do love sci-fi, some fantasy, and am generally a dreamer with a big imagination. I started to write when I was unemployed for a while and without an art studio (I'm an artist too). I just had to stay creative some how otherwise I was going to go insane, and listening to AV was a huge help and a great source of inspiration! And it still is!
Thank you! Well, first impression is first impression [smile2]

For my imagination AV put a lot of its mystic pressure and made me want to write as well... But my stories aren't that good, well, I'm just teenager

As a tween I really used to think my username is so clever, huh.

Thank you, Dreamscapes, for opening up new dreamscapes to this young soul.
Omegaville is offline   Reply With Quote