Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 11 Dec 2008, 18:17   #51
Claudia
Alphaville Moonbase
www.alphaville.de

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonBoy View Post
As the word and language fascist I am, I must ask why you use an incorrect stress (´) instead of a correct apostrophe ( ' ). A stress mark is only to be used on top of a letter, such as on my last name Alsén. The apostrophe is usually found over the right shift key and you don't have to press the space key afterwards.

Sorry, but it has bugged me for a while [tonque]
That seem to be a Mac/PC keyboard matter. I was feeling annoyed about it as well and corrected Marian's lyrics for many years but for now I stopped. Just turn your display a bit to the right and enjoy the correct stress mark and the italian letters!
Best regards from Alphaville Moonbase
Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2008, 18:28   #52
wii
Dream Master

What´s the problem ? I´ve written like this for years, and it´s working fine so far [smile2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonBoy View Post
As the word and language fascist I am, I must ask why you use an incorrect stress
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2008, 18:53   #53
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
That seem to be a Mac/PC keyboard matter. I was feeling annoyed about it as well and corrected Marian's lyrics for many years but for now I stopped. Just turn your display a bit to the right and enjoy the correct stress mark and the italian letters!
Best regards from Alphaville Moonbase
Tried it... looks very artistic but it makes me sea-sick....

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2008, 19:01   #54
Dingerz
Dreamer

I just posted this on the list, so I thought I'd post it here too. My thoughts:

I'm glad the finished product finally came about. There are things I like better about the first version, and things I like better about the new version. Although I do think I like the first version better, but that could also because I've become accustomed to it, having listened to it a ton over the year. I ADORE the song. So I will certainly give the new version quite a few more listens before I really decide.

I like the first version because it's first instinct, and I like the raw energy of it. I'm not the biggest fan of the expected christmas horns at 1:30 in the new version, but that's my biggest complaint about additions to the original.

The new version has a bit more variety in expression, as you have introduced quiet parts like at 2:00 in the song. I like those. Same goes for the ending on the new version, it's very dreamy with extra guitars, followed by a more drawn out finish with sleigh bells. I know the ending for me just evokes an image of twinkling stars so the effect of "Christmas" is really hit upon. But a part of my brain still likes the initial brash ending of the first version with hard hitting bells.

It's funny, I seem to ADORE Alphaville's first instinct. For example, I always loved the original version of Elegy over the re-done version. But that's not to say that this version of Love Will Find a Way is bad. I do like it and I'm glad to have it.

..now I just want a new full album!! It's been too long.

Tara

Have concert? Will travel!
Dingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2008, 19:07   #55
Mr. Picard
Streetside Romeo

I love the 'present'... *lol* I mean hey, at least they're thinking of us! ;)

I like it as much as I liked the first version... and I wouldn't mind if the new album sounded like this... *runs and hides*

~And as for love... we need to be strangers from now on. ~
Mr. Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2008, 19:13   #56
Dingerz
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiville View Post
I think that this song shows again how beautiful Marian's voice is !!!
Adi - YES - I LOVE hearing Marian's voice soar. I want to hear him just belt it out all the time. Not to constrict him artistically and all but it's not like I can get that anywhere..

So what's the verdict, from most ppl you guys talk to - which version do people like best?

Tara

Last edited by Dingerz; 11 Dec 2008 at 19:16.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 19:24   #57
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

To be honnest, the first version.
Why? Because it came in a moment I didn't expected to hear anything new from AV and then suddenly we had the new song on Moonbase.
It was really nice to hear that they hadn't forgotten us...

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2008, 19:46   #58
Kaz
Her...

Think I agree with JP.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2008, 22:46   #59
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

Honestly, I only listened to the first version once or twice last year and never listened to it since then. And I think it'll be the same with this version. I listened to it. And that's all. Really not my type of music... But then again I don't like FY...

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2008, 22:55   #60
Dingerz
Dreamer

Wow, really? I adore the song, but I do think the original was best. I'd actually classify the original version as one of my all time fav AV songs. It just hit me when I heard it last year and I played it everywhere. In fact I accidently deleted the mp3 from my itunes library last night when putting both version on my ipod and I was SO pissed. That is until I found out I had copies of it buried in lots of other places on my computer. Yeah, I liked it that much heh.

Tara