Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Reviews

Old 15 Feb 2008, 14:59   #1
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

7 6th fanclub meeting (Sweden), Sep 2002

Time to meet Alphaville fans again
Now it was time to meet the Alphaville fans again and I started my trip after a days work. I had 250 km of travel from my home in Emmaboda to the second biggest town in Sweden – Göteborg. The first beers were open already in the train and later in the bus that I had to use to get to the hotel where the meeting was.

This years meeting was like always on an island – this year on the island Björkö outside Göteborg. Around 7 pm I arrived to the Badhushotelet there we should have our meeting, and there were already eight fans there. After we all got together, we started to talk about what to do. Not hard to decide…it was time to visit the pool and sauna at the hotel. After a really hard ball-war in the pool we decided to take it easy in the sauna with some beers. At 9 pm the pool and sauna were closed, so we decided to have something to eat, but the kitchen was closed for the evening. The hotel-owner was nice to talk with the chef so he could fix something for us to eat – hamburger to all!

The rest of the evening we listened to music, drank beers, talking about Alphaville, and talk about what happend at the last years meeting in Denmark. I was missing a refrigerator for my beer and talked quite a lot about that, so the others had something to laugh about. Not to forget all the laughs about vinyl, 12”, sounds like a melody, b-sides, elevator. “That´s humour” like someone said. So this evening was great and around 3 am it was time to sleep for me…..I was quite tired.

New day and new members
A new day and new Alphaville fans, but first we had to eat something. And after a good breakfast we walked down to the sea. And four of us were in the maybe 15 degrees celcious warm water. After a slow walk back to the hotel with a stop for ice cream we were ready for all the other Alphaville fans to drop in, so they went to the hotel one after one. We went to Göteborg to get some money and something to eat while we were waiting for the other members.

Later it was pool-war on the agenda agein and this time the war was hard, very hard. After some hours everyone had enough and the clock was running towards 4 pm. At 4 pm the meeting was official open and we all 20 members were sitting/standing in a room. This years meeting was the biggest since the beginning of the fanclub. Joachim and Willy welcomed us and talked about what we could expect for this evening/night.

Then we were invited to the dinner room for a great lunch made by a chef that had been in Swedish television making his food and after that it was time to walk around and talk with all the members. Later the evening we had a music competiton and other competions about Alphaville. Later we had the chance to listen and buy Artworks new CD with 5 songs….so we had a small release party with wine and snacks in one of the rooms.

We had the chance to listen to a CD with some song made by Bernhard Lloyd. Unlucky the hotel owner kicked us out from the hotel because of some redwine spot in a room before we had the chance to listen to the CD, and we were banned from the hotel. The hotel owner told all us to leave immediately.

But after cleaning the wine spot and some talk with the owner, he was happy again and let us stay over the night, but the CD was in a locked room, so we missed the chance to listen to the song. Next day some heard the song and said it was a cover version of Fiction Factory´s song Feels Like Heaven. Badly I missed the chance to listen to the cover the day after too.

The party was going on to the morning around 5-6 am and I think we all had a happy time together.

Time to go home
On Sunday it was time to leave the hotel after a big breakfast and travel home the 250 km. Home to my computer and one hour later a chat with the other members that were on the meeting. Talking about what had happened at the meeting, and of course home to my bed.

Anyway this meeting was great and I meet many new members from Sweden, Norway and Denmark…..a meeting to remember and I will remember it with a happy smile on my face.

It´s Humour!!

Photogallery:

http://www.alphaville.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=34

Peter “Krapplund” Krappinger
www.krapplund.com

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by Krapplund; 15 Feb 2008 at 15:17.
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote