Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 20 Apr 2020, 22:17   #11
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

This song I have loved since I Heard it for the first time maybe 10 years ago in a rocky live version with a lots of guitarrs(and I dont like that)but still I loved It and listen to this studioversion with alot more synths and electronica is totally Amazing to hear for a synthfan as myself.
This is one of the best songs AV ever made
Thanks Tobi,Marian,Martin and all others for this magical song

but one thing i cant understand is why this fantastic song hasnt been placed on any album

If I remember right I read somewhere that there is a single version of this song,does that exist
Last edited by hajak; 20 Apr 2020 at 22:23.
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2020, 22:35   #12
Halfnelson
Waiter

Love it, love it, love it! Best of 50's Sci-Fi, good old 80's AV, 90's techno & more, all rolled into one as seen from the ivory tower. Also almost impossible not moving the body. Thank you AV!

And Toby, you really outsmarted yourself on this one, 'gratz and thank you very much!

Last edited by Halfnelson; 26 Apr 2020 at 17:40.
Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2020, 00:15   #13
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Yeah the video is definitely a gem... actually, I alternate between listening to the song with my eyes closed and watching the video with the volume turned down because both are so great in their own right that combining them nearly overwhelms me. Amazing stuff!!!

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2020, 00:55   #14
Mart
Dreamer

Ohhhh. Please remix Sister Sun. It will fit right in with all these new Demos

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2020, 05:47   #15
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajak View Post
This song I have loved since I Heard it for the first time maybe 10 years ago in a rocky live version with a lots of guitarrs(and I dont like that)but still I loved It and listen to this studioversion with alot more synths and electronica is totally Amazing to hear for a synthfan as myself.
This is one of the best songs AV ever made
Thanks Tobi,Marian,Martin and all others for this magical song

but one thing i cant understand is why this fantastic song hasnt been placed on any album

If I remember right I read somewhere that there is a single version of this song,does that exist

Marian made a Single edit years ago. But it was never used
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2020, 11:48   #16
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Can't thank you enough for releasing this, shape. You said a few years ago that you'd listen to this song in your car (or something along those lines) and ever since that I've wanted to hear the studio version.

Just a question: Are all of these demos mp3 files before you encode it into the video and then post it on youtube? If so, are the project files / multi-tracks even around anymore so they can be re-exported as something higher in quality (WAV)?
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2020, 18:27   #17
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Everything’s available in higher resolution. Although it happens that, like HBC, it happens to some that they have compressions that are irreversible,
Old 21 Apr 2020, 18:30   #18
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

As for many - like QoH e.g.- sources are available. Gold applied tiny optimisations to QoH last week.
Old 22 Apr 2020, 00:43   #19
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Oh, that's awesome. I mostly asked since the Enigma demo in particular sounded a bit "lossy" in the beginning when the kicks come in. I can hear some slight compression artifacts.

Also: When you decide on what demo gets released, do you pick the latest mix available? For QOH did you pick the last mix made before work stopped on it or was there just that version available?

For HBC you probably went through the various versions and tried to find a radically different one to what's available to the general public (vinyl / album mix).

Also an idea: I see this forum lets people create polls. Maybe make a weekly poll on what song should be released each Monday.
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2020, 06:48   #20
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Well, Marian created a (quite long) shortlist of Song candidates. We discuss then which could be the next one, based on gut feelings, on what-fit’s-in-the-Line and on video ideas we have, which song could possibly be the next part in the puzzle. A poll wouldn’t make any sense as you would only have names to choose from - without any idea of what’s behind.