Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Cover Versions

Old 02 Mar 2003, 05:33   #1
russharvey
Dream Keeper

I Satellite

Just picked up my limited edition #19 autographed 3" cdr called Auto: by I Satellite. On it - a very authentic sounding cover of A Victory of Love! He uses the same equipment as AV did and Bernhard says its remarkebly accurate!! About the only thing that is different is the vocals!

It only cost me 5 dollars to buy the 3" cdr and of course it helps a new band get their official start in this business (along with some proceeds to AV buy buying it of course) - his debut album Automatic is also out now and he is a HUGE fan of Alphaville as well as synth and electronic music!!

If you have the tribute album you will find he did a pretty good job covering Into the Dark!!

Great how AV influence continues to inspire others to make music on their own isn't it?
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2003, 14:28   #2
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2003, 17:41   #3
wii
Dream Master

Interesting post Krapplund.

Anyway, where can we find this wonder Russ?
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2003, 18:19   #4
russharvey
Dream Keeper

I can't recall the website at the moment - but you can get more info from him at info@isatellite.info

more to come........

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
Old 02 Mar 2003, 18:29   #5
davidhorizon
Antilles

Well from the mailadress you can figure out that the webadress is: www.isatellite.info

Anyway not much on the homepage, but this picure: (He's got all the good ol' stuff!)

http://www.isatellite.info/images/P1010001.JPG
davidhorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2003, 20:16   #6
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

Oh, I remember Into The Dark - one of my faves from WHTC. So I believe AVOL is great too...

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2003, 19:07   #7
i satellite
Dreamer

Thanks for the support Russ. I SATELLITE just finished playing our first show ever at the AUTOBAHN 2 Electro-pop festival in the US on Saturday night and it went very well. We played A Victory of Love to a packed house as the final song in our set and it was very well received. Afterwards, when I was asked which album the song came from, I encouraged several to pick up Alphaville's first album as it is one of our all-time favorites ever. Our full-length AUTO:MATIC was released the week before the show. The studio vocal version of AVOL is included on our limited edition EP, AUTO:. We are charging $5 plus shipping for the EP to cover the material costs and WEA royalties (approx. $80+). We sold about 30 of these EP's at the show, and have only about 50 of them left. So if you are interested, it is still available, along with our full-length AUTO:MATIC, by e-mailing order@isatellite.info and requesting purchase information. After only being out a week, we only have about 50 EP's left, so we don't expect them to last very long. Our website is currently under construction, and should be ready within the next few weeks. In the meantime you can check out some of our MP3's at www.mp3.com/isatellite. Our influences include Alphaville, Ultravox, Numan, Men Without Hats, Kraftwerk, Neu!, John Foxx, Human League, to name a few. We only use analog synths, hardware sequencers, and vintage effects for all of our songs (no computers).
i satellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2003, 19:14   #8
wii
Dream Master

Thanks i satellite for joining us.

I´m sure many of us will enjoy your music - I´m currently listening to "autoMat", which more than anything sounds like Men without Hats, just even more electronic, the voice is very similar.

In any case I think i satellite should have their own topic under "other artists".

Addition:

Just listened to all the songs - this stuff is GREAT ! Very simple 80s style, but just the way I like it - "Out Of Space" is definately my favorite right now.

i satellite, what is the total price including postage to Europe for your CD?
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2003, 01:59   #9
i satellite
Dreamer

Actually, the price after March 1st (the official release date) as indicated in our press release, is $12 for the full-length, and $6 for the EP. Unless of course your name is Marian Gold or Bernhard Lloyd in which case you get both CD's for free. :-) The full-length is also available at Amazon.com for $14 and soon from CDBaby and A Different Drum for $12. However, up until March 7, anyone on this forum (and this forum only) can buy both the CD and EP for the pre-release price of $15 plus shipping. Just send me an e-mail indicating you want the AVFORUM discount (order@isatellite.info). I'll include a free robot button and I SATELLITE sticker with your order. Please indicate male or female button. :-) Shipping to Europe is $10. Shipping to the USA is $4. Please add an additional 3% (US) or 4% (all other countries) to the final total if you intend to use Paypal (that's what they charge). Otherwise you can snail-mail me an International Money Order (e-mail me for the address). Shirts and additional buttons (a different button for each CD track) are also available. Thanks for your support!
i satellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2003, 03:12   #10
russharvey
Dream Keeper

hehe...... no doubts here Rod!!!! You may be new to this forum, but I know how many years you have invested in this band.... hehe... besides, how can you question the integrity of anyone who would take the time to purchase all the same equipment that AV used on Forever Young and then use it to make his own album!! Sounds faithful and true to me!! hehe!!!!

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***