Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 10 Oct 2010, 12:55   #51
Kaz
Her...

OK, I've looked at the video without the soundtrack and this is what I get from it.

She's coerced him into marrying her. He doesn't really want to (the gun and handcuffs bit and the part where he's alone and kicks over the chair thinking what the hell am I doing). She goes to meet him and he shows her he wants to marry her and then she sets off the grenade, as if OK, piss me around and I'll let go. So, is she going to spend the rest of their lives together holding on to that bloody thing?

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:17   #52
Marina Orchid
Back from the light

One can only envy your imagination, Kaz! [smile2]
With such an approach you can scoff at any video and movie and spoil its meaning to death .

I will be standing on my own, the work is good.

And we know that we know what we know.
Is it truth?
Marina Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:28   #53
Patryn.ru
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Orchid View Post
Thanks, Patryn! Now I can finally watch it as well [smile2].

Just would like to defend this video from all the critics here . It's not bad, for me it is even good! Of course, it doesn't possess with the same "depth and height" as "For a million"-video, for example, and isn't actually unique... but, you know, and the very song is very simple... Thus, the clip and the song suit each other absolutely all right; the same goes about the coincidence in the plot, mood and atmosphere.
Don't think that its "cheapness", as someone said here, is meaningful. Not everything that is cheap is bad, and far not everything that is expensive is good... There are loads of examples of it...
i'm totally agree with you.

it's amazing that alphaville has returned and video as good as song lyrics

p.s she holds AK74, it's the best choise)))))
Last edited by Patryn.ru; 10 Oct 2010 at 13:36.
Patryn.ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:32   #54
Kaz
Her...

Well Marina, I'm very matter-of-fact and look for the logical in everything. Seems logical to me.

Just call me Mrs. Spock...

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:49   #55
Marina Orchid
Back from the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patryn.ru
p.s she holds AK74, it's the best choise)))))

Even somehow we took part in it...[spin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
Well Marina, I'm very matter-of-fact and look for the logical in everything. Seems logical to me.
That's not a demerit, somebody should "carry this flag" . I also often look for the logical explanation but not that much.
And I like the allegorism of this video...

Is it truth?
Old 10 Oct 2010, 14:11   #56
jetset
Dreamer

I must say at least there is a (small) scenario - which is not always the case for all music videos- and a clever conclusion with the pull ring. The parallel stories make me think of the movie "Mr & Mrs Smith".

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 14:25   #57
Pitesina
Take it easy!

Ok. I have watched again the video. The first time I just listened to the music and looked at Marian. Now my sensation is this: He will marry to a beautiful woman, full of beauty and tenderness but the reality is another. She is bad and just want to finish with him. That´s why they meet in a horrible place, because that´s the reality and he is living in a dream. Finally she wants to kill him (well, she makes a mess of his life).

Maybe if I watch the video again, I will find another explanation [smile2]

Cheers and have a wonderful day!

Nunca te arrepientas de lo que hagas. Arrepiéntete de lo que no has hecho. [kitty]
Pitesina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 14:42   #58
Marina Orchid
Back from the light

Why does everybody try to understand everything letter by letter?? Do you understand phraseological expressions, for example, also this way? Abstract your mind. This story is only an inderect "depiction" of his feelings.

Is it truth?
Old 10 Oct 2010, 17:29   #59
TheMoonBoy
A view from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Fascinating.
TheMoonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 17:56   #60
nicole
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Orchid View Post
Thanks, Patryn! Now I can finally watch it as well [smile2].

Just would like to defend this video from all the critics here . It's not bad, for me it is even good! Of course, it doesn't possess with the same "depth and height" as "For a million"-video, for example, and isn't actually unique... but, you know, and the very song is very simple... Thus, the clip and the song suit each other absolutely all right; the same goes about the coincidence in the plot, mood and atmosphere.
Don't think that its "cheapness", as someone said here, is meaningful. Not everything that is cheap is bad, and far not everything that is expensive is good... There are loads of examples of it...
The target was to convey the idea of the song, not simply to pose and grimace senselessly before the video-camera, as it is in fashion now..., and the band coped with it perfectly! What's nice, there is no this Hollywoodian tragedism and pathos round the situation, as it could be expected....

These pink-beige colours are used purposefully and don't spoil the video. The whole situation is based on the confrontation and contradiction of the sufferings of the main heroes. For her the world is in optimistic happy colours (she throws in her lot with the beloved man), for him everything around is as if grey, colourless, he has got the feeling of emptiness - everything has ruined (he's losing the woman he loves). That's why he is in this empty room and later "meets" her near some destoyed building. Her wedding dressing is similized to the dressing into the military camouflage. Follow the line "You kill me blindly...". All is a visual metaphor (that is, in fact, the explanation for Nicole, as she was interested... ). I like the way they presented the thought.

To sum it up, the work, to my mind, is pretty successful!
Okay. That makes more sense! Its confusing at first. when I was watching it, I was so lost, but Im going to watch it again, now that I know whats it about! Thank you!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote