Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 02 Mar 2014, 19:57   #6451
Mumu
Exclusive Fanclub Member

It seems like if it's not your lucky week. I'd go back to the doctor too, with such a mess.

Whatever you do, never explain yourself : your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you.
Mumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2014, 00:28   #6452
MalilaM
Random Motion

Take good care of yourself, Sophie. I also vote for your getting checked by the doctor so he'll see everything is alright. :)

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2014, 16:52   #6453
sophienoelle
Themaestro'sgirl

Thanks guys! Everything is fine, no signs of problems or infections, and no more strips have come off, so I think I'm good...

“Therefore, let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.”
sophienoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2014, 11:00   #6454
Kaz
Her...

It's been peeing down with rain for about 36 hours. It's cold (10°C). I need to go to the shops. I need to scrub the bathroom and other stuff in prep for the landlord coming next week to do the handover of the flat. I haven't been paid this month yet and the bills are piling up. I've got 9 days left in Germany, then a 2000km drive to my new home and country, with a cat in tow. I have to set up the house on that side. I start my new job in the last week of August and I don't even know what class and age group I have yet, so can't do any planning and prep. I have a whole bloody book to read in prep for a professional development session in the first week of work. I have no August pay and have to wait for my first pay in September.

You know, when I write it all down like that and look at it, it's no bloody wonder I'm stressed. Yet, I take it all one step at a time and don't think about it. It's a great coping strategy.

My biggest problem is I have to go out in the rain in a few mins cos I have no fags left. [cry]

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2014, 12:23   #6455
Mumu
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Old memories.... even if we had only 500km to do for moving. Good luck. In a few weeks, you'll say : "OH, indeed, we did all that ?".

Whatever you do, never explain yourself : your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you.
Old 09 Jul 2014, 17:59   #6456
Clare
Alphanut

I used to have that problem with delayed pay. Will do again soon. It's such a pain! Earlier this week the weather was more like late winter early spring so I can picture it there. Hope things improve.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2014, 23:40   #6457
MalilaM
Random Motion

Oh dear. I just moved 200 km East and I'm overwhelmed. [smile2]

Good luck, Kaz, it's all too chaotic, but I hope you'll get everything sorted out. [love2]

Old 17 Sep 2014, 20:47   #6458
MalilaM
Random Motion

This week age has really beaten me up:

Last Sunday I was in a department store and saw some make-up that I liked, and exclaimed spontaneously "If only I were 20 years younger!"

Yesterday, I was baffled when a friend of mine told me about her daughter who has just finished college.

And today I found a Freddy Mercury poster with the dates "1946-1991", and I thought he'd been dead for thirteen years, until I actually made the maths.

*this is not happening, this is not happening...* [disguise]

Old 17 Sep 2014, 20:53   #6459
Mumu
Exclusive Fanclub Member

I have the same problem each time a former pupil (mine live my school at 16) come back to introduce me his/her babies.

I always think that the most important age is the one we have in our brain and in our heart.

Old 18 Sep 2014, 17:02   #6460
sophienoelle
Themaestro'sgirl

I spent all morning fixing two years worth of wrong billings of over a million dollars, preparing refunds and new billings for the right entity. Then, reviewing everything, I noticed one small mistake that I had not seen the first time, and have no control to fix, and it derailed everything! Now I can't do any refunds, or billings, until someone else fixes it, and that will involve asking for money back from a third party....And I wasted ALL morning.
So now I'm eating chocolate chip cookies and I don't care if I eat them all....

“Therefore, let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.”
sophienoelle is offline   Reply With Quote