Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 29 Mar 2020, 13:29   #1251
Halfnelson
Waiter

Maybe a second secet message in the same Moonbase post? If we consider only the words fully written in capital:

days like these, truth burn in hell

Accidental or not, I couldn't agree more. Stay safe everybody...

Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2020, 14:28   #1252
emo72
Dreamer

one of marians backing vocals in the fantastic dream is "All you need is love love love" from the beatles song. its at 2.50. and then the strawberry fields outtake. nice touch.
emo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2020, 14:00   #1253
humanracer
Dreamer

From Marian

Dear friends,
hotel rooms are strange places. They are generally anonymous and blank. Well, that doesn't concern every hotel but let's put it as a basic rule. People come and go, leaving fragments of their stories, their lives, which, after departure, are subsequently exorcized by the cleaning lady. And when the next guest arrives, it is as if they were the first person ever that steps inside.

Hotel rooms, though they are furnishd with a bed and a bathroom, are like numbered uninhabited islands. Sometimes I feel like a stranded person in there. Stranded in life. I wonder how many numbers I have inhabited so far. And how many times did I open them again and again with keys, magnetic cards, magic spells, a resolute kick against the door. Since more than 30 years I spent a huge amount of my lifetime in hotels. And sometimes when I enter my next room for the night, it feels as if my whole life consists out of an infinite chain of these room numbers. And every cell of my body is a little room with a number and inside a little bathroom and a little bed and a little light and a little me sitting on the bed and so on.

Is my body some kind of hotel room? A place we or someone else rented for some time, and then we leave again for good? And the name of the cleaning lady is ...what? I know, comparisons tend to fall short, so does this one. What's always left are the answers to the big questions. We are born out of the question and into the answer we go. What we are looking for is happiness. And the price for that we pay in hotel rooms, those rooms that are just for us but amazingly for everybody else at once. As if we all were just different versions of the same person.

When you have grown old like I do, everything is long ago, walls, rooms, numbers. The amount of what is, is much less compared to what was. When you're old like me, you're drifting like a cork on the waves of the past. Maybe you become stranded jetsam at the beach of time. Maybe someone picks you up and suberises another bottle. There are quite a lot of bottles at the beach and most of them are corckless. Someone could put a message inside the bottle. For whom? Who knows. Maybe for himself.

I wish you a wonderful Sunday.
May you all stay healthy and well and enjoy our newest ditty by tomorrow.
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2020, 23:39   #1254
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Wow... does that mean that we will get QUESTIONS OF HAPPINESS at last tomorrow?? Excited!
Also, just a real beautiful text on by itself!

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2020, 07:42   #1255
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetside Romeo View Post
Wow... does that mean that we will get QUESTIONS OF HAPPINESS at last tomorrow?? Excited!
Also, just a real beautiful text on by itself!

I sensed there was something like a demand
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2020, 10:51   #1256
jetset
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
I sensed there was something like a demand

Itsy-bitsy demand
I've foreseen the song right away from the text yesterday

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2020, 07:41   #1257
jetset
Dreamer

Dear Friends,
here’s the latest news from Alphaville: This weekend THUNDERBABY came to an unexpected halt because the studio’s preamp called it a day. We are hoping to get it repaired until next mid-week.
And the songs? Well, there are two kinds of songs. The ones we’ve written in the past but are still waiting for their final touches and the brand new ones, the „production babes“ as it were. Which explains part of the album’s working title. We will soon present a demo version of a song from the first category in our „Corona songs“-series. And what about the „babes“ of the second category? Listening through them recently they derive from a darker and rather melancholic departement. We need happy songs too! Any ideas for more refreshingly subjects besides falling in love with someone?
Overall we are on a roll concerning THUNDERBABY and I hope by giving you continuous updates it tricks us into more discipline regarding dead-lines and agreements of the production. So, from today’s point of view it may well be that we’re completing the album by the end of the year. The unfortunate principal reason for this un-Alphavillish fast progress is the Corona crisis which gives us a lot of additional time due to this years’ many cancelled shows. Nevertheless we hope we can start touring again in the near future.This is by far the longest break in Alphaville’s touring history since 1995 and we really begin to miss you.
And what about next week’s ditty? It is a song you all know pretty well but it comes as a never released remix version. And we have a new fellow on board of our „Corona-Songs“ project: Rick Kay, since decades responsible for Alphaville’s stage lighting, who provided monday’s upcoming video with the background imagery. We hope you will enjoy the song and thanks for travelling together with us.
Marian, David, Jakob, Carsten, Alex, Tobi, Rick & Claudia

Old 26 Apr 2020, 10:15   #1258
jetset
Dreamer

This time we have very little clue to guess Monday's song. Surprise!

By the way, here is more information about Rick Kay, who works for the band for 15 years now :
https://www.rickkay.net/
https://www.rickkay.net/alphaville

Old 26 Apr 2020, 13:40   #1259
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Well, I have entered the details for tomorrow’s song to google and found a result leading me back to this forum. So, basically it could re-fuel a tiny legend, if phrased pathetically.
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2020, 14:28   #1260
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

I am almost 100% sure I know what it is. I won't say though, as I don't want to ruin the surprise if by some off-chance I'm right.
Last edited by MarianGoldfan123; 26 Apr 2020 at 14:36.
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote