Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 25 Nov 2014, 19:36   #1
humanracer
Dreamer

The "unreleased" songs from the 80s

Hi
Does anyone have any stories regarding the unreleased songs from the 80s that were released (some in remixed form) on Dreamscapes? For instance, what was "Albert & The Heart of Gold"? a side project? Who was Voov? Who was A. Schwarz-Rusczcynski?

Note, the below dates are the year the track was recorded not when it was written.

ROMANCE
IMPERIAL YOUTH

TRAUMTÄNZER
BLAUER ENGEL
LEBEN OHNE ENDE
COLOURS
INTO THE DARK
AIRPORT SKETCH
IRON GATE

WAVES

TO THE UNDERWORLD
WHALES
BURNING WHEELS

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

THUNDER & LIGHTNING
BECAUSE OF YOU
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2014, 20:34   #2
jetset
Dreamer

Good questions Humanracer !
I think "Albert & The Heart of Gold" was a live project only, and preceeds the AV era, with both original creations and covers.
There are many pending questions on all periods, but luckily we now have Seven's fabulous website which gradually gives clues.

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2014, 21:29   #3
James Gower
Dreamer

This link should take you to a site that is pretty comprehensive and in the A-Z is some info on Albert ATHOG and almost anything you could think to ask I'd imagine.

http://www.michaelowencarroll.com/av/index.htm
James Gower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2014, 05:32   #4
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
Good questions Humanracer !
I think "Albert & The Heart of Gold" was a live project only, and preceeds the AV era, with both original creations and covers.
There are many pending questions on all periods, but luckily we now have Seven's fabulous website which gradually gives clues.

no, A&THOG happened in the mid/late eighties, it didn't preceed AV. There has never been a record published by them. btw, Rainer Bloss and Gabi Becker were members as well.
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2014, 10:28   #5
Andrea Ruby
Little Darling

Hey, this may sound strange, but I heard Into The Dark already in the mid 80s. My brother had it and played it a lot during a period of time. How is this possible?

Andrea Ruby
Andrea Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2014, 11:22   #6
jetset
Dreamer

Thanks for the precisions Seven - maybe I mixed with this "live in Tempodrome".

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2014, 13:26   #7
Clare
Alphanut

A Schwarz-Ruzcynski is Andreas, played with a few other bands associated with Alphaville, mostly The Other Ones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oth...an-German_band) and I believe (from memory) that he also played with Chinchilla Green on stage. I think he was known then as "Blacky". (Probably from Schwarz = Black)

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2014, 13:28   #8
Halfnelson
Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Ruby View Post
Hey, this may sound strange, but I heard Into The Dark already in the mid 80s. My brother had it and played it a lot during a period of time. How is this possible?
You came from another dimension wich was speaked about in Dreamscape 1ne introduction text by J.F. Nelson. This can explain why it's difficult for you to manipulate objects from this dimension...

About A&THOG I think I can remember a transcript of an old interview with Marian saying about SLC that A&THOG versions of the songs exists. It is my understanding that, basically, Dreamscape 5ive is So Long Celeste - A&THOG original version.

VOOV stands for Violation Of Ordinary Values and is one (or associated with) of the Boom Operators, writers of Peace On Earth.

A. Schwarz-Rusczcynski is a long time collaborator (mainly guitars) & friend of AV.

Please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2014, 13:47   #9
humanracer
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Ruby View Post
hmm it could be a "false memory". Sometimes when you hear a song for the first time you have a feeling you have heard it before because it sound so familiar.

Or it could be that your brother really did have the original demo of into the dark. You should ask him!
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2014, 15:17   #10
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Could it be that you mix up INTO THE DARK with DUEL from the WAHNFRIED/Trancelation Album?
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote