Party nut

That deserves a beer Still listening every day to it [smile2]

~~ Ријaнa [love2] Алфaвил ~

~You gotta fight, for your right to party~
Richani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2011, 19:33   #1642
Kaz
Her...

So, last week I lent my CROG to my colleague who hasn't heard anything from Alphaville since she was younger in Germany and who has lived in Spain for the past 11 years. She really loved AV when she was younger too. So, she gave it back to me yesterday and her verdict? Different and reminds her of the 80s. She seemed to like it

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2011, 19:36   #1643
TheBlue
Elevator

It's been more than a year now, and I still like the album very much. I've been listening to it quite a lot and it has grown to be real part in group of alphaville albums.

One really can't argue with mathematical theorem
-Stephen Hawking
TheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2011, 23:38   #1644
Richani
Party nut

Same for me! In my opinion one of the better albums since I'm still playing this so much..

~~ Ријaнa [love2] Алфaвил ~

~You gotta fight, for your right to party~
Richani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2012, 09:50   #1645
jetset
Dreamer

Has this interview already been posted ?
Original german text : http://www.terrorverlag.de/interviews.php?id=784

English version (Google) :

ALPHAVILLE SIGN UP WITH A NEW ALBUM BACK - THE FIRST SEVEN YEARS SINCE. THE COMEBACK HAVE YOU EVER A SINGLE PRE-SENT, "I DIED FOR YOU TODAY" - a thoroughbred POPSONG With anthemic synths and MARIAN GOLDS FAMILIAR VOICE OF EVERY SECOND TYPICAL FOR ALPHAVILLE SOUNDS AND ALSO IN THE changed MUSICAL LANDSCAPE OF noughties WHAT IT TAKES TO HIT HAS. THE COMEBACK HAVE YOU EVER A SINGLE PRE-SENT, "I DIED FOR YOU TODAY" - a thoroughbred POPSONG With anthemic synths and MARIAN GOLDS FAMILIAR VOICE OF EVERY SECOND TYPICAL FOR ALPHAVILLE SOUNDS AND ALSO IN THE changed MUSICAL LANDSCAPE OF noughties WHAT IT TAKES TO HIT HAS . "CATCHING RAYS ON GIANT" IS THE TITLE OF THE LONG PLAYERS OF FROM 19 "CATCHING RAYS ON GIANT" IS THE TITLE OF THE LONG PLAYERS OF FROM 19 NOVEMBER IN THE STORES ARE INTENDED TO MARIAN GOLD AND TOOK THE TIME TO KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT THE PANEL TO REVEAL PRELIMINARY.
WHAT ARE THE FANS BECAUSE OF YOUR NEW ALBUM EXPECT? WHAT ARE THE FANS BECAUSE OF YOUR NEW ALBUM EXPECT?

I think it's the most cohesive album we have ever made. I think it's the most cohesive album we have ever made. So we had a lot of time. We had also a lot of time. Since the last album we've toured quite a lot, but all the while constantly writing new material. Since the last album we've toured quite a lot, but all the while constantly writing new material. Therefore, we had a huge repertoire of songs and were able to choose what fits conceptually on the album and what we wanted to retain for future projects. Therefore, we had a huge repertoire of songs and were able to choose what fits conceptually on the album and what we wanted to retain for future projects. The current single is the sound of her already representative for the rest of the album. The current single is the sound of her already representative for the rest of the album. Of course, "Catching Rays On Giant" structured yet varied, one finds not only songs like "I Died For You Today", but then fail more titles Which ballads, songs that are very heruntergestrippt or that we have pretty much blown orchestral. Of course, "Catching Rays On Giant" structured yet varied, one finds not only songs like "I Died For You Today", but also titles which fail more ballads, songs that are very heruntergestrippt or that we have pretty much blown orchestral. But the sound is unmistakable, as such, Alphaville. But the sound is unmistakable, as such, Alphaville.

ORIGINALLY WHERE HAVE YOU ALREADY, 2007, WITH THE WORK ON THE ALBUM TO START. ORIGINALLY WHERE HAVE YOU ALREADY 2007, WITH THE WORK ON THE ALBUM TO START. HOW FAR IN RECENT YEARS HAS THE DRIVE OR CHANGED?

We negotiated very hard time with another record company, but eventually we got the feeling that we were already pre-set too much on a Certain Type of production, and then we withdrew from the negotiations. We negotiated very hard time with another record company, but eventually we got the feeling that we were already pre-set too much on a certain type of production, and then we withdrew from the negotiations. Instead, we went through the material again, and when we were sure how we wanted the record, we received a request from Universal. Instead, we went through the material again, and when we were sure how we wanted the record, we received a request from Universal. That was really great timing. That was really great timing. Probably it was because that has been made in recent years, some successful cover version of Alphaville songs by other artists [2008 took Bushido and the Czech pop legend Karel Gott together a German version of "Forever Young", Which was called "Forever Young" and processed in 2009, U.S. rapper Jay-Z for the same title his song "Forever Young".] Then there was renewed interest in so probably the original Act. Probably it was because that has been made in recent years, some successful cover version of Alphaville songs by other artists [2008 took Bushido and the Czech pop legend Karel Gott together a German version of "Forever Young", which was called "Forever Young" and in 2009 processed U.S. rapper Jay-Z the same title for his song "Forever Young".] Then there was probably also renewed interest in the original Act. And so we came together pretty quickly. And so we came together pretty quickly. We had the feeling of being with Universal on a common wavelength, passing through the album together well to. We had the feeling of being with Universal on a common wavelength, passing through the album together well to.

HAVE YOU AGAIN IN SELF DIRECTED Considered THE ALBUM TO THE INTERNET TO SELL? HAVE YOU AGAIN considered THE ALBUM IN SELF DIRECTED TO THE INTERNET TO SELL?

We have done so once already Sun We have done so once already so. Until the late nineties we, had quietly been under contract with Warner, and then we went to the SPV, but eventually came to a point where we felt we need to get out there. Until the late nineties, we had still been under contract with Warner, and then we went to the SPV, but eventually came to a point where we felt we need to get out there. The timing was propitious for Internet publications, and we were very focused on the use of the Web as we think of this - Namely, more creative way than just providing only pieces. The timing was propitious for Internet publications, and we were very focused on the use of the Web as we think of this - namely, more creative way than just providing only pieces. We then have a complete album production on the net, and the fans could follow the production of the embryonic beginnings of completion and download songs for free. We then have a complete album production on the net, and the fans could follow the production of the embryonic beginnings of completion and download songs for free. This culminated in the release of the album "Crazy Show". This culminated in the release of the album "Crazy Show". For me it was a novel opportunity to work as an artist and like to get feedback. For me it was a novel opportunity to work as an artist and like to get feedback. To that extent we have it all behind us. To that extent we have it all behind us. For us it was now important, especially for this album project to win back a major label.

THE NEW ALBUM YOU HAVE SOME IN THE STUDIO GUITARIST DAVE EURES Goodes RECORDED IN ENGLAND ... THE NEW ALBUM YOU HAVE SOME IN THE STUDIO GUITARIST DAVE EURES Goodes RECORDED IN ENGLAND ...

The other two band members, Martin Lister and Dave Goode live in England. The other two band members, Martin Lister and Dave Goode live in England. We have two beautiful studios, one in London and one in Berlin here. We have two beautiful studios, one in London and one in Berlin here. When we're not on tour together and have written there were pieces that we are between London and Berlin, and flown out. When we're not on tour together and have written there were pieces that we are between London and Berlin, and flown out. I am a big proponent of teamwork - even it broadens my own artistic horizons tremendously when I have people here, things can, I can not. I am a big proponent of teamwork - it broadens my own artistic horizons tremendously when I have people here, things can, I can not even. In the creative field so you get into as many borderline situations. In the creative field so you get into as many borderline situations. If I have people around me, in Whose abilities and talents, I think, so where is at interpersonal level, because then I'm a big fan of teamwork. If I have people around me, in whose abilities and talents, I think, where is also an interpersonal level, because then I'm a big fan of teamwork.

DO YOU HAVE FOR AN EXAMPLE? DO YOU HAVE FOR AN EXAMPLE?

Since I had a little go further back, if I may. Since I had a little go further back, if I may. The second piece that I wrote in my life that was "Big In Japan". The second piece that I wrote in my life that was "Big In Japan". When we recorded our first album, the title was five years old. When we recorded our first album, the title was five years old. I actually had no plans to take him on the album, but Frank and Bernd [Frank Mertens and Bernhard Lloyd, Marian Gold, the founding members of Alphaville] Repeatedly have said, this is such a cool number, which on it must match. I actually had no plans to take him on the album, but Frank and Bernd [Frank Mertens and Bernhard Lloyd, Marian Gold, the founding members of Alphaville] have repeatedly said, this is such a cool number, which on it must match. I thought then, that old chestnut but we do not now, we have so many new songs written. I thought then, that old chestnut but we do not now, we have so many new songs written. But then I got some pretty broad beat at some point, and it was the right decision deterministic mined! But then I got some pretty broad beat at some point, and it was determined the right decision! [Laughs] [laughs]

COULD BE YES - after all, IS IT YOUR FIRST SINGLE AND AN EQUAL NUMBER 1 HIT IN SEVERAL COUNTRIES. COULD BE YES - after all, IS IT YOUR FIRST SINGLE AND AN EQUAL NUMBER 1 HIT IN SEVERAL COUNTRIES. TODAY IS ALPHAVILLE FROM YOU, AND GUITARIST DAVE LISTER MARTIN KEYBOARDER Goodes, BUT ALSO BEEN WITH YOU SINCE 1995 WORKING TOGETHER. TODAY IS ALPHAVILLE FROM YOU, AND GUITARIST DAVE LISTER MARTIN KEYBOARDER Goodes, BUT ALSO BEEN WITH YOU SINCE 1995 WORKING TOGETHER. ABOUT THIS A LONG TIME HAS CERTAINLY ALSO ON THE RELATIONSHIP ESTABLISHED WHEN THE MAN DOES NOT MORE SO MUCH SHOULD DISCUSS?

[Laughs] It would be nice if this were so, but we argue quite frequently and discuss a lot about things. [Laughs] It would be nice if this were so, but we argue quite frequently and discuss a lot about things. But that one has to admit that too. But that one has to admit that too. You have to endure the criticism of others. You have to endure the criticism of others. The most important thing is that when someone comes in with an idea to production, they should by all means try it. The most important thing is that when someone comes in with an idea to production, they should by all means try it. Even if you have the feeling that one knows what will come of it. Even if you have the feeling that one knows what will come of it. You can even do anything. You can even do anything. The version that you can find great, it has been gene rally yes, and yes you do not loose by the song again completely on its head. The version that you can find great, it has generally been yes, and yes you do not lose by the song again completely on its head.

SO MUCH FOR YOUR TEAM WORK CONTINUES - STILL MAKES IT THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU ARE STILL THE BAND The figurehead, AS WELL AS IN THE VIDEO FOR "I DIED FOR YOU TODAY". SO MUCH FOR YOUR TEAM WORK CONTINUES - STILL MAKES IT THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU STILL ARE THE BAND The figurehead, AS WELL AS IN THE VIDEO FOR "I DIED FOR YOU TODAY".

That was the case in this video, but Which is, I think, not forever. That was the case in this video, but which is, I think, not forever. It has come about with the story. It has come about with the story. For me it was quite overwhelming to make this clip, because I was the first time with someone in front of the camera, I know - most of Jana Bell, Book and Candle, which i like very much, and I also a great artist and keep a great singer. For me it was quite overwhelming to make this clip, because I was the first time with someone in front of the camera, I know - most of Jana Bell, Book and Candle, which I like very much, and I also a great artist and a great singer keep. If you have the opportunity to work with someone with whom you are friends to pull off such a thing, then this is a totally great experience. If you have the opportunity to work with someone with whom you are friends to pull off such a thing, then this is a totally great experience. I'm turning this done for the first time in this form, the rotation I've been at this for the first time in this form.

THE SONG AND THE VIDEO SO CLOSE THAT MAY ARISE address the IN A RELATIONSHIP, AND THE DEPENDENCE, IN WHICH YOU ARE IN IT MAY LAUNCHES. THE SONG AND THE VIDEO ALSO address the CLOSE THAT MAY ARISE IN A RELATIONSHIP, AND THE DEPENDENCE, IN WHICH YOU ARE IN IT MAY LAUNCHES. THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT haunts YOU ALSO OWN?

Yes, that's basically almost trivial - an experience that we probably all do at some point in our lives. Yes, that's basically almost trivial - an experience that we probably all do at some point in our lives. Pop music aspect has of course always a very strong trivial. Pop music has of course always a very strong trivial aspect. But one can also take apart, disassemble into individual fragments and then re-assemble, as in this video - by an inherently banal, common experience decomposed into individual images and then get a completely new story. But one can also take apart, disassemble into individual fragments and then re-assemble, as in this video - by an inherently banal, common experience decomposed into individual images and then get a completely new story. It creates a new subtext, text a new meta-level, if you will, on this subject is very different than this very simple. It creates a new subtext, a new meta-level, if you will, on this subject is very different than this very simple text.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, SO IN OTHER AREAS TO ARTISTIC WORK? IT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, ALSO IN OTHER AREAS TO ARTISTIC WORK? IN THE BEGINNING YEARS FOR FREE FOR NOT HEARD ALPHAVILLE ARTIST COLLECTIVE NELSON COMMUNITY, WHICH ALSO LIKE OTHER SIDE OF MUSIC ARTS AND PHOTOGRAPHY FILM WAS PRESCRIBED. IN THE BEGINNING YEARS FOR FREE FOR NOT HEARD ALPHAVILLE ARTIST COLLECTIVE NELSON COMMUNITY, WHICH SIDE OF MUSIC ALSO LIKE OTHER ARTS PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILM WAS PRESCRIBED. FOR MANY YEARS, FOR EXAMPLE, THE SPEECH OF THE THEATRE IN "ALICE IN WONDERLAND" WHERE YOU HAVE CONTRIBUTED ...

"Alice in Wonderland" is actually a musical that I've been planning for over a decade and was in the early 2000s, ie shortly before the implementation. "Alice in Wonderland" is actually a musical that I've been planning for over a decade and was in the early 2000s, also shortly before the implementation. It had already been recorded for the 2003 season the theater plans in Würzburg, but then there was the budget cut and two projects had to be canceled - and unfortunately, one of Which was ours. It had already been recorded for the 2003 season the theater plans in Würzburg, but then there was the budget cut and two projects had to be canceled - and unfortunately, one of which was ours. For me this was a serious blow. For me this was a serious blow. But I've given up the hope quietly Thurs not know that we are the feet thing at some point on its. But I've given up the hope still do not know that we are the thing at some point on its feet. There has also recently renewed interest in the project, I stand right now with the director of two theaters in contact, it may want to brace together, because it is too expensive for a stage. There has also recently renewed interest in the project, I stand right now with the director of two theaters in contact, it may want to brace together, because it is too expensive for a stage.
With "Alice" I have tried the same thing that I Described earlier already - I just wanted to tell the story as possible, as it is in the original, but they change by turning tiny screws Sun That You end up somewhere else entirely. With "Alice" I have tried the same thing that I described earlier already - I just wanted to tell the story as possible, as it is in the original, but they change by turning tiny screws so that you end up somewhere else entirely. This "land elsewhere" is one of the very strong motives of the original story, where you always Sun country somewhere else, what you would have never thought of before. This "land elsewhere" is one of the very strong motives of the original story, where you land so always somewhere else, what you would have never thought of before. So I had the story does not deform so special. So I had the story does not deform so special. The substance has so fascinated me as a little child. The substance has also fascinated me as a little child.

DO YOU HAVE THE LATEST film adaptation of TIM BURTON LAKES? DO YOU HAVE THE LATEST film adaptation of TIM BURTON SEEN?

Yeah right. Yeah, right. At first he seemed like a totally great noise images, but when I went out from the movie, but I was a bit disappointed. At first he seemed like a totally great noise images, but when I went out from the movie, but I was a bit disappointed. There were other projects of this director, "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "The Corpse Bride," Which have impressed me more, and I expected the implementation of the story more of this quality. There were other projects of this director, "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "The Corpse Bride", which have impressed me more, and I expected the implementation of the story more of this quality. It is also very difficult to break out of the set of Lewis Carroll schematics. It is also very difficult to break out of the set of Lewis Carroll schematics.

I WOULD LIKE TO COME BACK THE LAST YEAR AND THE JUBILEE CONCERT THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN IN DECEMBER IN PRAGUE. I WOULD LIKE TO COME BACK THE LAST YEAR AND THE JUBILEE CONCERT THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN IN DECEMBER IN PRAGUE. THERE WAS A strange feeling SOMETHING LIKE pop band A 25 YEARS OLD TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU CAN Traditional KEEP IN MIND THAT ACTUALLY POP AS SOMETHING IS VERY TIME INTELLECTUAL? THERE WAS A strange feeling pop band SOMETHING LIKE A 25 YEARS OLD Traditional TO CELEBRATE WHEN YOU CAN KEEP IN MIND THAT ACTUALLY POP AS SOMETHING IS VERY TIME INTELLECTUAL?

This is one of those contradictions, lives of the Alphaville. This is one of those contradictions, lives of the Alphaville. We maintain that a very naive approach. We maintain that a very naive approach. For us it was just a great opportunity now to make a really horny time concert! For us it was just a great opportunity now to make a really horny time concert! We thought, now we can finally realize a few additional things and draw the thing on a completely different way - is frankly came to me until the evening when people congratulated me, have become aware of, oh, so true, Which is actually our anniversary concert. We thought, now we can finally realize a few extra things and draw the thing on a completely different way - is frankly came to me until the evening when people congratulated me, have become aware of, oh, so true , which is actually our anniversary concert.

YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE TO THE VERY FIRST APPEARANCE ALPHAVILLE-REMEMBER? YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE TO THE VERY FIRST APPEARANCE ALPHAVILLE-REMEMBER? THE 1982 WOULD HAVE BEEN? THE 1982 WOULD HAVE BEEN?

Shortly there after the end of the civil war in Lebanon is the German diplomatic corps was invited: The very first concert took place right Alphaville actually held in Beirut until 1993rd The very first concert took place right Alphaville actually held in Beirut until 1993: Shortly after the end of the civil war in Lebanon is the German diplomatic corps was invited there. I was just going to put together a touring band, because we had never before played regularly, but my first reaction was: Is not that extremely dangerous? I was just going to put together a touring band, because we had never before played regularly, but my first reaction was: Is not that extremely dangerous? Can you risk it all? Can you risk it all? The message, however, assured me that it is perfectly okay. The message, however, assured me that it is perfectly okay. So we went there and gave the concert, and it was one of the most moving moments in my entire touring life. So we went there and gave the concert, and it was one of the most moving moments in my entire touring life. We drove by this civil war-ravaged city, it looked like Berlin after the Second World War, but all were people still in the towers, the outer walls of missile strikes had been torn completely, it looked like this doll, in which one can look in the side. We drove by this civil war-ravaged city, it looked like Berlin after the Second World War, but all were still people in the towers, the outer walls of missile strikes had been torn completely, it looked like this doll, in which one can look in the side. People were hanging laundry on television or looked ... From the airport we had to first by the Muslim part of town, our concert was held in the Christian, rather than in the northern part. People were hanging laundry on television or looked ... From the airport we had to first by the Muslim part of town, our concert was held in the Christian, rather than in the northern part. Everywhere MP-sheaves were buried in the walls. Everywhere MP-sheaves were buried in the walls. We raced with Considerable pace in three or four jeeps full of soldiers through the town and passed a shop that had sold well even children's toys, and go there as a figurehead of a Mickey Mouse made of metal, Which was riddled entirely of beads. We raced with considerable pace in three or four jeeps full of soldiers through the town and passed a shop that had sold well even children's toys, and go there as a figurehead of a Mickey Mouse made of metal, which was riddled entirely of beads. It was a surreal, surreal sight. It was a surreal, surreal sight. There was also a great experience to meet the people there and to experience this optimism. There was also a great experience to meet the people there and to experience this optimism.

STILL HAS IT YET BUT ALSO HAVE SOME SHOWS MAY 1982, IN Westphalia, WHERE DO YOU COME FROM ORIGINALLY ... STILL HAS IT YET BUT ALSO HAVE SOME SHOWS MAY 1982, IN Westphalia, WHERE DO YOU COME FROM ORIGINALLY ...

Now that you mention it, it OCCURS to me ... we have given two concerts before we had the record deal, and in a night club # in which our former keyboard player Bernd DJ was. Now that you mention it, it occurs to me ... we have given two concerts before we had the record deal, and in a nightclub in which our former keyboard player Bernd DJ was. This was also the reason why we entered there at the ave was also the reason why we got into it there at all. This was removed in the Forum in Enger, a small village, about eight or nine miles from Herford. This was removed in the Forum in Enger, a small village, about eight or nine miles from Herford. Frank and Bernd came from Enger, I am a native of Herford. Frank and Bernd came from Enger, I am a native of Herford. Yes, there was our first concert. Yes, there was our first concert. That was very wrong. That was very wrong. We had actually just tape recordings of our music - could really play Sun none of us - and have a lot of technical tricks and played very creative this first concert. We had actually just tape recordings of our music - could really play so none of us - and have a lot of technical tricks and played very creative this first concert.

DO YOU HAVE YET TO CONTACT OR AFTER HERFORD MUNSTER, WHERE HAVE FOUNDED ALPHAVILLE? DO YOU HAVE YET TO CONTACT OR AFTER HERFORD MUNSTER, WHERE HAVE FOUNDED ALPHAVILLE?

Hardly. Hardly. But it is true, for the first album are all important pieces either originated in or Passenger in Munster. But it is true, for the first album are all important pieces either originated in or Passenger in Munster. When we were in Munster einrichteten our studio, we are always driven by Enger, because we are the home of Bill, who lived quietly with his parents, could make as much noise as we wanted. When we were in Munster einrichteten our studio, we are always driven by Enger, because we are the home of Bill, who still lived with his parents, could make as much noise as we wanted. There was also the first ever recording of "Forever Young". There was also the first ever recording of "Forever Young". The instruments we have recorded in Brad's bedroom and singing in the hallway because there was so little reverb. The instruments we have recorded in Brad's bedroom and singing in the hallway because there was so little reverb. I have many very positive memories of the time, both passenger and the three or four years we have spent in Munster. I have many very positive memories of the time, both Passenger and the three or four years we have spent in Munster. Today I have many contacts there anymore, many people of that time are now gone to Berlin or scattered to the four winds.

DO YOU HAVE YET TO CONTACT THE FORMER ALPHAVILLE-combatants? DO YOU HAVE YET TO CONTACT THE FORMER ALPHAVILLE-combatants?

Bernd, I have to contact the other not both. Bernd, I have to contact the other not both. Rick [Ricky Echolette keyboardist, and guitarist 1985-1997] lived very far away, who has bought a house in southern France and lived there very comfortably with his family, and Frank is simply disappeared from the scene. Rick [Ricky Echolette, keyboardist and guitarist 1985-1997] lived very far away, who has bought a house in southern France and lived there very comfortably with his family, and Frank is simply disappeared from the scene. He is a kind of Syd Barrett by Alphaville. He is a kind of Syd Barrett by Alphaville. For Bernd, I have very good contact who lives in Berlin, too, has his own studio and is more active in the production track.

WHAT'S NEXT TO YOU NOW? WHAT'S NEXT TO YOU NOW?

We're now playing a few concerts this year, I think the next in Moscow, but these gigs have to do with the new album not so much. We're now playing a few concerts this year, I think the next in Moscow, but these gigs have to do with the new album not so much. Instead, we play querbeet things from the albums that we have published before, because we are for the new songs have yet to find a live concept. Instead, we play querbeet things from the albums that we have published before, because we are for the new songs have yet to find a live concept. But in February / March / April there will be a tour for the album, where the focus is then extremely well on the new tracks.
[KiKi] (04/11/2010).

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2013, 10:46   #1646
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

I'm not listeing to the album anymore at all. It got old even faster than Salvation because it lacked brilliant deviations from the pop-norm such as Point of Know Return, Dangerous Places or Pandora's Lullaby. "Gravitation Breakdown" is quite a cool dance track and the version of "Miracle Healing" (one of my AV favorites) is very solid, but apart from that, CROG is something that is very unusual to AV (and not in a good way): mainstream retro pop without edge.

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2013, 09:28   #1647
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Taste is different,top songs like Call me,Phantoms and I die for you today is up
in the top of Alphaville songs ever.The rest of the album is good too.
I dont like Gravitation breakdown and End of the World.
To me this album is the 2nd best AV ever done after"Forever Young"
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2015, 16:44   #1648
manu
Banned

It seems that CROG sales are estimated around 80000 CD, that"s really good isn't it?

source:http://www.alphaville.homepage.eu/index.html
manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2015, 11:56   #1649
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
It seems that CROG sales are estimated around 80000 CD, that"s really good isn't it?

source:http://www.alphaville.homepage.eu/index.html
Youre right thats good,I wonder what the sales would have been if they didnt left out top songs like:

A Handful of darkness
Around the universe
Question of happieness
Gallery
Criminal girl and so on..
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2015, 15:23   #1650
nicole
Dreamer

well, since CROG is around 5 years old (still can't believe that) maybe because some of the songs on that album are being played on the radio, and more people are discovering and liking the songs they're buying the album? That's my only guess. Unfortunately though, i never heard AV being played on the radio in the U.S. It is sad though, so I never listen to the radio. I once heard Dance With Me in the grocery store.thats about it. Sorry, now I'm getting a little off topic!

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote