Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 15 Nov 2014, 18:13   #111
humanracer
Dreamer

Official statement from Soundcolours:

Important Message: Some buyers of the digital version outside Germany, Austria and Switzerland are reporting quality problems to us on some tracks. We would like to inform you that the digital version for the rest of the world is handled by Warner Music. Warner Music received a correct master of the complete digital album from soundcolours and alphaville. Why and which tracks have a problem will be investigated asap. In the meantime we would like to make clear the following: All soundcolours releases, which means ALL PHYSICAL PRODUCTS (CD) of „so8os presents ALPHAVILLE“ are correct and have no problems, also all digital products in GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND are correct. So whereever you can buy a CD version of this release it will be the right one, as soundcolours has the exclusive cd rights worldwide. Anybody who buys a cd worldwide (also as import etc) is safe with the quality. We are sorry for any possible mistakes that might have happened in the Warner camp and will keep you in the loop on this matter.
PIET, JASPA, ANDY
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2014, 03:05   #112
Foolship1077
Travelling Companion

I found an outlet on Amazon's Marketplace that has it for HALF the price of what the US Amazon site is offering.

You bet I went for it! Ordered it on Thursday, and should be expecting it soon!

I have one to thank for this, someone who found an e-file somewhere and showed me the image.

Hello, my friend...
Foolship1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2015, 08:57   #113
vafe
Dreamer

can anyone upload here a copy from the Keys interview with Alphaville, please? (German magazine, 01/2015, topic: „so8os presents ALPHAVILLE“ album)
vafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2017, 08:13   #114
humanracer
Dreamer

Found this old thread http://forum.alphaville.nu/thread/1758-12-red-rose

Is there two dub mixes of RR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfnelson View Post
Ok, as far as I know, the list of officials non album songs from 84-90 and where to find them on official CD (Various compilations CD are not included except when there's no AV release) :

Big In Japan - Single -----------> First Harvest
Big In Japan - Extended Re-Mix -----------> So80s
Big In Japan - Dub Mix -----------> So80s
Big In Japan - Single Version 88 -----------> Single Collection
Big In Japan - Remix '88 -----------> Single Collection / Alphaville 3'' 89 / So80s
Seeds -----------> So80s
Sounds Like A Melody - Single -----------> Hot And New (84) / Pop & Wave Vol. 3 - Lots More Hits Of The 80's (93) / The Best Of 1980 - 1990 Vol. 9 (94) / Nachtschicht Vol. 3 (00) / Pop & Wave CD1 - The Hits Of The 80's (02) / Absolute Synth Classics (02)
Sounds Like A Melody - Special Long Version -----------> Alphaville 3'' 89 / So80s
The Nelson Highrise - (extended) -----------> So80s
Forever Young - Special Dance Version -----------> Single Collection / Alphaville 3'' 89 / Forever Young 5'' US promo 88
Forever Young - Version Rapide -----------> Forever Young 5'' US promo 88
Welcome To The Sun -----------> So80s
Jet Set - Jellybean Mix -----------> So80s
Jet Set - Dub Mix -----------> So80s
Golden Feeling -----------> So80s
Dance With Me - Empire Remix -----------> Single Collection / So80s
The Nelson Highrise Sector 2 -----------> So80s
Universal Daddy - Aquarian Dance Mix -----------> So80s
Next Generation -----------> So80s
Sensations - Single -----------> First harvest
Sensations - Club-Mix -----------> So80s
Vingt Mille Lieues Sous Les Mers -----------> So80s
Jerusalem - Single -----------> First Harvest
Jerusalem - The Palace Version -----------> So80s
Red Rose - Single -----------> Single Collection
Red Rose - The Remix -----------> Single Collection / So80s
Red Rose - Dub Mix -----------> hits compilations: This Is Your Music (89) / Übermusik Beat Around The World (89)
Concrete Soundtraxx For Imaginary Films I -----------> So80s
Romeos - Single -----------> Romeos 5'' US promo 89
Romeos - Extended Mix -----------> Romeos 3''/ Romeos 5'' US promo 89 / So80s
Romeos - Tribal Mix -----------> So80s
Headlines -----------> Romeos 3'' / So80s
Summer Rain - Extended Version -----------> Summer Rain 3'' / So80s
Summer In Berlin - (Demo 83 Remix 89) -----------> Summer Rain 3'' / So80s
Sister Sun -----------> Summer Rain 3'' / So80s
Mysteries Of Love - Single -----------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' / Mysteries Of Love 5'' US promo 89 / First Harvest
Mysteries Of Love - Remix -----------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' / Mysteries Of Love 5'' US promo 89 / So80s
Mysteries Of Love - LP Mix With Sax -----------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' US promo 89
Like Thunder -----------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' / So80s

Still missing in CD format:

The Nelson Highrise
Jet Set - Single
Jerusalem - (album version longer fade out)
Sensations - Dub Mix
Red Rose - (instrumental)
Romeos - Teknopella
Romeos - Balcony Mix (The Retro Active version is 25'' shorter)
Romeos - Radio Edit

According to the old AV discography there was a Romeos 7'' with the single version without the heavy guitar intro, but I never heard anyone claiming to have it, or even discussing it! Any comments about this one would be very welcome.

I also have an Universal Daddy wich is obviously from the same tapes as the album/single version but 20'' longer, the fade out is instrumental instead of chorus. No idea where it came from. Again any information... ?
Old 04 Apr 2017, 13:20   #115
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

some of the (horrible) romeos us remixes are on dreamscapes. AFAIK there's another romeos mix close to the teknopella version which was only on the US promo 12" .
also, the versions of "the Nelson highrise sector 1" differ on the 7" and the 12".
SLAM 7" also differs from the album version, it was released on a "hot & New" cd sampler from 1984 by wea, though. BIJ 7" also differs from the album version, not sure it is on CD.
Not sure if the "German LP mix with Sax" from mysteries of love (which was only released in the US and is not on the german LP) has ever been transferred to CD:
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2017, 14:17   #116
Halfnelson
Waiter

@musicdb:
There is one dub-mix of Red Rose, from Red Rose 12'' Europe, Red Rose 5'' CDV promo & This Is Your Music CD.
The labelled 'dub mix' from Red Rose 12'' USA is in reality the 'instrumental' version, not available anywhere else.

@shapeseven:
I think all 4 USA-remixes versions of Romeos are listed in the quoted post: Tribal, Balcony, Teknopella, Radio Edit. Tribal being the only one reedited in CD format.
Those versions have generated two others: 12'' new edit from Dreamscape 2wo & a labelled 'Balcony' wich should have been called 'Balcony Edit' (fom Retro:active v3).
The most interresting thing about those remixes imho, is the label number of the 12''...

I always assumed BIJ single is the same as First Harvest version but can't listen to my vinyls anymore.

MOL - LP mix with Sax was published originally both in CD & vinyls format.

Nothing to change in the quoted post (including the two questions...), but one append should be made: a new 1989 version of romeos has resurfaced:
http://www.discogs.com/Alphaville-Ro...elease/9917276
Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2017, 15:00   #117
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

re the sped up version of romeos: could this possibly be the same as the german 7" radio promo which is without the guitar intro?
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2017, 16:12   #118
mdeconno
Dreamer

The "Hot & Neu" cassette was my pride and joy, coming out a couple months before Forever Young album. I loved that version of SLAM.

It's also the same exact version that played on German radio before the release of "Forever Young" album. I played it so much that I was disappointed by the album version when it came out.

Even the German Nightclubs would play the 7" SLAM at the beginning of the night and close with the Album version of "Forever Young" as the last dance (most requested by everyone who wanted a last-chance hookup).

But I felt SLAM was redeemed with the First Harvest version, but that's my opinion of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
some of the (horrible) romeos us remixes are on dreamscapes. AFAIK there's another romeos mix close to the teknopella version which was only on the US promo 12" .
also, the versions of "the Nelson highrise sector 1" differ on the 7" and the 12".
SLAM 7" also differs from the album version, it was released on a "hot & New" cd sampler from 1984 by wea, though. BIJ 7" also differs from the album version, not sure it is on CD.
Not sure if the "German LP mix with Sax" from mysteries of love (which was only released in the US and is not on the german LP) has ever been transferred to CD:
mdeconno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2017, 20:02   #119
Alphaxl
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfnelson View Post
Ok, as far as I know, the list of officials non album songs from 84-90 and where to find them on official CD (Various compilations CD are not included except when there's no AV release) :

Big In Japan - Single -----------> First Harvest
Big In Japan - Extended Re-Mix -----------> So80s
Big In Japan - Dub Mix -----------> So80s
Big In Japan - Single Version 88 -----------> Single Collection
Big In Japan - Remix '88 -----------> Single Collection / Alphaville 3'' 89 / So80s
Seeds -----------> So80s
Sounds Like A Melody - Single -----------> Hot And New (84) / Pop & Wave Vol. 3 - Lots More Hits Of The 80's (93) / The Best Of 1980 - 1990 Vol. 9 (94) / Nachtschicht Vol. 3 (00) / Pop & Wave CD1 - The Hits Of The 80's (02) / Absolute Synth Classics (02)
Sounds Like A Melody - Special Long Version -----------> Alphaville 3'' 89 / So80s
The Nelson Highrise - (extended) -----------> So80s
Forever Young - Special Dance Version -----------> Single Collection / Alphaville 3'' 89 / Forever Young 5'' US promo 88
Forever Young - Version Rapide -----------> Forever Young 5'' US promo 88
Welcome To The Sun -----------> So80s
Jet Set - Jellybean Mix -----------> So80s
Jet Set - Dub Mix -----------> So80s
Golden Feeling -----------> So80s
Dance With Me - Empire Remix -----------> Single Collection / So80s
The Nelson Highrise Sector 2 -----------> So80s
Universal Daddy - Aquarian Dance Mix -----------> So80s
Next Generation -----------> So80s
Sensations - Single -----------> First harvest
Sensations - Club-Mix -----------> So80s
Vingt Mille Lieues Sous Les Mers -----------> So80s
Jerusalem - Single -----------> First Harvest
Jerusalem - The Palace Version -----------> So80s
Red Rose - Single -----------> Single Collection
Red Rose - The Remix -----------> Single Collection / So80s
Red Rose - Dub Mix -----------> hits compilations: This Is Your Music (89) / Übermusik Beat Around The World (89)
Concrete Soundtraxx For Imaginary Films I -----------> So80s
Romeos - Single -----------> Romeos 5'' US promo 89
Romeos - Extended Mix -----------> Romeos 3''/ Romeos 5'' US promo 89 / So80s
Romeos - Tribal Mix -----------> So80s
Headlines -----------> Romeos 3'' / So80s
Summer Rain - Extended Version -----------> Summer Rain 3'' / So80s
Summer In Berlin - (Demo 83 Remix 89) -----------> Summer Rain 3'' / So80s
Sister Sun -----------> Summer Rain 3'' / So80s
Mysteries Of Love - Single -----------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' / Mysteries Of Love 5'' US promo 89 / First Harvest
Mysteries Of Love - Remix -----------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' / Mysteries Of Love 5'' US promo 89 / So80s
Mysteries Of Love - LP Mix With Sax -----------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' US promo 89
Like Thunder -----------> Mysteries Of Love 5'' / So80s

Still missing in CD format:

The Nelson Highrise
Jet Set - Single
Jerusalem - (album version longer fade out)
Sensations - Dub Mix
Red Rose - (instrumental)
Romeos - Teknopella
Romeos - Balcony Mix (The Retro Active version is 25'' shorter)
Romeos - Radio Edit

According to the old AV discography there was a Romeos 7'' with the single version without the heavy guitar intro, but I never heard anyone claiming to have it, or even discussing it! Any comments about this one would be very welcome.

I also have an Universal Daddy wich is obviously from the same tapes as the album/single version but 20'' longer, the fade out is instrumental instead of chorus. No idea where it came from. Again any information... ?
I found and I bought the Absolute Synth Classics (02) to have the single version of SLAM but the sound is just horrible, a massacre, the sound is totally different from the vinyl version
And it's almost just impossible to find the cd : Forever Young 5'' US promo 88 (Version Rapide)
And still looking to have a better version from Jet Set (the single) but I don't have anymore the vinyl and can't make a rip of it (the same for The Nelson Highrise - single version)

Te raconter enfin qu'il faut aimer la vie et l'aimer même si je suis fatigué du mensonge et de la vérité que je croyais si belle, que je voulais aimer et qui est si cruelle que je m'y suis brulé ... .
Alphaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2017, 22:31   #120
humanracer
Dreamer

Hi
Regarding the version of SLAM, do you mean the mix is wrong or just that the mastering is bad? I have a version from The Best of 1980-1990. This collection has the best mastering (no loudness wars) of any 80s compilation. The version of SLAM from there is very good.

I also have good vinyl rips of Jet Set and Forever Young Rapide. I think I might also have a rip from the Forever Young CD single somewhere.

Going back to Red Rose (Instrumental) I wonder if this was a genuine mix or a record company error? I cannot imagine why they wouldn't just put the dub mix on there.