Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 21 Oct 2020, 14:35   #1
marcibh
Dreamer

Corona series 14

Dear Friends,
the plan was to release a new Corona song last Monday but the horrific incident on Friday 16 in a suburb nearby Paris prevented that. The song we intended to put out is a happy, carefree lovestory with a nostalgic but still positive ending. We thought that in these times of autumn greyness and rainy days it would possibly shine a little ray of optimism and serenity into one's lives. But in the face of what just had happened, it didn´t feel like the right thing to do.
How hard it is sometimes not to shout in sheer rage for retaliation due to the brutalities, the inhumanities, the stupdity and delusions of this complicated world. Instead we mourn for the upright and decent teacher who did his best to instruct his pupils about freedom of speech and other cornerstones of civilization. It takes people like him to keep them up. All of us, who want to lead a free and peaceful life depend on people like him.
Next Monday we will release the song we cancelled three days ago. A silly, little, debonair ditty about love, the summer wind and the golden beaches, nothing to care too much about. A song that will easily fit into everybody's ordinary life. But never into the life of a murderer. Next Monday it will be the right song.
Peace
Marian Gold

(📸: Helen Sob

Hello again ! I think that will be a frank sinatra song :)
marcibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2020, 19:10   #2
jetset
Dreamer

Oh dear...looking great! I'll take the risk of a forecast, even though the song title does not necessarily show up in plain text. So let us assume the next ditty is Summer Wind.

First off, this track is much more than a ditty, it is a treasure only happy fews got to listen -a limited edition on vinyl only.
Secondly, being one of them I can tell you that, as always when it comes to covers, the band -special mention here to Bernd for the production-, delivered a magnificent version, and this is a true gift for us <3

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2020, 16:46   #3
Moonbo
Exclusive Fanclub Member

which vinyl did this appear on?
Moonbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2020, 18:44   #4
jetset
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbo View Post
which vinyl did this appear on?
I can't find the initial ShapeSeven's tip-off, but look up with these key words:
Budde Music 70th anniversary

Old 26 Oct 2020, 09:26   #5
Alphaxl
Dreamer

Te raconter enfin qu'il faut aimer la vie et l'aimer même si je suis fatigué du mensonge et de la vérité que je croyais si belle, que je voulais aimer et qui est si cruelle que je m'y suis brulé ... .
Alphaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2020, 20:49   #6
jetset
Dreamer

We're spoiled, really, and such a nice video Tobias! Thank you xxxxxx

By the way I was wondering what is RTT ?

Old 28 Oct 2020, 12:04   #7
cercle
Dreamer

I quite like this contribution to the Corona-series. Nice song with a jazzy feel that reminds me a bit of the feeling that Summer Rain always gives me.
cercle is offline   Reply With Quote