Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 18 Apr 2011, 14:09   #1
remiel
Dreamer

Mighty List

Hello,

The release of CROG is a good excuse to look back in my archives. I'm working on a complete list of all tracks & versions. I have some questions :

_ Does someone can confirm the existence of Ivory Tower (Atomic Brothers version) ? http://www.alphaville.org/showthread...+Album&page=56
_ Does Sounds Like A Melody were really played at NOTP ?
_ Beside Waiting for The New Light there was a second track from Dreamscapes 9ine wich came in 2 versions at Moonbase. Does someone know wich track it is ? Is it The Parrallel Girlz wich was later offered back with a different intro?
_ Does someone know the origin of Universal Daddy - alternate version (4'17, not the two demos)
_ Same question for Big In Japan - alternative (4'21, seems to be the album version with a shorter intro)
_ Is there real new work beetween Big In Japan Single and Single 88 ?
_ Does someone pointed out the differences beetween the versions from Crazyshow disc4 and the original Moonbase ones ?

Did you know there was a 2002 version of Dancing On The Roof Of Your Mind (lenght 11'06) exclusive track for the 250th ElektroBeats broadcast (Radio Eins Jubilee) ?

Thanks for reading :-)

R
Last edited by remiel; 02 May 2011 at 14:53.
remiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2011, 14:11   #2
Kaz
Her...

As far as I remember, SLAM was not played at NOTP. Only BIJ and FY were.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2011, 14:20   #3
remiel
Dreamer

Thanks Kaz, this one i will not longer search for! :-)
Old 18 Apr 2011, 20:23   #4
Slava
Dreamer

remiel, if you are talking about Jerusalem (the palace version) and Romeos (extended mix) I could help you. The same with Criminal Girl.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2011, 20:52   #5
Slava
Dreamer

And as for DS12 (Website story) vs DS9, the true parts of this were: Upside Down, First Monday, Moongirl, New Light, Those Wonderful Things, See Me Through, Miracle Healing, On the Beach. Other DS9 songs were released in the different versions.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2011, 23:46   #6
remiel
Dreamer

Hi Slava,

Thanks for answering. My english isn't very good, the songs you have listed in your 2nd posts are the ones without changes (DS12 vs DS9ine (not DS9) (thanks AV for the confusion ! ;-) ) from the internet versions and all the others have minor changes ?

About your 1st post, many thanks but no, the Jerusalem I'm looking for is on the b-side of the 12''. This version has no specific name but isn't the album version. The 2 Romeos I'm looking for are the single version (3'59) and the single promo version (never heard this one, I think this is the same without the heavy guitar intro).
Old 27 Apr 2011, 19:22   #7
remiel
Dreamer

A post only for the completists. ;)

The MG Mighty List is attached. 214 songs & 521 versions.

To be on the list a song have to :
_ be on an AV release & have MG as writer or performer (ex : Joyride isn't included)
_ be on an non-AV release & have MG as performer (ex : Chinchilla Green - You Don't now What Love Is)
_ be on an non-AV release but be an official AV track (ex : Astral Body (Sputnik Roadhouse Mix))
_ be non-officially released & have MG as performer & be a studio recording (ex Klaus Schulze : Dancing On The Roof Of Your Mind (250th ElektroBeats) is included, the live bootlegs are not)
_ The Moonbase offered tracks are considered as officials releases

A few exceptions ; are also included :
_ remixes asked by AV for officials releases which didn't make it (Sounds Like A Melody'99, Inside Out remixes)
_ Sebastian Komor & Atomix Brothers remixes (because they are of the 'family')
_ A few others remix included because featured on releases wich contains tracks already on this list (ex: Guardian Angel - Triggertrax remix)
_ All Drive Inn III tracks (it's unclear which tracks MG co-write or not)
_ Big In Japan (Fenslau) (because is included in FFF Time Warp)
_ Wishful Thinking (Physical Motion Maxi Mix) (origin unknown, is it a 'real' Physical Motion mix or other-made ?)

When a song have different names only one is chosen for easy sorts. The Main Releases for each versions are included in the csv.

This list is meant to be complete but, of course, i don't really expect it is at first, so if you have corrections/additions to suggest, I'd be thankfull to read them.

This collection represents 40 CD (lenght from 43' to 74') (42 with Bernd & Frank other works)

I'm Looking for :
_ Jerusalem (Unnamed 12'' b-side version)
_ Fools (Instrumental)
_ Romeos (7'' promo radio version)
_ Lassie Singers - Tantra Tantra
_ Chinchilla Green - You Don't Know what Love Is (Psychedelic Dance Version)
_ Chinchilla Green - You Don't Know what Love Is (Green Version)
_ Forever Young (Bootleg'84)
_ Wolf Maahn - Tschernobyl (7'' version)
_ Wolf Maahn - Tschernobyl (b-side 7'' version)

Exchange possible with any other long time deleted tracks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MG_Mighty.List_1.0.zip‎ (6.6 KB, 157 views)
Last edited by remiel; 13 May 2011 at 22:18.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 21:05   #8
russharvey
Dream Keeper

I have the Drive Inn 3 cd album and its clear Marian's name is on four tracks.... I am currently in China and my cd is in USA so I can't verify that at the moment.... perhaps someone else has the cd in their hands and can verify this? Only one I remember at the moment was Mysterion.

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2011, 21:06   #9
russharvey
Dream Keeper

Oh yes, I also have a live cd by Ulla Meinecke with Marian singing some backup vocals.... he is pictured on the album and given credits for a couple of songs..... again, I don't have the cd in my hands.........

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2011, 21:30   #10
remiel
Dreamer

Thanks Russ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russharvey View Post
I have the Drive Inn 3 cd album and its clear Marian's name is on four tracks.... I am currently in China and my cd is in USA so I can't verify that at the moment.... perhaps someone else has the cd in their hands and can verify this? Only one I remember at the moment was Mysterion.
I have the Drive Inn III CD too. Marian isn't credited on 'Ford Galaxy' but is credited on 'Stranger Than Dream' on Dreamscape 11 and this is exactly the same track-version. So I consider the whole credit thing on Drive Inn as suspicious :-) Another reason is that the whole album is very homogeneous. (The 4 other tracks are Dawn Patrol, Love 15, Mysterion, Metamorphosis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russharvey View Post
Oh yes, I also have a live cd by Ulla Meinecke with Marian singing some backup vocals.... he is pictured on the album and given credits for a couple of songs..... again, I don't have the cd in my hands.........
There are 4 tracks from this CD on the list : Alles Schäumt, Feuer Unterm Eis, König Von Hollywood, Langsame Lied