Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 12 Jan 2003, 00:50   #1
Avil
The dream

Nothingīs serious

Seriosly, I donīt think we have some good discussion here anymore (except the crazyshow discussion...).
Itīs not neccessarily about Alphaville, just look at the general area!
I donīt find it interesting to know what people are EATING right now. I donīt care what people WEAR right now. And what people LISTENS to...so what? Excuse me for sounding so negative, but I got more:
One thing is to create "whatīs your favourite song/single/video/whatever" but now we got these LISTS. Lists of favourite songs from the albums/singles from AV/MG/AP whatever.
Sure itīs fun to know what people like, but how unneccssary isnīt it if you just write some songs...and nothing more! I donīt care what song you put in your lists, I care about the song itself and WHY WHY you like it!
"ooh you like big in japan...fun....and..????? For gods sake tell me whyyyyy!"

I havenīt posted so much on the forum lately, due to school, but not only because of that. Itīs because people have started to write things that isnīt interesting.
I remember a time when I wrote something in a post, say something like "Yeah I think so too".
Then I was just annoying, I posted too much crap. Now, we see it it every topic around!
People seems to just post for the reason...post!
They write but donīt have anything to say but says it anyway. Once, it was the mass that got angry on this. Now, itīs me getting upset on the masses!

Iīm not saying I think you are all boring, Iīm not going to leave this place and I donīt dislike you. Itīs just that I donīt think itīs fun here at the moment. The new LIST topics seems to be sooooooooo fun and interesting, but it doesnīt give anything! It doesnīt start any discussion. Itīs just...a list of songs some people like...but we donīt know why, because all they put there is...the song.

Iīve contributed on this forum for a long time now, Iīm soon up in 6000 posts. And this isnt for nothing. Itīs because I like you guys. Itīs because I love a band to death and wanna be around them in all ways possible. Itīs because I think this place is the perfect place to be with friends and talk about the thing I love.
Donīt wanna make people upset on me with this post, I just wanna say this, because I think this is important for the future of the dreamroom. Donīt want this to be a place where you talk about a lot of things, but donīt really say anything. Just think of it next time you post. Are you really adding something to the conversation, can you discuss the thing?
Or are you just taking up a lot of server space?

Christina
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2003, 01:31   #2
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

I don't remember many great discussions at all... were they even here? I mean it's since long ago that we don't have anything to discuss...

oh no. we have one topic that we discuss all the time - is Marian Gold is enough to be called Alphaville? it's coming up everywhere. aaaaaarrrgh! if you only knew how I'm tired of it!

so... I'm gonna continue saying something that means nothing...

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2003, 09:08   #3
poul e
Dream Keeper

@Avil: The politician speaks! Iīm sorry but I think itīs you that has changed and not the rest of the forummembers. Sure thereīs not too many serious discussions here, but were there ever? For me it has always been the occasional discussion and mostly just "chitchat".

When you say you want more discussions what is you want then? Tell us, or start a new topic of things to discuss.
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2003, 10:33   #4
wii
Dream Master

@Avil: the lists are interesting for the rest of us, if someone wants to explain why they prefer those songs, no one is stopping them, post in the list - how hard can it be?
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2003, 11:58   #5
Jonatan
Arranged in White

well you don't have to read all the "right now"-topics if you don't want to. I guess in the past we had some more discussions about lyrics and such things...but hey, there surely will be discussions when Crazyshow arrives!

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2003, 14:37   #6
Adiville
big in japan

Yeah. Im looking forward for the upcoming discussions that will follow the release of CS !
We'll talk about the lyrics, the music, the artwork, the co-writers, producers, back vocal singers, everything !!!
It will be cool !!!
Of course, its always a good idea to start new topics or "wake up" old forgotten topics like we're doing sometimes.
Personally, im very happy with the amount of topics and posts in the last 2 weeks !

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2003, 16:05   #7
wii
Dream Master

Exactly, I donīt care about what people are eating, so what do I do - I donīt read the topic !!!!!! - itīs very simple Avil, and I thought you knew this by now...we are doing just fine at the forum, great topics and some crap in the appropiate topics.
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2003, 22:21   #8
Avil
The dream

I havenīt changed, and if Iīve changed itīs to the better when it comes to forums.

Willy, you sa "some crap in the appropiate topics", the problem is that the crap is in every topic! (not in the latest couple of threads though) As I said, why write if you donīt have anything to say, but just wanna write anyway? Iīm interested in all topics (except the ones Iīve mentioned) and I find noncense in these aswell, and Iīm getting so tired.
I DON`T read the threads I donīt care about, havenīt said anything else (but after all the talk about server space, isnīt these the most unneccessary topics...???).

And "up-coming discussions" doesnīt justify people writing crap everywhere! I donīt demand dead serious discussions everywhere, but itīs too much now. I mean, you canīt go around and talk crap in wait for something interesting to discuss! Just keep to the crap topic then, donīt go and disturb in the "serious" threads.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 23:15   #9
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Avil if you want discussions just make new topics. I try that but very few people answer............................................ .

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2003, 23:41   #10
Avil
The dream

Jonatan, sure I want discussions, but the problem is whatever I start the discussion about it will end up with a lot of crap in it.
And I donīt have any subject, why start a thread then?
And you said very few people answer, I guess the activity in the thread depends on if they have anything to say at all.