Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 14 Mar 2018, 01:49   #11
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

I totally wonder that, too... A certain someone on Youtube uploaded a "special" mix of LWFAW... Sounds official and from what I can gather, the version he uploaded was never released to the general public... I had stumbled across another possible demo of the song on Youtube, and it was in January of 2008 when it was posted, so it was probably demo 4 or 5, or maybe even 6 since the instruments are the same, along with Marian's vocals; Just rearranged. It vaguely sounds like ON's version.. Did he somehow get the full version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmHPOjLFjB8

I legitimately wonder how the hell he got ahold of that version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4xJs8UozeE
Last edited by MarianGoldfan123; 14 Mar 2018 at 01:51.
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2018, 20:07   #12
jetset
Dreamer

A real classification of the 'unreleased' material would be far more complex, I think Tobias you will agree on this: there are demos, renamed songs, reworked songs etc. For instance I see Heartbreak City MMXII like a song of its own.
Anyhow, MGfan you missed "Au bord de la rivière des étoiles", and, as a Frenchie , I would love to know the lyrics - unless it's an instrumental track of course ;)

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2018, 20:35   #13
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Oh shoot. Didn't even see that one when looking around! If I had to guess, it'd be a track with lyrics, but who knows...

I'm sure the complete list of unreleased recordings would be insanely long compared to what I posted, though who knows? I might've gotten most of them. lol
Old 03 Apr 2018, 13:16   #14
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Just a random thought: I hope to God that Gallery makes it to Thunderbaby (or whatever the next album will be called)... Oh I've really grown to like this song (from the live recordings I've heard).
Old 30 Oct 2018, 23:40   #15
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

A few more for the list (no point in updating it now)

Days of Hope & Glory
The Perfect Moment
Experience
Old 16 Nov 2018, 19:07   #16
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

List of unreleased songs (with dates and info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianGoldfan123 View Post
A few more for the list (no point in updating it now)

Days of Hope & Glory
The Perfect Moment
Experience

AFAIK none of the above exists as unreleased (or even written) song. How did you came across Therese titles?
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2018, 08:55   #17
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
AFAIK none of the above exists as unreleased (or even written) song. How did you came across Therese titles?

Oh, really? I saw an image of Marian's computer on the forum and those were listed in his multi-track session project files. I'll find the image real quick.

It was the thread about CROG :) I read the whole damn thing looking for any clues and any background info on that album. my jaw kinda dropped when I saw this image:

https://www.alphaville.org/attachmen...7&d=1153940841

Oh, and another one I just noticed and missed: Life on Mars (mentioned on the topic that image originates from).

What's interesting is Für Dich is under the directory "NEW ALBUM". That must mean it was a contender for CROG. what a shame, as it's a damn good track! This makes perfect sense though since Marian himself stated in 2005 at the Games Convention (where they showed off the song with a Dark Age of Camelot video playing over it) that it might appear on "the next album", which obviously turned out to be CROG!
Last edited by MarianGoldfan123; 26 Nov 2018 at 10:33.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 14:00   #18
jetset
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianGoldfan123 View Post
my jaw kinda dropped when I saw this image:

https://www.alphaville.org/attachmen...7&d=1153940841
Call Me When I'm Naked
you know, this law of physics that makes your phone ring when you're right in the bath!

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2018, 17:52   #19
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

hah I know! That was an interesting title... I can only guess it was never named that and someone said it sounded like that and Marian found it amusing so it got named that :)

It would be so neat to know if any other Für Dich versions exist past the new vox edit. I'd guess yes, but perhaps the version with Kai on the verses was never meant to be on the album and the version with mostly Marian is what was meant to be there...

I can imagine a few of those tracks are very rudimentary in nature and aren't complete / lack a lot of polish. I mean, a handful of demos released are very polished I'd argue, such as Criminal Girl and Demon Eyes.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 22:07   #20
emo72
Dreamer

whats "strange attractor 1993?" any relation to the latest album?
emo72 is offline   Reply With Quote