Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 10 Nov 2015, 18:30   #681
spacetourist_2010
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajak View Post
I Think it will include Sexyland because it was mentioned as a possible single, ...
From the chat on Sunday:

Marian: No idea what will be the next single. There are several tracks in question: Hearbreak City, Around The Universe, House of Ghosts, a Handful Of Darkness... SEXYLAND would be my favourite pic ... but it still needs some production and we don't know if we can finish the song in time for the release of SA. That is by the way, one of my fav tracks.

As I understand it, the "it" refers to Sexyland.

To Tobi: Thanks for your great work! And I do not only mean the video-medley from last Sunday but generally your posts over the past weeks/months!
spacetourist_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2015, 20:47   #682
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
Chimera will defniitely not be on it, same for Questions of Happiness. As for sexyland and Wine of Astonishement I'm unsure.
This is really sad news what concerns Questions of Happiness. For 9 years now, I have been aching to have this song on CD or mp3 and after Marian had pulled it from the raffle at alphavillenow in the very last minute to rework it, many of us gathered it would be destined for a release. I keep my fingers and toes crossed that this brilliant track may at least see the light of day soon (if not on Attractor, then maybe as a b-side or a Moonbase/AVnow stream...see, guys, I HAVE to have this and Gallery, or I will go nuts in the end and nobody would want to be responsible for the consequences, right? :)

What concerns Wine...Marian seemed sure enough that the Paris songs would make it onto the release...(?)

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2015, 22:43   #683
manu
Banned

Don't worry the 2 songs will making part of the future dreamscape.
manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2015, 06:41   #684
Catherine
Parallel Girl

Looking forward to hearing the new album.... Have enjoyed reading the lyrics on alphavillenow.com and know that when completed and released AV will have something truly special to give to their audience :)

Also congratulations Streetside Romeo and your wife on the birth of your daughters :)
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2015, 09:30   #685
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
Also congratulations Streetside Romeo and your wife on the birth of your daughters :)
Thank you very much

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2015, 16:19   #686
jetset
Dreamer

"Horribly horrible" Google translation from http://www.welt.de/print/wams/nrw/ar...h-bin-alt.html

Suddenly there was a huge bang. Marian Gold watched the game between France and Germany in on television. Since the breaking news from running Paris across the screen. "A bizarre evening," said Gold remembers and talks about how it there fell upon the thought, "My God, we celebrated indeed in Paris last year, our 30th anniversary, it could have happened even in a Alphaville concert.." The synthpop band founded in Münster has just released a new album (tentative title: "Strange Attractor") announced and a tour. Gold, 61 years old, born in Herford, loves the stage. But he also feel the age, he says in a telephone interview. "Forever Young", as Alphaville's hit from 1984, he does not feel in any case.
Welt am Sonntag:

Their first single was "Big in Japan", a huge success. Do you often played there?
Marian Gold:
Not once. I've never been to Japan.
How come?
There seems to be no great interest in the band there. Maybe us is interpreted as arrogance, so to make a song. Here the song with Japan has nothing to do but tells the story of Berlin lovers trying to come down from the heroin.
Except with Japan Alphaville is mainly associated with Munster, while they come from Herford and live most of the time in Berlin ,
Ariane Mummert, who was our drummer at the beginning, had a grandma in Münster who owned several apartment buildings. Although there were quite a vacancy at that time in Berlin, it was difficult to find rehearsal rooms. In Münster, there was a cellar for us. So we packed our clothes and all moved there. That was more or less the birth of Alphaville, the first Nelson community and then Forever Young were called. As success came, we were announced as Alphaville from Münster. This has then fixed. But the lyrics just on the first album're pretty homesick pregnant and press a certain nostalgia for Berlin. But we had a great time. Without Münster it probably would not give Alphaville.
Münster was only a short episode.
1982, we have over 1985 we could go anywhere, where we were going, and are back to Berlin.
How is your relationship to your hometown Herford?
I'm actually pretty homeless. I also have some problems with Berlin. I live at the green border between the lakes. Beautiful, exciting, interesting, but I could also imagine living anywhere else.
Under what star the new album has been created, which will be released in the coming year?
Since the last publication in November 2010. I have been working non-stop on the new album. A difficult birth. The songs were there, but we as a band did not know in which direction it should go. There was bewilderment, because no desire was to repeat the concept of the previous album. This is to some extent the common thread in almost all Alphaville plates. After the long production times, we just feel like something new.
The trailer suggests a multifaceted synthpop album.
The last album was very trendy, this is more in an indie-direction. Our problem is actually that we compose across genres. We are pursuing an idea, without bothering drum, whether it fits into the concept of an electronic rock band.
Request these experiments, the fans do not get too out that indeed fall in love for a certain sound or style in a band?
It would be an exaggeration to say, it came good. There always exists a certain shock when a new Alphaville album comes out. But this curiosity that is in us, is the reason why there still is the band. I believe that our fans it is so similar to mine at David Bowie. For me, every album he has made, also a challenge because it was a swing in a completely new direction.
Which David Bowie was there, in the Marian Gold has fallen in love?
I have a crush in the early Bowie phase, because it was incredibly beautiful as easy (laughs) me. I was one of the first that came up in Bielefeld with full gear, make-up and platform boots through the streets.
What was musical bridge from Bowie to your synthesizer music?
This had a pragmatic reason: I've learned an instrument, could not imagine being able to write plays me. Music was a dream beyond my imagination. In 1976, the revolt by Punk, who fiddled with very simple tools. Then came the technological revolution: suddenly there were small metal boxes that could generate sequences and sounds with switches. You had to learn to be a pianist no drums.
You are 61 years old. Feel still forever young?
No of course not. "Do you want to live forever?", That is a question that I ask every now and then also to the public. Of course, all shouting enthusiastically yes, and I ask: really? In "Forever Young" The issue is not about staying young forever or immortal, but the opposite: It is not really possible. I am old. It's different if you're 61, 41, 31 or 21st That can not be denied.
Wear after 30 years of Alphaville?
Yes. I'm also not so sporty. On stage, I realize that the overworked me quite slowly. I am quite Rampensau and jump around a lot. I can not but feel it afterwards but then. Concerts go now into the bone. Previously, after-show party. If we are now on the road, I live a monk-like existence. Mostly I go scuttling, scurrying to my hotel room, giving no interviews as possible, do not talk - because of the voice. Because I've written a song, I'll often addressed it.
Ask sometimes as long as you are still on the stage?
Sometimes, clear. So far, I can answer it to me, in which I ask myself: Did you buck on what you dream? It has helped me again and again out of the shoes. If you have an idea, that's like a dazzling toy. As long as the curiosity and playfulness exist in me, I'll go ahead.
If pure songwriting an option without touring? Or heard one inseparable for them on the other?
The Performen is already a very important aspect. However, the primal experience at that time was for me to determine to write music that even I like. That blew me away and continues to be the most important thing. Although the idea is terrible: I could also imagine making music without tours. But why should I put this question to me now? When it comes to me so bad that they have to carry me sick to the stage, I will no longer be able to think up my music.
The music that have devised Alphaville for the debut "Forever Young", was the most successful. With these songs everything is compared, what came after.
That is the law of the business', that is set to its most successful things. Who can not handle it comes to really get a problem (laughs). I consider it a sinister privilege to have three, four world hits in their luggage, the people at concerts waiting for the course. If we but play only this, the gig was over after twenty minutes. But we play half to two hours, and the people do not run away. You can see on our albums that we care a shit about what others expect from us.
Why was the debut album more successful than anything that came after that?
This is a phenomenon that I myself do not understand. Perhaps because it was "Forever Young" and had this song? At the click figures for Spotify, we are in a squad with acts such as Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson, unbelievable. I complain no second thought to have written this piece.
Had Alphaville might just hit the zeitgeist?
Yes, maybe the nail on the head. With everything: our jumpers (laughs), the equipment, the whole image, the slightly gay touch, the makeup. For us, this was an old hat in society came but just beginning. And the music that was composed of new wave and very recent things that might get an important role later. We had more luck than brains.

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2015, 22:14   #687
manu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetside Romeo View Post
So here is what we officially know now:
- Release 1st half of 2016 in digital, CD and Vinyl form
- 13-15 songs
- at least two singles with videos
- tracklist certainly includes Mafia Island, Wine of Astonishment, Giants, A Handful of Darkness, House of Ghosts, Rendevous, Enigma, Heartbreak City
- tracklist may include Around the Universe, Sexyland, Questions of Happiness, Nevermore, Beyond the Laughing Sky, Fever, Marionettes with Halos, Chimera
If Mafia,Wine and Giants stands on the trackilist it's without me, these tree tracks are level
zero on musical creativity
manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2015, 07:52   #688
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Thanks Jet set for publishing this interview
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2015, 08:03   #689
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
If Mafia,Wine and Giants stands on the trackilist it's without me, these tree tracks are level
zero on musical creativity
Well,me too dont like Mafia Island(I hope they cross it off the list and put Q.O.H on the list) ,the other 2 song you mentiond is OK not more.
But we will have some great songs on the new album,A handful of darkness,Around the universe and the other 4 songs from the Preview sounds very promising especially Enigma and House of Ghosts.
So I really look forward to it(hope we dont have to wait too long) even if there will be 1 song I dont like
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2015, 18:22   #690
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Can´t wait for Enigma

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote