Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > Fan Discographies, Music and Artwork

Old 26 Jan 2004, 23:26   #81
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Finally I also got it made to listen to the "bad quality, bad equipment,..." recording, and one thing flashed into my mind: I need a producer. A producer like you, Jonatan. I am really impressed how well done this song is: Innovative, complex, with a definite touch of avant-garde. Listened to it many times. Also technically very well done - don't need to come up with such an understatement like "hard to hear...only a little song...". I wish I had your ideas for arrangements - and the technical knowledge. May I ask what equipment you used?

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2004, 00:19   #82
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Thanks a lot Romeo! I really appreciate your comments!
Which one of the versions did you listen to - the "original" or the "girl without confidence"-version? I wasn't really satisfied with the "original" because of some small things like the ugly guitar-like sound and some of the drums beeing to rough. I am more happy with the "girl without confidence"-version but I know I can do better.

I try to use the computer as much as possible for the sake of sound quality. I use several soft synthsizers but my favourite application is Reason (www.propellerheads.se) which has a lot of great stuff for electronic musicians and it's quite easy to use. One problem with doing a lot of the work with the computer is that the result may sound a bit sterile or "dull", but that's the way I like it [smile2].
As for vocals I record them with my Audio Deutschkraft ADK GC-2 mic with a pre-amp from DBX. I also sample a lot of sounds through the microphone and use in my songs to get a unique sound - trying not to download every sample (nothing wrong with that though). I also have CASIO WK-1600 but you don't hear it so much in my songs because I use it mostly to find melodies and song ideas in a computer free environment Later I either program it directly in the computer sequencer or record it with my MIDI-keyboard.
I usually get an idea for a song and the result gets completely the opposite of what I initially had in mind. That's why biggest problem is that my songs all sound different which makes it hard to make a record that sounds lika a solid unit rather than some collection-cd. I need a producer too to keep me focused

Maybe I could make a remix of one of your songs just for fun? I just need a vocal track (some notes and chord progressions would also help) and I'll start right away! I'm also looking forward to hear how your new recordings for Ephemere sound! You are a much better song-writer than me - I focus too much on the production sometimes and forget about the actual song-writing.......

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2004, 23:31   #83
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Thank you for the roses, Jonatan! As I have only heard one song of you (the original butterfly-version) I cannot judge whether I am a better songwriter but if you tell so I will believe it and be happy. But this does not change my problem, which is well the opposite of yours: I focus so much on the songwriting that there often is only few patience and inspiration left for the arrangements and most of all the recording.
Plus, I do not like so much working with computers for the original recording (not the mastering) as I love to record live with all that athmosphere of autenticity.
But the price for this if you don't have an own studio is that the quality rests well behind the one you get when you do it all directly in the PC. So I also decided to work mostly with the computer for my next recordings. I will check out the REASON homepage you quoted - thank you very much!

Wow - the Remix thing is a BRILLIANT idea! I would be so excited to hear your version of one of my songs! At the moment my digital soundcard does not work so I will wait til the new one has arrived for that the recording will be in good quality. I will send you some stuff then!!!

I like your very synthetic sound a lot. It may be called somewhat sterile but music is allways a parallel universe, an illusion, and I have huge sympathy for music that stays true to that and does not sell itself as something real (though it origins from reality, real lives)- if you know what I mean.

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 10:30   #84
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

I really like to see you working together on a song, both can make such beautifull music what will be the result of a song made by both?

Surprise us![approve]

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 13:42   #85
Icelin
icelin

@Jonatan, @Peter! Great work! You become professional musicians. Congratulations! Wish to hear something new soon!
Really liked all versions of this song, esp. Instrumental version by Krapplund and Girl without confidence version by Jonatan!
Icelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2004, 17:51   #86
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

@Icelin: thanks! I´m workin on a new song right now...just made a pause right now...i don´t have the time now....something other takes all the time right now....but the music is ready and the singing to....

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2005, 01:02   #87
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Was listening to Jonatan and my small music-projekt this night....not bad not bad at all hehehe

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 02 Sep 2005, 03:26   #88
Valdemar
Dreamer

Yeah, not bad...
Actually, GREAT work!!!!
Time to come back on the cover sleeve and re-design it.

See you,
W

... Is everybody in?
The ceremony is about to begin.
Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2005, 06:50   #89
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Yes not so bad att all...hehehe

And your cover sleeve are great....but I miss the tracks on the back
Something for you to work on Valdemar!

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 26 Aug 2011, 15:39   #90
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Yeah....did look at TV today, when I heard my PC start a song that I have made Fun to listen to it again...

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com