Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Reviews

Old 23 Aug 2010, 19:57   #1
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

7 Concert in Kalmar (Sweden), Aug 2010

What: Forever Young 2010
Where: Kalmar/Sweden
When: 21th August

Time for a new day...

Clock was around 19 em and we arrived to the festival area. It was me and some friends this evening. We hade started the day with som cold beer and BBQ in the sun at the island Öland and now it was time to listen to music the night long.
I got a backstage-card from Marian Gold the last saturday in Helsingborg and could just walk into the backstage, and skip the ordinary entrance this time. So I walked to the Alphaville tent and notis that no one was there at this time. Nothing to do, but I hade Marian´s shirt that I got/could borrow from him back in Helsingborg with me, and it was tim to leave it back to him. Just did put the shirt on the table inside the tent, and two young functionaries was there to check if Alphaville got everything they wanted on their list of demands. Anyway, I went to my friends at the bar tent to get some beers.

Clock is ticking

The time went away and it was time for Alphaville to walked on the stage. I was at the riot fence around one houre before it was time for Alphaville to walked on the stage. During the time I wanted at beer, but like in it´s in Sweden you have to drink your beer within a certain area, so I was totaly wrong now. But I chance to fix it any other way, so I yelled to one of the sound guys that I wanted a cold beer. And he just started to laughing. Nothing to do i fought, but not many minutes later he went back with two beers and threw them down to me. PARTY!!
But now was it time for real party! When the guys went on stage the audience screamed and the show started like the last weeksends with Dance With Me. One after another song was played and I think the audience was more "on" this evening than the other nights I saw the band. Anyway I screamed, jumped and sang along with the songs like always. Like that the other nights so must it have been a magically mobile sea during the song Forever Young and everybody did sing along. The band went of the stage and the audience wanted more and obviously they got it with the song Apollo. But suppose they wanted a song from the first album but I like Apollo as a last track. So when it was I started to walk away, but did not get many meters before the crowd started to yell again, and on stage stod Marian Gold and Martin Lister!! I knew immediately what to expect us now, it was time for Dance With Me as piano version. Before the song started Marian told us that he had longed to sing this song the entire tour, and now it was
time. Wow it was great! The audience enjoyed the song and of course I also. But than the show was over. A great show, but think that the piano version of Dance With Me increased the overall impression of the show.

Backstage

Time to visit the band backstage, the 3th time the last 3 weekends. I feel fortunate to have got the chance to meet the band so often. Marian was sitting in the tent, and I got a beer and we talked around some different stuff. He thanked me because I had given up his favorite shirt. I did notis that he looked tired, and not that strange after eight hours by road from Gävle, 558 km away. I asked him different question and here we have some of them:

What do you think about this tour

He did think it was like a holiday, they have travelled home after every weekend to work on the upcoming album. And yes the album aren´t ready yet.

The artwork on amazon.de is to be

Yes, and it fits perfect for a vinyl-release.

What will the limited DVD contain

He did not tell anything, would be a surprise

Overall impression

A great, funny and a content rich tour for me. Could have been some chances in the set-list but great anyway. The best song have to be the piano version of Dance With Me. Great to listen to! Thanks to Christian for letting me backstage and have som words with the band. Thanks to the band - Marian, David, Martin and Jacob and of course the sound guys and everybody around the band. THANKS! Now will it not be any more concert for some months, but if there will be a release-party somewhere in the world, I will be there for sure!!

By: Peter "Krapplund" Krappinger

Photos:

http://www.alphaville.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=72

Set list:

1. Dance With Me
2. Monkey In The Moon
3. A Victory Of Love
4. Sounds Like A Melody
5. Summer In Berlin
6. Carry Your Flag
7. Big In Japan
8. The Jet Set
9. Forever Young

Encore 1:

10. Apollo

Encore 2:

11. Dance With Me [Piano Version]

Video:

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Last edited by Krapplund; 24 Aug 2010 at 19:36.
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2010, 14:52   #2
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

I did add the photos now....enjoy!

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 24 Aug 2010, 16:47   #3
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

And a video-clip are now added...enjoy!

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Old 24 Aug 2010, 19:01   #4
jetset
Dreamer

Excellent report Peter, thanxxx !!
Would you detail this phrase : They have gone home between the weekends to work on new album. And yes the album aren´t done yet.
***disbelief*** :)

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2010, 19:37   #5
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Some chance than Better

17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com