Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 24 Nov 2016, 01:57   #511
MalilaM
Random Motion

My phones usually last quite long, but I think there is a defective power outlet that affected the battery. O_o

I wanted a Samsung when they gave me this one, but they only had one that was too big, and Sony had never failed me. *sigh*
It will be a difficult choice. :D

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2016, 08:23   #512
wii
Dream Master

I would like the Google Pixel, but it's not available in Denmark yet

https://madeby.google.com/phone
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2016, 16:06   #513
MalilaM
Random Motion

Looks cool. I think I'll settle for a simpler one, but I do want it to have a good camera.

Old 30 Mar 2017, 17:56   #514
MalilaM
Random Motion

So, I wanted a new phone with a better camera, and I got a new phone with an all-automatic camera, so no settings possible; it doesn't even have a "zoom".
My phone services provider called to make me change my phone. They usually give me an upgrade, but this time, they're having strong competition, so they offered two free "downgrades" or any upgrade I wanted, but paying a difference. Since I'm keeping my expenses low right now, I went for the "free" (The price is included in the monthly fee) options.
Aaand my new phone is an LG X Power.

It's all almost the same as my previous Xperia, even though they said the system was faster and that it wouldn't hang as often --it does.
Photo quality is basically the same as my old phone; what bugs me is that I don't really know what the camera is seeing or focusing on. Also, the camera is too close to the edge, so my finger is often the star of the picture.
Yet, the front camera is way better, which is so useful for me, who never take selfies! (Although maybe I will now, since it has a "beauty shot" option.)
I haven't tested the microphone, but I read somewhere it's not great either.
Oh and I miss the old clock widget that allowed me to watch the hour on my favourite wallpaper and go to timer and alarms in just one tap... I must choose now between downloading a widget that won't allow me to customize my wallpaper or deal with having to go to a different icon each time I need those features, that I use a lot. ;(
Oh well, not everything is gloomy: I'm stuck with it for two years, so I can plan buying the upgrade at the end of the contract.
Attached Images

Last edited by MalilaM; 30 Mar 2017 at 18:01.