Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 16 Oct 2008, 09:10   #1781
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Don't feel well at work, had a difficult meeting and still two meetings to come.
And it doesn't seems well...

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 18:05   #1782
Kaz
Her...

I've been invited to be part of the group writing the school's language policy. Woohoo! Now I get to have a say in something (though I bet you any money what I have to say is censored and I still have to toe the line). Well, it's a start.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 19:37   #1783
Leningrad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
I've been invited to be part of the group writing the school's language policy. Woohoo! Now I get to have a say in something (though I bet you any money what I have to say is censored and I still have to toe the line). Well, it's a start.
It would be funny if you swore Kaz. [smile2]
Leningrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2008, 10:04   #1784
Mags
Moonshine

Hi Russ,

I'm so sorry you lost your job, but I expect you will find another, far better job, very soon .

Hi Kaz,
Even though we are a state school we have been an all day school for the last few years... but although I am used to this system from the US still I think it is a failure in our school. The day is dragged out waaaay too long - 8 until 4 is too long for the kids! The hour long lunch break in the middle of the day is too long - for the afternoon classes the kids have null Bock (sp?) as the Germans would say. Since I am still only 3/4 time my day has gotten dragged out - I'm in school for far more hours but getting paid the same. Makes me mad. One of my English colleagues is retiring at the end of the year - she's full time so I really really hope that I can get her contract for next year - if I wasn't always struggling for money the whole-day school wouldn't bother me so much.

We're just back from fall holidays .... seven weeks to go until Christmas.

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 18:58   #1785
Kaz
Her...

I've got a day off tomorrow! I went on a course on how to deal with visually-challenged children in the classroom and it was in my own free time so the boss said I could take a half day. Since Friday is my half day at work it seemed the perfect opportunity to take it. And since it is my other half's 40th birthday tomorrow, it was timed just right!

Old 28 Nov 2008, 15:54   #1786
Kaz
Her...

So yesterday we were told at 11am that today we had a school inspector coming round from the ECIS (European Council of International Schools). After my initial reaction of "yesssssssssssssss!" (as that's just the kick we need to make things change), the next reaction was why the hell weren't we told earlier since the school has known for about a month???!!! So we ran around for the rest of the day making the classroom look perfect (or as perfect as you can after just having moved in three days before!).

So today, still feeling really sick, I went to the teachers' planning meeting. Our coordinator was in a meeting with the school inspector and arrived 45 mins late. Just then, the boss walked by our meeting room with a woman who looked in and gave me a huge smile and a wave. I was shocked! I turned to the coordinator and asked her if that was the inspector and she said yes, to which I replied, "Oh! That's my ex-boss!" Everyone else just fell around laughing at the look on my face.

Yes, the ECIS inspector is the head teacher of my last school! Just made my day, that did! Well, at least she gave me a good reference when I left. She came into my room this morning with the boss, had a look around for two minutes and left as she was mainly there to talk about school plans and paperwork. Thank god!

Still I don't get it though. I forgot she was an ECIS inspector. Surely there are more they could have chosen from who aren't boss of a local school that is one of our main competitors for business?

Last edited by Kaz; 28 Nov 2008 at 15:56.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 19:25   #1787
Clare
Alphanut

With Ofsted in memory, do you really expect these thing to be done logically?

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2008, 21:02   #1788
Kaz
Her...

This is true.

Old 11 Dec 2008, 19:50   #1789
Kaz
Her...

Guess who's going on a training course first weekend in March in Budapest, Hungary in a 4 star hotel, all expenses paid? [smile2]

Old 11 Dec 2008, 21:58   #1790
Dingerz
Dreamer

Ooh, you are! Lucky you. Wish I could go to Budapest for a training seminar. But bah, the most I get to go is around the corner from here..

Though I can't bitch - this job certainly allows me to travel to see all the shows I always want to see.
Now I just need a job that can afford me to buy my own private jet. I really need one dammit!

Tara

Have concert? Will travel!
Dingerz is offline   Reply With Quote