Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 11 Mar 2017, 18:01   #1091
Steckley
Dreamer

Anxious for the US release- Did some searching and could only find that sneak peek pic from a few days ago.

Also- Anyone have any info on a tour now that Universal is behind them? Would love to see AV back here in the States.
Last edited by Steckley; 11 Mar 2017 at 18:14.
Steckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2017, 19:09   #1092
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Strange Attractor - New Album

Be assured that StrActor is an awesome piece of work, bringing you everything from the essence of alphaville up to experiments beyond the new horizons. There's so much to discover, you'll be amazed. And no, some low res snippets won't even give you an idea of what's ahead.
Here’s my plan for a journey supreme, board the ship of your follies as soon as U can
Last edited by shapeseven; 11 Mar 2017 at 19:17.
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2017, 19:30   #1093
jetset
Dreamer

Hi 7ven, I already love the snippets I have listened, but my main concern is that I don't own a turn table, so I wish we could buy the LP edition on CD

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2017, 19:38   #1094
humanracer
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
Hi 7ven, I already love the snippets I have listened, but my main concern is that I don't own a turn table, so I wish we could buy the LP edition on CD
Don't worry. I am sure rips will be available in the usual places. You won't miss out anyway. Just be sure to buy the CD (I am sure you will). I have the vinyl rip of CROG on my music player.

Song samples can be heard at https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/det...r/hnum/6436183
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2017, 20:12   #1095
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Strange Attractor - New Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanracer View Post
I have the vinyl rip of CROG on my music player.

might reveal me as a noob, especially as CROG/Vinyl sits in my record collection since a few weeks (and i didn't play it yet): do versions of the songs on the vinyl differ from the cd?

re the bonus tracks on the vinyl: I assume the will not be digitally available (but i might be wrong)
Old 11 Mar 2017, 20:22   #1096
humanracer
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
might reveal me as a noob, especially as CROG/Vinyl sits in my record collection since a few weeks (and i didn't play it yet): do versions of the songs on the vinyl differ from the cd?

re the bonus tracks on the vinyl: I assume the will not be digitally available (but i might be wrong)
Well yes and no. It's the same music but, in my opinion, the master is better. Modern mastering today is too loud and lacks dynamic range. It just sounds warmer to my ears.

http://dynamicrangeday.co.uk/about/

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/li...haville&album=
humanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2017, 20:42   #1097
MalilaM
Random Motion

@Russ: Take a look here: https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/det...r/hnum/6436220

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2017, 21:01   #1098
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Thanks for the info :-)
Old 12 Mar 2017, 12:03   #1099
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeseven View Post
Be assured that StrActor is an awesome piece of work, bringing you everything from the essence of alphaville up to experiments beyond the new horizons. There's so much to discover, you'll be amazed. And no, some low res snippets won't even give you an idea of what's ahead.
Here’s my plan for a journey supreme, board the ship of your follies as soon as U can
I really hope youre right,because after hearing this snippets about 50 times I am slightly disappointed,to much Rock and definately too much funk(5 seconds would have been to much),
not enough synths.
What I can say about the songs this is after hearing 30 seconds of the songs,first the bad:

Song no:2 sounds terrible sounds like a demoversion of the old song "Funky Town"
Why did they pick this one for the album when they had promising songs like Rendezvous,W.O.A
and definately Q.O.H
12:destroyed by the falsetto song, otherwise a great chorus

The good:
Song 3,4,5 and 7 all sounds great with a more synthsound than the others,and I have big hopes for them on the album.
No:9 Is not my style but I love it anyway "Rendezvoyeur what will you do"

The rest of them doesnt say so much and I guess I would have to listen to the hole songs to have an opinion
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2017, 12:52   #1100
Gravitation
Dreamer

After listening to the previews of the songs, I can say this:

1. Giants = interesting text, like music and vocals. I'm looking forward to it ! ;
2. Marionettes With Halos = I actually understood this song, because there were a lot of musical transitions - there is a positive ;
3. House Of Ghosts = too easy execution, but like the dynamics at the beginning of the chorus ;
4. Around The Universe = I did not like it at first. But the studio sound inspired me !
5. Enigma = I do not like. The vocals are very reminiscent of On The Beach ;
6. Mafia Island = wonderful relaxation! I really look forward to it !
7. A Handful Of Darkness = does not need to be discussed. It also sounds like a concert in Prague 2009. It's a miracle song ;
8. Sexyland = I expected more erotic motives in music. Let's see how it will look completely ;
9. Rendezvoyeur = recall the motifs of the 80's, makes you dreams ;
10. Nevermore = a perfect energy boost! I am sure that the song was written by Dave Goodes! Bravo! I waited for an alphaville like that !
11. Fever! = I until the last hoped that she would get on the album! This sounds class !
12. Heartbreak City = me and my parents were delighted with what they heard! My parents responded to the song: "They are good fellows, that changed their style - it's cool!". I am very satisfied with the song and I consider it a worthy choice for a single !
13. Beyond The Laughing Sky = and here I was covered by a wave of Pink Floyd! Guitars, smooth transitional chords with a light vocal ... Wow !!!

In summarizing, I want to say that I was waiting for such a sound alphabet in the CROG, however, this did not happen. But now I admire the group even more. It's talent, it's modernity, it's ALPHAVILLE !!! YHAOO!!!

Let's drink to them!
Gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote