Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > Fan Discographies, Music and Artwork

Old 21 Aug 2003, 08:52   #21
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

Dear Dustin,
all lyrics are online - you find them under "future&album" in the "Lyrics" section!
It is funny that you criticize my singing the high notes (the falsetto passages), as most people who heard the songs so far found it cool. But off course I will take your critics in consideration!
Studio records...that is the devil's circle in this game: You are more likely to get a contract if you have your records in studio quality, but you get to a studio only if you have a contract.
Well, I could rent studio time to record all this, but it would cost me 2000-3000 Euro, that I do not have!
So we have to go like this. I am planning to use more computers to compensate the lack of a studio a bit.
Gigs...to play life really is a proble due to the different cities. But my brother and me played on some huge partys and similar occasions on our own, but both our songs, promoting the whole project. And in September we will make a surprise "guerrila" concert in the center of Heidelberg...with the synthetic instruments.
it's me who owns the synthesizer and the software and who manages the project and the recording. My brother contributes the keyboards and the piano that he owns.
That is no big problem, as we write individually but our styles fit good together, and once we have an idea, we play or sing it to the other via phone and exchange ideas and lyrics via e-mail, while we meet every four weeks to do new recordings and to work together on arrangements.
I am very happy that you like our works so much, and I hope that I can provide you soon (October) with a better recorded demo-album.
Though it will not have studio style. But, if you listen to the old AV demos for FY (DS1), you will find that some of them also sound quite homemade ;)
Keep in touch!

I prefer to walk with my own feet
I prefer to dance to my own beat
I prefer to sing my own song
I prefer to live - do you wanna come along?
(Ephemere - Eternal Travelers pt. III)

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Streetside Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2003, 09:13   #22
wii
Dream Master

@Jan, maybe you could contact Manuel Richter - his songs have a great sound quality, I can´t imagine he has access to a professional studio.
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2003, 22:04   #23
Dustin
Dreamer

After a day listening to Ephemere... *gg*
Ah, I must have missed the Lyrics-section, I'll check it out. I want to be the first one that buys your album as soon as it's out ;) Now I can't decide which song I like most. I think they all have to be recorded! And while listening today I started to enjoy your high notes. It's not that I didn't like them, they are a(n important) part of the songs but record companies this might sound a bit strange. BTW I imagined Marian singing your songs, that would sound great! Maybe you can contact HIM (and sing a duet ). I'm sure he'd be surprised what cool pieces of synth-music are developed in the underground.
If there are any news, let us know about them! *leaving-to-read-the-lyrics*

-------------------------
who the heck could be bigger than Bernhard and smarter than Gold!?
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2003, 08:38   #24
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

I am working on several crazy ideas, just to give you a little hint concerning your suggestions, Dustin :-)
@willy: Thanx for your input - I'll check this out!!!

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Check out my synth-rock band EPHEMERE's latest, the wonderfully synth-heavy LP "Hobos & Architects": www.ephemere.de
Old 22 Aug 2003, 11:56   #25
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Working on crazy ideas? Sounds good and for that you are here at the right place, isn't my dear forum members?

As long you don't change your own style and let others decide how to play and how to sing. You have a special style, keep it so... It so nice to hear something different!

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2003, 12:01   #26
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Which microphone did you buy for the new recordings?

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2003, 16:31   #27
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

@fallen Angel: Thank you very much! It's so motivating to get all this input! I do not think that there is a big danger that I could let others change my style so much - I do like it far too much for this myself ;) I am very happy you enjoy my way!
@Jonathan: My brother bought it after I had given him a list of must-have-features and after he had been consulted by an experienced microphone-dealer. As he is in holiday now I do not know which mic he bought exactely, but the technical features sounded very good!

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Old 24 Aug 2003, 17:25   #28
Streetside Romeo
Strange Attractor

I am happy to announce something new from Ephemere: In addition to the re-recorded Demo-Album available by October you can look forward to this:
[img]Data/2003824182047_In my life cover Kopie.jpg[/img]
4-Track-Maxi Release (Promo)
Out October 2003
Copyright for the cover design: Jan Schoenmakers 2003

NEW ALBUM RELEASED:
Old 24 Aug 2003, 17:58   #29
Kaz
Her...

Nice cover.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2003, 18:01   #30
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Yes this is a nice cover, very pretty artwork, very mysterious. Goes well with the beauty of the songs!

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote