Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 31 Aug 2002, 04:06   #1
Dingerz
Dreamer

Just got back from Germany!!

Alright my life has turned upside down in the last while.. I have moved too! (first time in 24 years ugh)

I just got back from Berlin! I had SOOO MUCH FUN!! I would seriously go back in a minute. There was so much I didn't get to do and I was there for two weeks! It is so easy to travel around europe! The cost of travl is cheap compared to here!

And I got to use my crappy German! (my grammar needs help, I know it) but I picked up so much and started remembering everything. And the cool thing was - it mattered instead of me just speaking german to ppl who don't know what the hell I am saying. :)

The hostels were so clean and great! I had never stayed in a hostel before and I was wary but everything was perfect.

I also found some AV vinyl, but my god, I was shocked at how little there was to find even in Berlin! My friend and I went to every music store listed in the yellow pages too! I felt to at home oddly enough. I didn't miss home at all.

Unfortunately we couldn't really leave Berlin because of the flooding elsewhere in germany. But next time I want to see more of Germany - Hamburg and Frankfurt and maybe Cologne. (check out those record stores here)

The architecture is beautiful! I wanted to take pics of all the buildings. We don't have anything like there here in Toronto. Just modern functional buildings. It was so weird coming home too..

I would seriously consider going to Germany again for an AV concert. The thought somewhat disturbed me before seeing I had no clue of what it was like/how expensive it is. But now since I am all familliar with it, it is alright with me!

Anyways, I've been rambling. I just wanted to share what I thought.

Tara :)

Dingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2002, 21:55   #2
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

wow! that's great! I'm really glad for you!

now I want to go to Germany so much...

I can see you through...
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2002, 08:37   #3
Brownie
Exclusive Fanclub Member

I understand your feelings for Berlin too well. And I´m so jeluse that you have spend two weeks there! I was there in May for that AV-Concert
and I fell in love with that city. I was there only in two days, but that was enough for wanting to coming back. If I only could I would do so. It was also a great feeling to be able to talk german and to see that the people understood me ;)
I really chare your feelings for Berlin!

Edited by - Brownie on 01 Sep 2002 09:40:40
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2002, 10:22   #4
wii
Dream Master

I´ve been there several times and it´s a great place, I never get to stay long enough though...

wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2002, 10:43   #5
Jonatan
Arranged in White

I've been there two times now, and I'm thinking of maybe reading German there next year. We'll see...

"I have to follow them – I'm their leader!"
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2002, 21:39   #6
Avil
The dream

I got the perfect chance to go to berlin for free in a couple of weeks...but the problem is that the fanclubmeeting is the same weekend...help!!!!

<center> ~/~/~Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, live today~/~/~

a l p h a v i l l e</center>
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2003, 08:08   #7
poul e
Dream Keeper

WOW!!! That´s a lot of records!!! And I have to say that I envy you on 1 of those records: F.R. David - Words 12". That´s a fantastic version of the song!!! I would really like to have that 12" single!!
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2003, 08:25   #8
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

@Poul

[drool]

say that - nice stuff

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2003, 23:08   #9
Mags
Moonshine

Mathias!
The second time I went to Berlin I had to buy a second suitcase in order to cart everything home to the States ...LPs, CDs, and chocolate, of course...I LOVE the selection and affordability of LPs over there - they cost soooo much here and it is hard to find good ones, anyway! I would love to know what record stores you went to...my method for finding them was very random!

But I must say, I thought of you several times over the last week and wished like anything I was in Berlin too...I miss it so much . A few more months...[smile2][love2].

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2003, 10:37   #10
Adiville
big in japan

@Hardin : you bought ALL these records ?!?!?!?
WOW !!!!!!!!
My job got delayed for the end of May so i considered going there but airports are kind of scary now with this whole SARS thing......
but if there will be a concert somewhere i wont think twice if i should come or not
I really miss Berlin. Its a fantstic city !!! I WILL BE THERE sometime in the next few months......

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote