Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 03 Mar 2003, 01:44   #1
Kaz
Her...

What do you think about the Iraq issue?

It had to happen eventually. Some of us (namely me) need to be able to vent their spleen about what's going on in the world at the moment, but I'll only do this if I can hear other people's views, as that's only fair.

Would be very interested to hear your opinions.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2003, 06:32   #2
wii
Dream Master

Stop Bush - this guy is not more intelligent than my youngest cat, chasing his own tale
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2003, 12:26   #3
Adiville
big in japan

and doing everything to make his father happy....
"oh dad, i will f*** Iraq because you didnt success 12 years ago..."
I think that USA will look very stupid if they will start this war because it looks like they are the only ones who want it !!!
Everyone else are trying to find a solution but Bush just dont care...

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2003, 18:15   #4
Kaz
Her...

OK, get ready for the show...Be warned, this is going to be a long one cos I'm gonna get technical!

Here's a number of points to consider (I'm getting to like doing postings in this way!):-

1. Any supposed war against Iraq is based on the premise that Saddam will not comply with the UN resolution 1441, which apparently is to do with him not being allowed to have weapons of mass destruction (are there any other kind?). NOTE - Bush has enough of these to destroy the world many times over and has threatened to use them...

2. Have the US and UK found any of these in Iraq? NO! Wouldn't anyone think that with all their mighty inteligence that they boast about, they would have found them if there were any to find?

3. The UN (for UN, read US...) has asked Saddam to disarm and destroy his missiles (hardly a threat if they don't reach much past 93 miles - unless you live in Israel...). Saddam is doing this by all accounts, and has offered information about anthrax and chemical weapons. Is the US happy? NO! What does Bush actually want then??? NOTE - has anyone insisted that Bush disarm and destroy his? Why not?

4. "We demand a second UN resolution", screams Lord God Almighty Bush! "Why?" ask the weary common folk. "Because we can't get the bastard on the first one, stupid!", retorts Bush.

5. Of course, the sheep-like common folk, knowing no better, follow their leader and his manservant, Blair Friday, because after all they must know best as they have access to evidence that we don't. Arguments against Saddam (not a nice person I know) amass - such as, he is nasty to his own people etc.

6. Yes, Saddam is nasty to his own people and murders them, but he only uses weapons that were sold to him by his past friends...the US and the UK. And anyway, Bush and all other presidents have been doing the same to their own people and getting away with it scott free for years, cos they have the law on their side. It's called the death penalty.

7. The sheep-like folk of the western world now believe that a war against such a man is morally justified. Consider though - isn't Bush using the terms of resolution 1441 to back up his case for war? Remember what this is about? Nothing to do with human rights, but with weapons of mass destruction. Therefore, a war based on anything other than this is going against what the UN resolution asks. So, is it ok now for Bush to defy the UN, but not for Saddam to?

8. Is war any less of a threat or less terror than 'terrorism'? Suppose the innocent folk of Iraq are relishing the prospect...Death is death, killing is killing and terror is terror, no matter who does it to whom and how it is or is not justified.

CONCLUSION (although I may think of more later...)
Looking at these simple facts - which everyone can see but most choose to ignore - is there really a case for war against Iraq? I think not.

I REST MY CASE.

Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2003, 18:40   #5
Clare
Alphanut

I agree, Bush has no reason to bomb Iraq, whatever you think of Saddam Hussein. In this case the people who will suffer will be civilians, and the ordinary people of Iraq have suffered more than enough recently.

I have to say that Bush and Blair's motives are extremely suspect, and to claim moral grounds for bombing for oil is to me terrorism. Nothing more, nothing less.

I feel as strongly as Kaz on this, and have been on a demonstration against the threat of war.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2003, 22:22   #6
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

It's all about oil. and Bush's stupidity.

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2003, 22:22   #7
Adiville
big in japan

+ lets not forget who were also victims of the last war :
the American soldiers !
Remember the gulf war syndrom ?!?

Old 03 Mar 2003, 22:25   #8
wii
Dream Master

Read this:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/ThisW...ll_030302.html
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2003, 22:40   #9
Adiville
big in japan

*The "blood for oil" delusion springs from paranoia.*

Old 05 Mar 2003, 04:06   #10
Clare
Alphanut

I don't trust George Bush jr at all, but I never trusted Blair either. He has no spine that man.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote