Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 11 Mar 2018, 06:29   #1
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

List of unreleased songs (with dates and info)

I've scraped the web for over a year now and have included every unreleased track I've managed to find so far. I periodically update this list as I find more song names online, so check every once in a while! :)

After the Party (unknown year, possibly 2004, 2005, or 2006) possible CROG track

Age (unknown year, possibly 2004, 2005, or 2006) possible CROG track

Always You (unknown year) - From the unreleased "Strange Attractor (1993)" album

Beyond Believe (unknown year) - Scrapped "Strange Attractor (2017)" track

Black Hole Door (unknown year) - Unreleased, though it may be both a demo of "Enigma", "Drifting Away", and "Blood Red Door"

Black Shadows (Unknown year) - Possibly a CROG track

Blind Arrow (unknown year) - Rejected "Catching Rays On Giant (2010)" track

Blood Red Door (unknown year; possibly 2008) - Unreleased, may have been a demo of what would become "Enigma" and another demo named "Black Hole Door"

Chimera (unknown year) - Unreleased, though it likely is a rejected "Strange Attractor (2017)" track

Clouds (Oh daddy keep the faith in me) (unknown year) - Unreleased

Cold Ashes (unknown year) - Unreleased

Criminal Girl (unknown year, possibly 2005 to 2008) - May have been a rejected "Catching Rays On Giant (2010)" track, studio demo from 2005 released online in 2008

Damn Happy (unknown year) - Will be released on "Waking up in a Different World", due for release on October 9th, 2020

Day After Day (unknown year) - Unreleased

Day Of The Minotaur (unknown year) - Unreleased

Days of Hope & Glory (unknown year, maybe 2005-2006) - Unreleased, likely a CROG track

Drifting Away (unknown year, maybe 2005-2006) - Unreleased, possibly an early draft of Enigma (Blood Red Door and Black Hole Door are also possible candidates)

Emily (unknown year, possibly 1995; Written by Janey Diamond) - From the MG solo album "United (1996)". Lyrics were released online and the notes indicate the music was made by "Gold / Echolette"

End Of Yesterday (unknown year; possibly 2008) - Intended to be the opening track on "Catching Rays On Giant (2010)"

Epilogue (Unconfirmed) - Likely not a song

Escalator (unknown year) - Unreleased

Eternally Yours (unknown year; possibly 2008) - Likely a scrapped "Catching Rays On Giant (2010)" track

Experience (unknown year, possibly 2005, 2006) - Possibly a CROG track

Gallery (Unknown year, written by Janey Diamond) - Released on YouTube on August 31st, 2020, named "In The Gods".

Ghost Ship (unknown year) - A demo of "Ship Of Fools" from "CrazyShow (2003)", Strange Attractor 1993 track

God Shades Her Eyes (unknown year, possibly 1993) - From the unreleased "Strange Attractor (1993)" album

Guest of Honour (unconfirmed) - Likely not a track

Hey Charles! (unknown year) - Unreleased track written by "Eric Sooter"

Hotel (unknown year) - Will be released on "Waking up in a Different World", due for release on October 9th, 2020

House of Lies (2012) - Released on Alphaville's official YouTube channel on June 15, 2020

Icecream Girl (Unconfirmed) - Likely not a track

Images (unknown year, possibly 1995) - Most likely a scrapped "United" track

Kalte Asche (unknown year, possibly 2008; German demo) - Studio demo released online and is a rejected "Catching Rays On Giant (2010)" track. It was apparently written sometime in 2005

Kill The Devil (unknown year, possibly 1995) - Possibly from the 1996 MG album "United" - Erased from the hard drive it was on

Life on Mars (David Bowie cover, unconfirmed - may have been a United track)

Little Moon For Psychopaths (unknown year) - 2011 studio demo released online and may be a scrapped "Strange Attractor (2017)" track

London Sky (2004) - Released to the winners of a contest in 2013, may have been a rejected "Catching Rays On Giant (2010)" and "Strange Attractor (2017)" track

Love Will Find A Way (2007) - In December of 2007, an early draft of this song was released on Moonbase. Then, in December of 2008, another demo (apparently the 7th one) was released. In November of 2018 "demo 7" was released on various online stores for purchase. Rumor has it that another demo was released in 2009...

Make Believe (unknown year) - Possibly a rejected "Strange Attractor (2017)" track

Marry Me Today (unknown year) - Unreleased

Message in A Bottle (Unconfirmed) - Possibly a cover of the 1979 song with the same name by "The Police"

Metaluna (unreleased) - demo of Elevator

Moonbase Suite (unknown year) - Unreleased

Mother (unknown year) - Unreleased

My Very Blood (unknown year, possibly 2004) - Unreleased and, according to Marian, hasn't been recorded, but has been played live before. Some of the lyrics were reworked into the song "Beyond The Laughing Sky", released on "Strange Attractor (2017)"

Nobody's Perfect (unknown year - maybe 2005/2006) Unreleased, likely a CROG track.

Now's Forever (unconfirmed)

Over the Hills And Far Away (2009) - Released on Alphaville's official YouTube channel on May 4th, 2020. 2 versions exist: One was produced by Johann Strauss (Strauss ex Machina), and the other by Sebastian Komor.

Overdose (unknown year) - Unreleased and may have been intended to be on "Strange Attractor (2017)"

Private Plane (Unconfirmed) - A cover of the song by "Thomas Leer". It was apparently played live in 1987, at the Tempodrome.

Roadkill (unknown year) - Unreleased and may have been an intended "Strange Attractor (2017)" track

Questions of Happiness (2005) - released on Alphaville's official YouTube channel on April 20th, 2020

R.I.P. Off (unknown year) - Unreleased and it may be a demo of "About A Heart" from the "CrazyShow (2003)" album. Played live.

Red Rose II (Unknown year; possibly 1993) - From the unreleased "Strange Attractor (1993)" album - An early version of Iron John.

Rendezvous (Unknown year; possibly 2015 or 2016) - "Strange Attractor (2017)" track as it didn't fit the album stylistically. A snippet of it was released in the promo / teaser video, "Alphaville: A sequence of fractals for a STRANGE ATTRACTOR", found on YouTube (at the 2:51 mark)

Ring of Fire (Possibly a cover of Johnny Cash's song, unconfirmed)

Sandman (unknown year) - Unreleased

Save Me (unknown year) - Unreleased

Stroke Of Midnight (unknown year; possibly 2008) - Unreleased "Catching Rays On Giant (2010)" track

Springtime Cherries (2012) - Released on Alphaville's official YouTube channel on March 23rd, 2020

Superstar (unknown year) - Unreleased

Swallow Paradise (unknown year; possibly 1993) - From the unreleased 1993 album "Strange Attractor (1993)". The DAT tape was presumed lost but was relocated later on.

Sweet Dreams (2004) - Demo version from 2004 released online in 2008. Used in a Fiat commercial in 2008.

Temple Girls (unknown year) - Unreleased, possibly a CROG track

The Carnival is Over (unconfirmed - might be a predecessor to Springtime Cherries)

The End Of Music (unknown year; possibly 1995) - From the unreleased 1995 album "Untitled"

The Lions Never Die (unknown year; possibly 2008 to 2011) - Possibly a "Catching Rays On Giant (2010)" and "Strange Attractor (2017)" track

The Third Half (unknown year) - Unreleased

The Voynich Chronicle (unknown year; possibly 2008) - Unreleased, was likely a "Catching Rays On Giant (2010)" track

The Wine Of Astonishment (unknown year) - Played live in Paris (30 year anniversary concert, 2014) and may have been a scrapped "Strange Attractor (2017)" track

This Perfect Moment (unreleased, 2004, 2005 or 2006 possibly), maybe a CROG track?

To Whom it Might Concern (unconfirmed) - Likely not a song

Twilight Zone (Unknown year; possibly 1995) - Demo of Euphoria (Prostitute (1994) track); Originates from the unreleased "Strange Attractor (1993)" album

What You Need (unknown year; likely 2006 and 2007) - 2 demo versions released online (one was mixed by the "Atomic Brothers" and is longer than the other one)
Last edited by MarianGoldfan123; 05 Sep 2020 at 20:53. Reason: Added more tracks and changed info to reflect on current findings
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2018, 16:36   #2
hajak
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Thank you for this,very interesting reading.
I wonder if we ever will get these songs released
hajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2018, 17:18   #3
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Not a problem. To be fair, i included the Dreamscapes tracks as well since I count those as being "unreleased" since they weren't necessarily released in a proper way (a mainstream album, I mean).

I think a majority of the ones I listed aren't completed and fleshed out. I'd argue at least a few of them are just lyrics.
Old 12 Mar 2018, 16:45   #4
MalilaM
Random Motion

Wow, that's a lot of online sleuthing!
But if DS aren't considered proper albums (the collection was even fully available on iTunes for a while), then Marian's solo albums and CS would have to be considered unreleased material too.

As a side note:
That's All has a version with lyrics released on Atlantic Popes' album.
Twelve Years was released on Marian's So Long Celeste, as Sweet Needles of Success.

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2018, 17:12   #5
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

True.. i can see your point I suppose.
Last edited by MarianGoldfan123; 26 Nov 2018 at 17:09. Reason: Edited the "Love Will Find a Way" entry to further reflect on current info
Old 12 Mar 2018, 20:20   #6
MalilaM
Random Motion

That's still a long list of songs we haven't heard. Interesting job you've done there gathering them all.

By the way, Because of You is on DS.
And for your exhaustive notes: Love Will Find a Way has an official release in German, on Karel Gott's album Leben (2009), as Weil Die Hoffnung Nie Vergeht. (My favourite, by the way.)

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2018, 20:28   #7
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Jeez. I need to look at the Dreamscapes list of songs more. haha! Thanks. Didn't know that LWFAW was actually released aside from the 2012 duet... Thanks for letting me know!
Old 13 Mar 2018, 06:54   #8
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

I was surprised to find a few names of songs on the list that I thought no one knew abot, like HOTEL and HAPPY. Others on the list are not existing, like RAMA LAMA DING DONG (at least not from Alphaville/Gold).
The term „rejected“ is misleading or not matching the reasons for not being published yet in many (most) cases, I would drop that.
From my POV the list is quite interesting, but still quite foggy ;-)
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2018, 14:24   #9
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

haha I had scoured around here (and your blog) to try and find every possible song name. Rama Lama was a name I saw on some old 2011 Strange Attractor promo (it's a nod towards the Beach Boys 'Pet Sounds' album cover) and there were quite a few names for songs there. I had also read a few songs on that list were actually jokes. haha I thought maybe that one was a joke, though I added it just in case but have now removed it.

As for adding "rejected" to the end of the song titles: I only did that after thinking about the dates in which they were recorded and how Marian has occasionally said how some songs simply didn't stylistically fit the album / didn't flow well. i could remove it from the tracks which I know for a fact were meant to be on albums if you'd like.

The one that interests me at the moment is "Day of the Minotaur". Interesting title... I think it probably has a gritty rock feel, similar to Nevermore.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 01:07   #10
Foolship1077
Travelling Companion

Every so often, some of these demos and other tracks are found online, a few live, but mostly studio recordings. Some were available elsewhere, like back when the Moonbase had certain ones for downloading, but one is led to wonder just where else they found these other ones!

Hello, my friend...
Foolship1077 is offline   Reply With Quote