Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Other Artists > Other Artists

Old 18 Jun 2005, 21:06   #561
Dingerz
Dreamer

I just bought all my German tickets today!! Wohoo! I'll be in Dresden, Hamburg, Berlin and Dusseldorf! Anyone else going to any of these shows? I have gen admission too. Sooooo excited!!

Tara :)
...wow, did I just use that many exclamation marks? :P

Have concert? Will travel!
Dingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 22:25   #562
sap
Dreamer

YES! I have my tickets for Antwerp and Rotterdam! YES ! YES YES YES !!

WS
sap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 22:29   #563
rutgerhauer
Dreamer

awaiting for the tickets to Prague, still can't see any announcement of it being started to sell.
rutgerhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2005, 15:09   #564
Mags
Moonshine

Lucky you, Tara! I didn't even know Depeche Mode was touring. And the tickets for Berlin are already sold out. I guess you'll be in Germany in January then? At least it is a cheap time to come over. I'd consider going to the Berlin show...but it seems impossible now. I guess I can't really afford it anyway . How long will you be in Berlin? If you have time let's get a coffee or a beer!

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2005, 20:47   #565
Avil
The dream

I didn´t know they were back on tour again. Haven't heard anything from them in ages...
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2005, 21:59   #566
Dingerz
Dreamer

Mags - yes, I'll for sure be there in January. Don't worry, there is apparently plans to add a second Berlin date! I will let you know the MOMENT I hear about the pre-sale! I am a part of the DM forum and we get a pre-sale before everyone else. I find they go on sale 9am German time cause I have been shocked at 3am each time and been right online the second they go on sale. (or go join the forum at www.depechemode.de to get it!) I've just been super lucky each time the pre-sale happened because I was still awake and online and checking my mailbox.

So far we're seeing Dresden, 2 dates in Hamburg, Berlin and 2 dates in Dusseldorf! I can't wait. If I have any time, yeah it would be great to meet up. :)

Tara

Have concert? Will travel!
Dingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2005, 22:07   #567
mAjor
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Hi there! There is a planned tribute to DM including only South African bands!

http://www.sarock.com/news/18/ "A band that needs no introduction and has a library of material stretching over two decades is Depeche Mode. Electronic music masters and icon’s that dominated the 80’s and 90’s with their highly sophisticated sound scapes and songs that influenced so many of today’s talent in more genre’s than just electronic music."

The covers will not be (only) electronic, but rock and punk etc.

I think people will love it OR hate it. I look forward to it (because I am a Sef African)!!

da mAjor
mAjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2005, 13:16   #568
Avil
The dream

I saw "101" yesterday, they had an 80´s-night (from 9 pm to 8 am or something!!) and they showed 101. They are awesome live!!
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2005, 06:09   #569
mAjor
Exclusive Fanclub Member

The tribute album by South African bands has been released. There are some sound clips at http://www.modeofobscurity.com

da mAjor
mAjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2005, 00:04   #570
Jonatan
Arranged in White

From some other forum:

I'm VERY excited! I've just listened to the whole album and want to share it with you.
Please understand that I've just listened to the album once, except for a couple of songs I listened to twice. And this is a VERY HARD album to listen. The production is so heavy and dark that you can't really get into the songs until many listenings I think. So my point of view can (and will) change in the future.
For those who are expecting an album like Precious, FORGET IT. It has nothing to do with it. No 80's sound, no synth-pop, no obvious hit singles. Actually, Precious is possibly the more different first-single to the the rest of the album in DM career.
There are no pop songs, don't expect nothing similar to Violator, SOFAD or BC. Of course there are good melodies and great choruses, but they are behind a wall of synths and darkness that create some of the most agressive DM moments. All of this, I repeat, after one listening.
DM did it again. They did a completly different album. Different to other bands and themselves, but sounding Depeche.
Nothing similar to Exciter, for those who disliked it (I loved it).
According to what I'd read about PTA, I expected it to be more organic, with lots of guitars and maybe more real drums. It's more organic than Exciter (that's easy), but there are not so much guitars, it's more heavy-electronic oriented. There are not click-drums, but not many heavy drums either.
These are my first impressions (and sorry for my english, I wish I could do better descriptions):

01 A pain that I'm used to
The synth in the beginning reminds a little to Dead of night. It's a very dark song, quite uptempo and with a little NIN feel. It will be a single. Actually, is the kind of song we'd normally expect as a DM comeback single. I bet it will be the first song on the tour. Great one!

02 John the Revelator
Strange song. Ìt starts with an Ultra feel loop, but much faster than any other song in that album. Lots of heavy synths and Dave singing is strong and agressive. The strange thing is the american-rockabilly touch of the vocal melody, but it works contrasting with the darkness of the production. Possibly a single too.

03 Suffer Well
Nice guitars and very dark and quite fast again. The chorus is specially nice.

04 The sinner in me
Great song. Once again, very very dark, but this time is a slow one. Dave voice is deep and low, really emotive, fitting perfectly with the analog synths and the electronic drums. The chorus is awsome, and, in the middle of the song everything stops and then an amazing long instrumental part starts, finishing with a final chorus once again.

05 Precious
The same version as the leaked one. Don't expect anything different. Though the video clip one was a rough mix, there are no noticeable changes on levels or additional parts. Of course, it grows as this is the final mastered version and sounds 1000 times better than the mp3. The most accessible song by far, maybe the only one. Nothing to do with the rest of the album.

06 Macro
Mid-tempo track. Back to the dark sounds, specially the drums. Martin sings really good, sounds powerful and clear. The melody is rather strange, though the chorus is brilliant. Nice nice one.

07 I want it all
Slow drums, somehow similar to the Exciter sound or to Bjork's All is full of love. Lots of synth arrangement. One of the weakest in this first listening, but will possibly grow.

08 Nothing's impossible
Mid-tempo dark (very very dark) song. Dave voice is really moving, once again in his classical low tone. In some parts the voice has some kind of vocoder (or other similar fx) which sounds cool. The synth parts are really great. One of my favourites (by now).

09 Introspectre
Wayne's possible favourite. A 1:30 long instrumental interlude! Simple but nice. I think it works. Sounds like a mix between Ultra and pre-86 period. The future intro of the tour?

10 Damaged people
The other song with Martin on vocals. This is really beautiful, with a very classical-ret

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote