Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 05 Aug 2019, 13:01   #11
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Yes, indeed... yeah, torrents are an option (all moral problems aside). I just listen to the tracks on YouTube as I don't want to outright pirate them like that...

The site I mentioned sells tons of music and they're based in Russia. They sell all 8 Dreamscapes CDs + the first 3 CrazyShow CDs in both FLAC and MP3 formats for very cheap... They sell other Alphaville-related stuff as well (not the Whiskey set thankfully)
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2019, 20:48   #12
Mart
Dreamer

OK folks. To put this topic to a a realty vision, I'm going to explain myself and the reason why I support this site.

First, I am a member of a King Crimson site named DGM. The link is https://www.dgmlive.com/tours?order=...te&sessions=on

They are releasing very rare tracks lately. The page that you are looking at is a box set. But they are selling each track for a Euro.. Including the artwork. If you scroll the page down, click on the Read More tab, and the page opens further. If you keep clicking the Load More tab, you can see all the King Crimson Lps, Boxsets, DVDs, Single tracks, Live shows that a member can purchase. The band have kept their soundboard live shows since the 70s. And any one can purchase them. The site is owned by King Crimson and their management, including a chap that goes by the name of a Stormy, who releases his own collection from a huge vault of King Crimson material, and is also allowed to do so with permission from the band and manager.

So what you are getting are rare tracks, and everything else that King Crimson has released in high definition. If you are an mp3 fan, you have that choice too.

IMHO, Every band that has a big fan base, be it a cult status band like King Crimson, or a dream band like Alphaville, should have a site that can sell rare products and shows to real fans. It not only provides the band with an income, but also pleases the fans that are looking for rare items.

Apologies for ranting

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2019, 19:20   #13
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

I'd love it if Marian / the band sold demo tracks... There are so many tracks which I'd love to hear (Emily, Eternally Yours, After The Party, Day of the Minotaur, a later demo of Criminal Girl, The Lions Never Die, etc..) but the likelihood of them being released anytime soon seems to be a resounding no... So unfortunate. Marian has an absolute treasure trove of unreleased material!
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote