Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 25 May 2014, 17:13   #81
carol_chula
Dreamer

Martin is in heaven now playing music with the angels....
carol_chula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2014, 17:51   #82
Simon M
Dreamer

I'm really sorry also to hear of the sad passing of Martin Lister. :-( I had a brief chat with him after the Munich concert a couple of years ago and he was a very decent guy.

R.I.P Martin...
Simon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2014, 18:09   #83
lunarclair
Dreamer

Me too..I was dreaming before I woke that the fan pages had been hacked and it wasn't true.Then I woke up and knew it was for real.I know he's not really gone (far) and he is certainly not forgotten.Bless his soul and all who are grieving him now.I'm so so sad. <3
lunarclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2014, 18:51   #84
nova2001
Voyager

I'm really sorry to hear this... very sad news.
nova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2014, 19:47   #85
Kaz
Her...

He's still around, in some way.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2014, 20:01   #86
Stefan
Dreamer

Dear friends,
Just take a look at this picture, I think all of you who were in touch with Martin will say: “Yes, thatīs how he was!“
It was taken on the last summer day in 2013 at Grömitz-Beach, just 3 hours before a concert. It was like every night, it became a tradition to shout during the concert „Maaaaaartiiiiin“ – and he always mentioned us - and smiled.
I always had the feeling, that he became the Oxygen of Alphaville.
Iīm really no insider of the band, but it looked like he gave balance to all and to Marian Gold.
Even when nobody else from the band wanted to talk (what was always ok for me) he did!
Even if he was out of time, he stopped and it was never a small talk, mostly funny and every time more than friendly. I recognized, that he was with his way to behave more than stabilization for the band. And to be honest: He was the man were I thought, that he would die as one of the last Alphavillians. He was standing with both foot on the ground and was funny and strong at the same time.
We watched out in one Hamburg-night for the ships in the harbour, he said „it is so nice here, with these ships and under the stars....“
Now Iīm more than shocked! I just met Martin 10-15 times for a few minutes....so it is really not my part to say what he meant to me. It is more, that I think for that whole weekend: How will people feel, who shared real longer time and space with him, loosing such an outstanding and impressive person?
I canīt imagine how you survive in this time, so I send you my full respect and I send you all my strength, even if I know that it could not be enough.
Alphaville is part of my life, Martin was part of Alphaville, and so a part of my life broke in pieces. Some things with this music and band will never be the same as before.
Last night I was standing with my 8 years old daughter in a garden, when it started to rain.
She knew nothing about Martin, but she said: „Itīs raining, the angels cry, cause somebody died.“ I said to her: „Yes it was Martin – no: it is Martin“
We could be lucky if we will get in his area in heaven, lots of wonderful melodies must be up there now.
There is more than one person in Hamburg, now working on a Martin-Monument in this town – and in our hearts.
Forever Young, Forever united in music, Forever Martin Lister!
Stefan from Hamburg
Attached Images

Last edited by Stefan; 19 Oct 2017 at 09:25.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2014, 20:43   #87
manu
Banned

No Kaz i don't hope you translate me,this new was a so shock that i don't find the good words to say how sad it is and how life can be cruel...After this,anniversary concert and new album are nothing, really nothing.All my love to Martin's wife and children and to his brother in arms Marian...
manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2014, 21:05   #88
Kaz
Her...

Beautiful words Stefan. You really touched me.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2014, 22:39   #89
colette
Forever Young(ish)

I'm so sad to hear about Martin. His talent and music touched the lives of us all and he was a pillar of Alphaville. I am just so grateful to him for the music and he will always live on in his music. A truly talented and lovely man. To Anja and Martin's family and friends, my condolences and thoughts are with you and I wish you strength and lots of love.

Colette x
colette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2014, 00:15   #90
outsdr0001
Exclusive Fanclub Member

When you truly love someone, they never leave your heart. There's always going to be that space of theirs that may get pushed around a bit, but it's always there for you to rummage through and reminesce. Some times it hurts, no matter how long they've been gone. But as long as you've got those memories, they'll never be truly gone.

Hold on with your heart, and you'll never be alone.
outsdr0001 is offline   Reply With Quote