Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 25 Jan 2009, 19:03   #1
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

The News Topic

As suggested in the crap topic...

Here you can tell all the stories that happend in your live / the place your live / ...

Be my guest...

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2009, 19:43   #2
Clare
Alphanut

Nothing's happening much today. Yesterday there was an avalanche on Buachaille Etive Mhor in Glencoe just down the road from here. 3 climbers died but it was second on BBC news after a dispute in the BBC. *sighs*

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2009, 20:01   #3
Mateusz
Banned

i damaged my had a lot of days ago (after the hot shower, ..a film unstucked to me)
Mateusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 00:51   #4
fishbones
Lilac Butterfly

Recently there was a story in the news here in the UK about a 13 year old boy who fathered a child. Now people seem to be making a joke out of it, take a look at this. http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2009/02/2...price-condoms/
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 17:08   #5
Richani
Party nut

That news was also on the dutch television a few days ago.. pretty sick that they make such jokes of it btw..

~~ Ријaнa [love2] Алфaвил ~

~You gotta fight, for your right to party~
Richani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 20:33   #6
MalilaM
Random Motion

I'm very VERY very angry.

Mexico has a supposedly autonomous institution whose duty is to guarantee transparency and legality of political elections. When it was established, it was respectable. However, since a couple of years ago, when the first top officials were replaced, the new ones were too involved with political parties, so they discredited themselves. So not only they are not doing anything of what they are supposed to, but they have also destroyed a big part of what had been built to "protect" the democratic processes, so flawed all over the years in Mexico.

Yesterday it was announced the top officials are going to increase their salaries 100%, as if they deserved it!

The president makes a bit over 10,000 USD a month. If people don't react to impede what they are planning, they would be getting 20,000 USD (some 16,000 €) a month!!
As if this country (and the crisis) would allow it!

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 15:23   #7
MalilaM
Random Motion

I definitely can love some news...

Sat May 30, 11:01 am ET
WELLINGTON, New Zealand – Polly wants a passport — and isn't above stealing one.

A brazen parrot, which spotted a Scottish man's passport in a colored bag in the luggage compartment under a tour bus, nabbed the document and made off into dense bush with it, the Southland Times newspaper reported Friday.

The bird — a parrot of the Kea variety — made its move while the bus was stopped along the highway to Milford Sound on South Island, and the driver was looking through the compartment. Milford Sound, which runs inland from the Tasman Sea and is surrounded by sheer rock face, is part of Fiordland National Park, a world heritage site and major travel destination.

Police told the newspaper the passport has not been recovered and is unlikely to be located in the vast Fiordland rain forest.

"My passport is somewhere out there in Fiordland. The Kea's probably using it for fraudulent claims or something," the passport owner, who did not want to be named, told the newspaper.

A replacement passport from the British High Commission in Wellington could take six weeks and cost up to $250.

"I'll never look at a Kea in the same way," the man was quoted saying.

Kea, the world's only snow line-dwelling parrot, are widely known as inquisitive birds who appear to take delight in attacking rubber items like windshield wiper blades.

Native to New Zealand, the birds are found only in or near South Island mountains, where they live in high-altitude beech forest and open sub-alpine herb fields that stretch up into the snow line.

Covered mainly in brown and green feathers, they have large flashes of bright orange feathers under their wings.

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 18:34   #8
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

That's why one should never leave their passports unattended...

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 19:41   #9
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Maybe one day we will have a visit of that parrot, trying to collect some money...[smile2]

.... is that your picture mister parrot? [smile2]

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2009, 17:30   #10
Kaz
Her...

13 European elections

I'm so annoyed and pretty scared to tell you the truth. The swing to the far right IS pretty scary! What makes me more annoyed is that that bombastic little twerp from the British National Party (BNP), Prick (or Nick as he was born) Griffin, now gets a seat in the European parliament and thinks he's something far more important than he really is. Now he thinks he is a mainstream politician and can spout his poison all around. Now he's in a perfect position to start demanding that his party's policy of withdrawing from the EU comes through. What else he is capable of persuading people of is the really scary part.

Was great he was stopped in his tracks by egg-pelting demonstrators today but that's not going to be enough to pull in his pompous swollen head. And he complains that this is no democracy! People have the right to demonstrate, he says, but not to throw eggs at a political party leader! Ahem, and who gives him the democratic right to exclude people based on their race or colour? Where's the democracy in that? Scares me that so many people voted for him and his party this time around but lethargy in voting (or not) for the real mainstream parties means that allows him and his kind in where they shouldn't be.

If this is the way the UK is going, I'll never live there again.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Last edited by Kaz; 09 Jun 2009 at 17:37.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote