Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News > Chat Transcripts

Old 10 Nov 2010, 15:20   #11
MalilaM
Random Motion

Here's a small summary of what has been said during the chat:

- CROG release party will be on November 18th, at Quasimodo Club in Berlin.
- There won't be a formal concert at the party, but the band will play some songs in acoustic versions.
- The party will be filmed and beer will be free. :)
- There won't be any hidden tracks in the new album.
- Many songs that couldn't be included in this album will be put in a next one, also made with Universal.
- Since the list of songs to release is huge, a new chapter of Dreamscapes is being considered.
- Marian mentioned the possibility of a new album with long songs, with a soundtrack style, but Martin contradicted him, so this might be just a private joke between them. :)
- They are planning a European tour in March or April.
- CROG will be sold in other countries if sales are good in Germany.
- The only songs that weren't written before recording CROG are Phantoms and The Deep, which were written during the last months.
- Sebastian Komor's work with programming and rhythms was kept.
- There will be at least two more singles, and will be sold as physical CDs, not only virtually.
- Album graphics and IDFYT video were an original idea of Marian Gold.
- They refused to say the meaning of Catching Rays on Giant but maybe Willy will be able to get it from Marian at the party. ;)
- Claudia is the administrator of Alphaville's Facebook webpage.
- There are no plans to activate Moonbase's "My Alphaville" section.
- Marian said he keeps contact with Bernard, who lives in Berlin and is working on the new production of Atlantic Popes.
- When asked if there will be remastered versions of old albums, Marian said that he won't impede Warner to release them if the company wants to do it.
- Ferdinand, Marian's youngest son, is 4 weeks old.

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2010, 15:49   #12
wii
Dream Master

I understand you perfectly Clare, I don't know why they waited so long to announce the party, maybe it's a way to decrease the number of fans to make it a smaller party, I really don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Probably a good thing I wasn't there because I'm feeling very excluded as a fan who lives outside Germany (we're really not wanted at the party, getting hold of the music is difficult). I might have said something I'd regret later and revealed myself as someone who quite honestly can't be bothered right now.
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2010, 16:13   #13
Clare
Alphanut

It feels like it's out with the old and in with the new. The record company want them to aim for the chart followers, not us who have been there through the years. Just makes me feel angry. I really wanted to be there to celebrate the success they're having, but we don't all live in Berlin.

I'm one of the few who can get time off at short notice as well, it's just that all the travel takes some organising and that I cannot do.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2010, 00:06   #14
Sappy
Exclusive Fanclub Member

I think it's cool when the Band meets the fans like this, not many bands do that ya know!!
Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2010, 05:50   #15
poul e
Dream Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappy View Post
I think it's cool when the Band meets the fans like this, not many bands do that ya know!!
Yes it's cool, but I think more bands than you think hold releaseparties for their fans it's just that you're not "in the know" because you know the right places to go to be as close as possible to AV. I think a lot of bands who are about as popular as AV do it. I know OMD and Howard Jones have had similar releaseparties (because I'm also a huge fan of those 2). And btw...both announced the parties a couple of months before...

I know that the sensible thing to do is to be happy that they actually hold a releaseparty, but it's just SO hard when you really wanted to be there and has absolutely no chance....
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2010, 06:29   #16
Sappy
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poul e View Post
Yes it's cool, but I think more bands than you think hold releaseparties for their fans....
oh, maybe I said it wrong...I were talking about chatting with the fans....not making release parties

...Howard Jones...ahh...one of my alltime favorite records (and first) is 'The 12" album' from 1984.....think I'll have to buy the cd sometime!!
Sappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2010, 12:31   #17
poul e
Dream Keeper

Oh ok Sappy...sorry! I think you're right about the chatsessions....I don't know of many bands who do that with their fans!!

Just a bit off topic now...sorry
Howard Jones actually held a special chatsession with live videofeed at the release of his latest studio album. He was in his studio where he played a couple of songs from the album and chatted with his fans....that was really cool! Howard Jones has just begun re-releasing his old stuff....check the Howard Jones topic here at the forum
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2010, 18:32   #18
Starman
Forever Canada

Sorry I missed the chat. I wanted to represent Canada!
I was busy getting a show ready to open this week.
I hope everyone had fun!

Love Life. Everything else is just details... [star]
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2010, 00:43   #19
Pitesina
Take it easy!

As I told you I am having problems in the office for opening this page. I phoned to our technical assistance office and asked them to let me get in the chat. They tried but told me that there were no restrictions to this page. What happened? I don´t know. That´s why I missed the chat.

Wii thanks for your transcription.

Nunca te arrepientas de lo que hagas. Arrepiéntete de lo que no has hecho. [kitty]
Pitesina is offline   Reply With Quote