Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Dream Polls > Dream Polls

Old 14 Aug 2002, 21:23   #21
wii
Dream Master

No way, the bottom will be changed too, but Iīm not doing more for the forum until the big update.

wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2002, 17:16   #22
wii
Dream Master

I told you hardin,

the image is very small, exactly 1,93kb - thatīs nothing, the reason you see the image first sometimes, is because the forum get all info from a database, which takes a second or two.

Old 24 Aug 2002, 17:57   #23
Trent
Dreamer

Yeah, I think you need just a little bit of blue on the page...=)

"When I close my eyes, I see my soul...When I open them, I see yours"...
Trent
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2002, 07:44   #24
poul e
Dream Keeper

@Hardin: I have been thinking the same thing about the name of the forum (The Dreamroom). Itīs only written in very small text on top and at the bottom. But I know why Willy has made it this way. He wants it as nice and simple as possible. For me the name of the forum is much more important than the fact that the forum is made by Willy from New Horizons. The webpage www.alphaville.org is the place to go if youīre a member of "New Horizons", but the forum is for everyone.

So if I should suggest anything it would be to make the name of the forum more visible perhaps by making a cool logo for it. For me the name of the forum is more important to show than the name of the band(s) because we all know why weīre here and the name of the place is www.alphaville.org/forum and not www.thedreamroom.dk. And itīs always possible to write something like "The place to be for fans of Alphaville" just under the logo perhaps. But itīs just an idea.

Edited by - poul e on 25 Aug 2002 09:08:58
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2002, 10:45   #25
wii
Dream Master

Well, the new horizons text in the background is part of the concept of the website which the forum is part of, and I want to keep all pages consistent and alike so I have the pic here also.

Keeping thing simple is extremely important, makes it easier to use, and I thing I have that in the new design and in the forum - everyone who is here knows what the Dreamroom is, itīs pretty obvious !!!!

Old 25 Aug 2002, 10:49   #26
poul e
Dream Keeper

@Willy: Donīt get me wrong. I also think the forum and website should be kept nice and simple. And they should also be linked heavily together with the same outlay and colours. The only thing Iīm saying is that there is no need to write "New Horizons" in big text at the forum, but perhaps it could be an idea to make the name of the forum more visible.

Old 25 Aug 2002, 10:58   #27
wii
Dream Master

Hmmm, the name of the forum is right there at the top of all pages in the forum, right above the online chat users - I see it all the time, making it bigger would not look cool, and it would be a pity to change the logo, itīs great as it is, so Iīm afraid I donīt agree with you guys on this, but I am considering removing the background pic, as it can only been seen when the data is transferring to the browser. What about changing the background pic text from "new horizons" to "The Dreamroom"?

Old 25 Aug 2002, 11:03   #28
poul e
Dream Keeper

@Wii: You could do that, yes. The "New Horizons" text isnīt important in the forum (for me anyway).

Old 25 Aug 2002, 11:04   #29
wii
Dream Master

Hang on...

Old 25 Aug 2002, 11:24   #30
wii
Dream Master

Ok, now it says The Dreamroom in 3 different places at all times:

1. the top
2. the background