Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Other Artists > Other Artists

Old 12 Jan 2003, 05:47   #1
simpledumbpilot
Dreamer

Tatu....

...because someone was goimg to start this thread eventually. I must admit that I am slightly concerned that I think these girls music is absolutely incredible!!!!!! especially 'Not gonna get us'
simpledumbpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2003, 11:54   #2
Jonatan
Arranged in White

I think they're good!
My friends tell me I'm stupid when I say that [smile2]

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2003, 12:14   #3
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Hmmm...T.a.T.u

That girl like That girl.....

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2003, 21:41   #4
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

yeah Ta likes Tu...

I don't like them... but wait a minute... where's my national pride? [smile2] hmmm... well. I think that's good that you know them!

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2003, 23:45   #5
Avil
The dream

They are good, but I don´t like their "new" style on the songs, I prefer the russian version of this album. On the album released with english vocals, they´ve added too much guitarrs, that´s why I prefer the plane russian version.
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2003, 00:03   #6
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

honestly... if I had to choose between english and russian versions I'd choose english ones just because there are more guitars but I don't like them... too old for this...

*MADE IN USSR*
Old 16 Jan 2003, 04:58   #7
simpledumbpilot
Dreamer

I have to admit that I prefer the Russian versions and I dont speak a word of Russian, and as you will tell by me grammar that english isnt a strong point:-) I just love to hear music sung in a foreign language, it just seems that way that the voice is used more as an instrument than a vehicle to take the verses to the chorus.

The production is certainly different on the english versions but thats due to the intervention of Trevor Horn who I find it hard to say a bad word about after all his magnificent work with the ZTT record label, anyone who gives us Propaganda, Art Of Noise and Frankie Goes To Hollywood deserves a salute, and thats without mentioning the Buggles, you guys need to hear their 2 albums.

PS im having a strange moment whilst typing this, Im actually listening to 'Welcome To The Sun' for the first time in about 14 years and I cant believe what a stroke of genius that song is, isnt it great when you go back to a song that you havent heard in so long and realise that its just incredible? Anyway, I'll shut up now:-)

\'\'Oh no, where did the groove go?\'\'
Old 16 Jan 2003, 05:00   #8
simpledumbpilot
Dreamer

Im not sure if its the beer talking but I really miss the old Alphaville, Im now listening to 'Next Generation' and I want to be 12 years old again! I appreciate that people like albums like 'Salvation' but this really tugs at the heart-strings, I can only hope that they will make music like this again. Anyway, back to the Tatu topic...

\'\'Oh no, where did the groove go?\'\'
Old 16 Jan 2003, 20:43   #9
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

well... as you all should have noticed I know russian very well... and I just can't listen to russian versions of these songs! and don't like their sound at all.

*MADE IN USSR*
Old 22 Jan 2003, 09:36   #10
AV_defender
Exclusive Fanclub Member

my friends introduced their record to me when i stayed over the night at her place..some songs didnt fit me at all, but then there were those (like "not gonna get us") that gave me thrills. i think they are pretty ok, and i would definately like to hear more...i guess they work like an extraordinary musicgroup; you have to get used to their music b4 you can hear how great it really is!=)

<i><b>-I\'ve put my faith in God \'cause he taught me how to dance-</i></b>
AV_defender is offline   Reply With Quote