Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 11 May 2019, 20:37   #51
Mart
Dreamer

I'm delighted that you all met up up. It sounded like a great time. Alphaville fans are getting bigger and bigger and they nearly outpassing Pearl Jam fans.

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2019, 10:55   #52
Clare
Alphanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everyoung View Post
sorry I missed you Clare was asleep in the hotel lucky to go over the road to see the show stopping at the village hotel, will post some pics when back home well worth the wait for the three songs they have to do a tour of the UK
Sorry I missed you too. 8 of us in total met up and I don't deserve any credit for what happened. Claudia (sadly not there) and Christian arranged it but it was nearly torpedoed by an over zealous security guard. I understood two could go and then another two but after I sent two, the security guard said "that's it". Luckily Christian managed to persuade her. Don't know how. Marian was on top form.

To those who missed it, I'm sorry. I couldn't guarantee a meeting so didn't want to mention it online in case it didn't work out (I was actually worried about security as I know at these big arenas it's different from the small clubs that I'm used to.) When I'd got it more or less organised and then it nearly didn't happen my heart was breaking for this band of fans standing by the stage doors. Especially Celeste after her fall. But guys, we did it!. I'd hoped to meet up with everyone and get everyone to meet Marian which is why I was madly trying to coordinate meet ups before and after.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote