Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Other Artists > Other Artists

Old 04 Mar 2022, 19:43   #111
slatham
Dreamer

I liked Frank in AV too didnt Marian say he didn’t like the guitar aspect on Big in Japan ? I mean I like the rocker style that Ricky gave but Alphaville for me will be the two on synths and Marian Gold on vocals , I mean I know they have to go with the times but classic Av is my favourite and FY is my favourite album off them .
slatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2022, 20:05   #112
LuanaMaria
Lonely Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardin View Post
I have no address (and if I had I wouldn't share it). I hope and wish Frank lives a happy and private life.
I don't want to sell (or illegal copy the record). It was a personal gift.
Anyway, here's some photos of the CD, but not the personal letter :)

Swedish greetings

Hello Hardin! Thanks for your reply.

I certainly wish the same for him, I just wanted him to know how much he is still admired.

About the CD, ok, I was willing to sell my kidney for this but I admire your attitude and in your place I would do exactly the same. There are certain things that money can't buy.

Well, I couldn't find Beyond Time anywhere to buy, let alone the other CDs of the project.
I saw this video that was recently posted on YouTube and it seems that the songs are the same ones that were available on the Project website. It looks like it was a limited edition, extremely rare to find, unfortunately. It must contain amazing melodies! I'm going crazy I want to hear this, heeelp haha
I hope that one day I will be lucky enough to find this stuff.

Wow, I loved the photos! It's autographed, that's really amazing! Do you have any idea how lucky you are? haha what a fascinating gift!

Can you tell me what is written in the small print of the booklet, if they are the credits of the work? (For every answer you give me I have questions to ask kk I'm sorry but my fan curiosity is huge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	img (1).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	2232

And thank you so much again!!
LuanaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2022, 20:30   #113
LuanaMaria
Lonely Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatham View Post
I liked Frank in AV too didnt Marian say he didn’t like the guitar aspect on Big in Japan ? I mean I like the rocker style that Ricky gave but Alphaville for me will be the two on synths and Marian Gold on vocals , I mean I know they have to go with the times but classic Av is my favourite and FY is my favourite album off them .
I agree with you Slatham. The Gold/Lloyd/Mertens trio did such a good job that it marked the 80's. Bernd himself just said on his fanpage that he also considers FY his favorite haha
"To be honest, I am more fond and proud of Forever Young. But FY was easy to do....it was the first album. No thoughts...just go with the flow....magic. AIU was hard work. The second album after the bis success. Not easy at all. So, I'm proud of that album as well. It's no secret that I usually love synths more than 'real' instruments, so of course FY is closer to my heart."

I think we all agree with him
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturar.PNG‎
Views:	78
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	2233  
LuanaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2022, 20:45   #114
hardin
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuanaMaria View Post
Hello Hardin! Thanks for your reply.

I certainly wish the same for him, I just wanted him to know how much he is still admired.

About the CD, ok, I was willing to sell my kidney for this but I admire your attitude and in your place I would do exactly the same. There are certain things that money can't buy.

Well, I couldn't find Beyond Time anywhere to buy, let alone the other CDs of the project.

I saw this video that was recently posted on YouTube and it seems that the songs are the same ones that were available on the Project website. It looks like it was a limited edition, extremely rare to find, unfortunately. It must contain amazing melodies! I'm going crazy I want to hear this, heeelp haha

I hope that one day I will be lucky enough to find this stuff.

Wow, I loved the photos! It's autographed, that's really amazing! Do you have any idea how lucky you are? haha what a fascinating gift!

Can you tell me what is written in the small print of the booklet, if they are the credits of the work? (For every answer you give me I have questions to ask kk I'm sorry but my fan curiosity is huge)

Attachment 2232

And thank you so much again!!
Glad you also like Frank.
He is a legend for me.
The other Maelstrom CDs are almost impossible to get.

The text said:

Graphic design & cover photo: Andréa Lauterwein. Inside photo: Benedict Fr. C. Hellwig. Thank you : Kiki, Jocelyne. All titles written, arranged and produced by Maelstrom

Last edited by hardin; 04 Mar 2022 at 20:49.
hardin is offline   Reply With Quote