Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 10 Oct 2010, 06:06   #41
Pitesina
Take it easy!

OMG... Marian´s voice, the music [love2].. And he looks very handsome [drool] [drool] [drool] Oh.. and the brides´s necklace is beautifull [bouncy][knockout]

Nunca te arrepientas de lo que hagas. Arrepiéntete de lo que no has hecho. [kitty]
Pitesina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 06:20   #42
nicole
Dreamer

Its a good video, but can someone explain whats it about? I don't get the whole wedding thing and Marian in handcuffs.

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:39   #43
sophienoelle
Themaestro'sgirl

I still can't get the link to work...Is there an alternative?

“Therefore, let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.”
sophienoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:44   #44
nicole
Dreamer

I found the video on Youtube. The link didn't work for me too.

nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 08:11   #45
Patryn.ru
Dreamer

Last edited by Krapplund; 10 Oct 2010 at 09:35.
Patryn.ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 08:37   #46
russharvey
Dream Keeper

well, its a music video....... I can't say that it is the worst Alphaville video out there but it certainly is not the best one either.........

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 11:05   #47
Adiville
big in japan

I like it !

"Ok Adi, this song is for you..." Freiberg 13.8.2005
Adiville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 11:08   #48
Kaz
Her...

I don't like it. It loses any atmosphere the song ever had. And that was debatable at the start anyway. Marian looks very uncomfortable in it and where are the other guys? However, as others have said, it's a video and it's better than nothing. Wonder where it's going to get airplay? Somehow, I don't see it on MTV...

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Last edited by Kaz; 10 Oct 2010 at 11:11. Reason: Cos it's Sunday and I'm not awake yet...
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 11:23   #49
Marina Orchid
Back from the light

Thanks, Patryn! Now I can finally watch it as well [smile2].

Just would like to defend this video from all the critics here . It's not bad, for me it is even good! Of course, it doesn't possess with the same "depth and height" as "For a million"-video, for example, and isn't actually unique... but, you know, and the very song is very simple... Thus, the clip and the song suit each other absolutely all right; the same goes about the coincidence in the plot, mood and atmosphere.
Don't think that its "cheapness", as someone said here, is meaningful. Not everything that is cheap is bad, and far not everything that is expensive is good... There are loads of examples of it...
The target was to convey the idea of the song, not simply to pose and grimace senselessly before the video-camera, as it is in fashion now..., and the band coped with it perfectly! What's nice, there is no this Hollywoodian tragedism and pathos round the situation, as it could be expected....

These pink-beige colours are used purposefully and don't spoil the video. The whole situation is based on the confrontation and contradiction of the sufferings of the main heroes. For her the world is in optimistic happy colours (she throws in her lot with the beloved man), for him everything around is as if grey, colourless, he has got the feeling of emptiness - everything has ruined (he's losing the woman he loves). That's why he is in this empty room and later "meets" her near some destoyed building. Her wedding dressing is similized to the dressing into the military camouflage. Follow the line "You kill me blindly...". All is a visual metaphor (that is, in fact, the explanation for Nicole, as she was interested... ). I like the way they presented the thought.

To sum it up, the work, to my mind, is pretty successful!

And we know that we know what we know.
Is it truth?
Last edited by Marina Orchid; 10 Oct 2010 at 11:28.
Marina Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 12:50   #50
TheMoonBoy
A view from above

First of all I must say that there was a long time when I didn't think that I would ever see a new professional music video with Alphaville again. So, before you start to think critical about the actual content, think back and realise what a fantastic time this is to be an Alphaville fan

But OK, the video. I think it's quite all-right and I would actually say that it is one of their (actually, "his" would be more appropriate) better videos all in all. That's not really a feat though considering how terrible most Alphaville videos are (Sounds Like A Melody and Universal Daddy, anyone?).

It's not just a performance of the song but a story to it, which is becoming more and more rare these days as the budgets gets lower and lower.
Worth mentioning is that they seem to have had some problems with Marian's lip-syncing. His moments are very brief and when they're there you can see that he is not in constant sync with the vocals.

And lastly I wish they would have done something more of the vocal effect which is 3:05 into the song. It could have been done way stronger than that and I know exactly what I would have done [tonque]
TheMoonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote