Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Cover Versions

Old 15 Jun 2003, 09:36   #41
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

I don´t want AV to do that many covers and I am sure they won´t. I feel a bit reminded of old-aged
artists celebrating My Way on a cruiser...and I feel the same way at the "Alien-Topic".
The fall of Shirley Bassey should be warning enough for singers with extraordinary voices not to
lose inspiration (or good songwriting teams).
On the other hand... AV could cover "When Do I Get To Sing ´My Way´ ?" by The Sparks. That would be
a climax.
JaJaJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2003, 23:04   #42
Alien
Trapped in Dreams

I've heard George Harrison's "Something" for the first time today. I'm impressed. And I really don't know whose version I like more. They're both wonderful.

*MADE IN USSR*
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:09   #43
mAjor
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Hi, I found a link to one of the covers done by Marian - http://obscurock.facadecomputer.com/...gs_to_Come.mp3

da mAjor
mAjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:14   #44
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

Thank you very much Major!!

Always to hear the original version.... and once again the version of Marian is much better!!!

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2005, 09:49   #45
Trond
Forever Young !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonatan
I don't see why you think Murray Head's version of Say it ain't so is so bad. I think it's got another character than Marians interpetation, but it's not bad at all!
This topic is old, but I will join Jonatan in his opinion about Say It Ain´t So Joe.

And I also agree with Willy saying that Marians version maybe is the best cover-version ever made.
It is a briliant song. I wonder if Marian ever has thought is a live-potensial song. Extra-Extra-Extra song at the end of the concert f.inst. ?

\Still Falls The rain\
Trond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2005, 10:04   #46
Lisa
Dreamer

I agree with you both!
I really love Marians version, and a live-version of it would be great!
Murray Heads version is not that bad i think, i like it, but not nearly as great as Marans version

'It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice'- Sir John Marks Templeton
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2005, 00:21   #47
russharvey
Dream Keeper

well its just a question of taste I think.... I personally don't care for Murray Head's voice and so I think Marian's version is much better although it does have more emotion, more passion and a little more melody... just a little, but I do like it better - but then again I like Marian's versions better most of the covers he has done.

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2005, 00:25   #48
russharvey
Dream Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassie
I just found a very laid back, Jamaican sounding cover version of "Forever Young" by Wayne Wonder on iMesh.

[img]Data/2003331175048_FY - Wayne Wonder.gif[/img]

Anyone else knows it ?

Lassie

You wouldn't still happen to have this cover would you? I have never heard of Wayne Wonder....

***This life is expensive, but at least it comes with a free trip around the sun!***
russharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2005, 16:09   #49
Mags
Moonshine

Marian sang Say It Ain't So, Joe during the acoustic show in Salt Lake 2001. It was one of the best songs of the whole evening ...... I was blown away. I've never heard Murray Head's version, but I can't imagine anything could be better than what I heard that night ......

Open your eyes and let the sun break in for a while...there may be something that you've never seen inside...
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote