Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Dream Polls > Dream Polls

Poll: The next Marian/AV album ?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
The next Marian/AV album ?

Old 06 Aug 2003, 15:19   #21
Agnes
Dreamer

I voted for "more synth"... though I know that Marian will not ask us what kind of music he should make in the future.
For me AV will always be the synth-pop band of the 1980's - however anacronistic it may sound... but I'm just a foolish, incurable day-dreamer.

*** Say GOURANGA, and be happy! ***
Agnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 17:21   #22
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

I voted for "More Synths"....a big part why got a HEAVY ALPHAVILLE FAN!!!

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 17:27   #23
Kaz
Her...

Could be just me but I don't see AV as purely a synth band anyway, never have. Everything they do is different from what has gone past, and will continue to be. That's what draws me to AV, the variety and the lack of fear to try out new styles. If a certain style suits a certain song, that's fine. Yeah synths are great, but it's not the be all and end all for me.

Yeah, AV did synth at the start (1984 that was all there was really) but now they've changed. Could say the same about Duran Duran and Depeche Mode...

Time moves on...things change...people change...

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 17:40   #24
Clare
Alphanut

It's not just you Kaz, the more experimental Alphaville are the better for me. There are lots of synth acts out there, Alphaville are more than that to me.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 17:42   #25
Kaz
Her...

Absolutely. If you want synth, you can listen to any of those bands.

Alphaville is Alphaville - unique and not in any catagory as far as I see it. That's why I love them - not for any synths or anything else. Oh, and Marian's voice...that you can't get anywhere else

I make no bones about the fact that I completely love CS. I think it's just right as far as what types of instrumentation should be included. Anyway, we can all show a preference but at the end of the day, Marian and the guys will do what they feel is right.

And, if we all had a say in it and a demo disc, what would be the point of buying it once it was completed? We're not Alphaville. We're the fans. Yes, it would be nice to think Marian takes our points of view into consideration, but if he feels under pressure to produce a certain type of music (eg. synth...), aren't we being just a tad like those record companies that he hates so much and got away from for the same reason?

Alphaville are the artists. What they want to do is good enough for me. Doesn't mean we have to like it...didn't someone say something about a role of a fan being a critical one somewhere in the CS discussion?

Yes, I know a lot of you won't like what I'm saying, but it's my opinion and as such, it counts

Old 06 Aug 2003, 18:14   #26
FallenAngel
Some Kind Of Angel

You are right Kaz, but when will I received my demo disc?[eyebrows]

You can do just what you wanna
You can kill or you can die
Be a beggar or a princess
But you'll never lose your style
Ephemere - Fallen Angel

FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 18:27   #27
poul e
Dream Keeper

@Kaz: You & I will keep on argreeing to disagree. It's great that we don't all share the same opinion....life would be boring then!!

And this "thing" about CS and it's style is not just about lack of synth, but just as much about worse production than usual! I know we have discussed whether or not music can be "perfect" but for me Alphaville is the only band who have had a musicstyle that to me was perfect! To me songs like FY, BIJ, SLAM, AVOL, JS, DWM, UNIDAD, Jerusalem, Sister Sun, Flame & Wishful thinking are what music is all about!! They were great when they came out a long time ago and they still are. There is no other band for me that has made so many songs that I just can't get tired of. Sure there's a couple of songs from OMD, A-ha, Howard Jones, Hooters etc that I still like, but not nearly as many as there is from Alphaville.

For me the best songs on CS are good but I'm sure they'll never be really great. There is just something missing for me. It could be Bernhard, it could be synth & it could be something in the production. Fact is that it just doesn't hit home for me. I'm just hoping that the next AV/Marian release will be as wellproduced as the fabolous "Salvation" and then hopefully the songs will be strong enough. Actually I think that songs like "Shadows she said" & "Zoo" could be fantastic if they had the "right" production....
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 19:07   #28
MalilaM
Random Motion

@Poul: great poll, but actually, I would vote with you for the missing option: "More production" [approve]

@Wii: Mellencamp is nice rock, but I can't help but like AV's rocking trend

What I voted? more guitars of course
*Alien, you're not alone*

I must be going crazy or the brandy's won the race 32
MalilaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 19:08   #29
wii
Dream Master

@ poul e - you know I agree with 100% ! but itīs nice to see how many different views in music we all have (even talking about the same band).
wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 19:16   #30
Kaz
Her...

@ Malila

I also like the rocking trend , but I'm from that generation (60s/70s)