Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville Discussion

Old 10 Apr 2011, 12:13   #11
JaJaJa
Rebel Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
It's pretty much unfair to talk about betrayal when none of us knows for sure what actually happened when Frank, Ricky and then Bernd had to leave...
Very true!

Между нами дураками естъ один большой дурак.
Раз, два, три - Это верно ты!
JaJaJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2011, 12:48   #12
Gravitation
Dreamer

1. Ricky and Marian continue to communicate?
2. Do you think there is any chance to return to Ricky in a group? (or Bernd?)
Gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2011, 13:32   #13
Kaz
Her...

Who knows? We are not the ones to ask and, to be honest, I don't feel a need to.

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2015, 12:27   #14
jetset
Dreamer

Here is an interesting post from Bernhard -dated from last year- in which he explains the origins of founding members' stage names :

Back then we were young fools who would follow (bad) advice from the record label, we made our family names more "fan & DJ" friendly.

Marian Gold -real name Hartwig Schierbaum - Marian being the name of one of his friends, Gold taken from his favourite James Bond movie - Goldfinger

Ricky Echolette - real name - Wolfgang Neuhaus - Ricky being the name of his mothers favourite singer Ricky vallence, Echolette taken from a microphone, effects and amplifier company

Bernhard Lloyd (Me) real name - Bernhard Gößling - Lloyd was chosen from the Lloyds Shipping register a company my father worked for.

Frank Mertens - real name - Frank Sorgatz - Mertens taken from Michael Mertens, a former college friend and later a member of propaganda.

Source : http://www.kvraudio.com/forum

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2015, 15:06   #15
mdeconno
Dreamer

It's amazing how many times, throughout the decades, that this story changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
Here is an interesting post from Bernhard -dated from last year- in which he explains the origins of founding members' stage names :

Back then we were young fools who would follow (bad) advice from the record label, we made our family names more "fan & DJ" friendly.

Marian Gold -real name Hartwig Schierbaum - Marian being the name of one of his friends, Gold taken from his favourite James Bond movie - Goldfinger

Ricky Echolette - real name - Wolfgang Neuhaus - Ricky being the name of his mothers favourite singer Ricky vallence, Echolette taken from a microphone, effects and amplifier company

Bernhard Lloyd (Me) real name - Bernhard Gößling - Lloyd was chosen from the Lloyds Shipping register a company my father worked for.

Frank Mertens - real name - Frank Sorgatz - Mertens taken from Michael Mertens, a former college friend and later a member of propaganda.

Source : http://www.kvraudio.com/forum
mdeconno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2015, 16:14   #16
jetset
Dreamer

Actually I'd never read nothing whatsoever explaining their pseudos, so I'll take Bernhard's word for it

Old 31 Aug 2015, 17:27   #17
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Honestly,, I was also puzzling if that was really an explanation coming from Bernd - as I also remember different stories and these explanations simply sound too simple. who knows, I asked Bernd if that was really his statement, I'll let you know once I got a reply
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2015, 05:32   #18
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Bernd just replied, neither was it him who posted this, nor is there any truth in this "story behind the names" (Bernd: "NEIN, das ist nicht von mir, definitiv nicht! Ist auch alles kompletter Unsinn was da steht").. A rough translation of his answer: Frank, him and Marian were sitting in a cafe at Nollendorfplatz/Berlin, discussing the name of the Band with the intention to find something cosmopolitan, not telling anything about the bands nationality.. Later on they thought that the same should be valid for their names. According to Bernd everybody chose his Name with certain reasons, for sure - but the basic Idea was to have them sounding well. Bernd loved the double-L in LLoyd, associating it with comedian Harold Lloyd, the old German car manufacturers Lloyd and the shipping Line of the same name. So much for that.
Old 01 Sep 2015, 10:19   #19
jetset
Dreamer

Thank you for this doublecheck !
Therefore in this forum (kvraudio) someone passes himself off as Bernd and delivers technical information about the material and synth filters used for each album, and some anecdotes around the band in a very detailed way, which is confusing and finally... misleading ;)

Old 01 Sep 2015, 15:44   #20
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Question about Frank and Ricky

Absolutely - confusing. I'll check that back