Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 22 May 2020, 07:23   #1381
Alphaxl
Dreamer

Alphaville

Dear Friends,
concerning the song for next Monday, I have one good and one not so good news for you. Lets start with the latter one. There won't be such a song for the upcoming week. The principal reason is that the whole effort to maintain the quality of our former Corona-releases became too much for a weekly presentation, especially the production of the corresponding videos. And saying that, I can't thank Tobi enough for his unconditional commitment and his brilliant ideas. And here comes the good news. We will carry on with this project (that, by the way, still hasn't got a name, any suggestions?) on a monthly basis for the time being. Just as we did many moons ago with the websong-series. So, no song for next Monday, but it's not the end. We apologize for the inconvenience.

From this sunny morning on I have been working on lyrics for THUNDERBABY and was listening to Brian Eno all through the day. The player went in random mode and it was jumping back and forth in time through most of Eno's numerous albums. I don't know if you are all familiar with his music. For me the man was and still is a paragon and a lighthouse and I greatly admire his fearless and unbound mind. His music, apart from its exceptional beauty, gives me a feeling of freedom and encouragement. It clearly shows anything is possible at least in the world of art as long as you follow your own path. Sometimes, when I get stuck with writing or arranging I wonder what he would do in my situation and that helps most of the time. Not that I really knew him personally or what he would do, it is a purely imaginary Eno, but he changes my perspective on the problem and, hey presto, land in sight. And if not, there is always Bowie ;-)

All in all, today was a great day full of great music, great sunlight and great news. The best one is that our doggie, which had been critically ill over the last seven days has recovered miraculously and it looks like she will carry on staying with us. And that really fills my heart with joy and gratefulness. And maybe, gives me another subject for a happy song.

Peace

Marian Gold

Te raconter enfin qu'il faut aimer la vie et l'aimer même si je suis fatigué du mensonge et de la vérité que je croyais si belle, que je voulais aimer et qui est si cruelle que je m'y suis brulé ... .
Last edited by Alphaxl; 22 May 2020 at 11:00.
Alphaxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2020, 10:58   #1382
Halfnelson
Waiter

Really great news, happy for the dog!

Seven moon suggestions then:
_ moonbeams
_ apollo XX (18 & 19 were programmed but cancelled, so 20 is the first 'available' n° & happens to be this year)
_ project moonbase (movie released 4 7ember 1953)
_ around the moon (J. Verne book)
_ somnium ('the dream' from J. Kepler 1608, "an Icelandic boy and his witch mother learn of an island named Levania (our Moon) from a daemon. Somnium presents a detailed imaginative description of how the Earth might look when viewed from the Moon" - wikipedia)
_ lunar outpost
_ frames im mond (after 'frau im mond')

Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2020, 09:29   #1383
jetset
Dreamer

That's perfectly understandable, this weekly pace requires a huge amount of work within a short period. We have been spoilt so far with all the releases!
As regarding the name of the series I propose 'Blue Skive', as a wink to the 'remastered' lyrics in Mondays For Good, this particular line makes me think of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer :)

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2020, 18:26   #1384
Mart
Dreamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWykphYAfzI

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 21:34   #1385
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaxl View Post

"We will carry on with this project (that, by the way, still hasn't got a name, any suggestions?) on a monthly basis for the time being. Just as we did many moons ago with the websong-series. So, no song for next Monday, but it's not the end. We apologize for the inconvenience."
The first name I got in my head was Therapy, after the UK band with the same name. During this covid-19 the world stopped the stress, the humanity have slowed down, the factorys stopped to vomit shit to the air and water....therapy both for the earth and the people on the earth. Badly I think everything will go back to how it was before. But I still hope this corona-time have made some changes to the better...like a therapy?

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 18:31   #1386
Clare
Alphanut

I like that. Therapy. That's how it has felt each Monday, a little bit of sanity in a strange world.

"I've had many sobering thoughts in my life....
....it was them what drove me to drink!" [drunk]

Grandad, Only Fools and Horses (UK sitcom)
Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 12:23   #1387
Halfnelson
Waiter

Keep On Dancing

Maskerade PIE

Old 28 May 2020, 17:29   #1388
Krapplund
Dream Keeper
www.krapplund.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare View Post
I like that. Therapy. That's how it has felt each Monday, a little bit of sanity in a strange world.

Yepp me...and it could also be as a question (Therapy?) If the songs have been a therapy during the corona-time.

- - - - - - - - -

By the way....this song by Therapy? is great....flashback from the 90´s for me

"Alphaville ohne Bernhard ist wie eine Apfelstrudel ohne apfel"
17'04'2003
www.krapplund.com
Krapplund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 16:15   #1389
jetset
Dreamer

Official AV Website
--------------------------------

Dear Friends,
thank you all for your kind wishes. Now I'm on Route 66 and looking back, it was a nice and pleasant run. And since more than 36 years you have been a Rock in my life and you kept me Rolling. And all in all, I'd say, we're a great team.
Since I started with music, I always believed in the power of alliance, of community. And I believed in difference and in variety. An alliance of differencies, a community of diversity, that was my vision. The Nelson community was the first step in this direction. But I would never have thought that one day a global community of friends would take over the legacy of Nelson. Nevertheless it did and here we are, people from all over the world, of every colour, belief or nationality. We're here in this chaotic paradise of dangers and prove that it is possible to be creative, peaceful and most of all, friendly.
You have made me very happy with your presence, ideas, crits and raps, with your poems, dreams, your love and faithfulness. I will try my best to do the same for you and carry on writing the soundtrack of this Fantastic Voyage, even if it's not always the soundtrack you expect. But whatever it might be, it comes straight from the heart.
Have a beautiful Sunday, Knights of the Nelson Order ;-)
Marian Gold

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2020, 14:21   #1390
Halfnelson
Waiter

A Happy (very belated) B-day to you, Nelson Order's best director. You're a big boy now & the moon is a harsh mistress.