Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Alphaville > Alphaville News

Old 28 Sep 2014, 09:45   #411
tarirodecai
Exclusive Fanclub Member

A perfect night, a perfect show, Marian and the band were brilliant. Thanks to all the av family for a day I'll never forget.
tarirodecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2014, 18:05   #412
Mumu
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Great show indeed. Even if we would have enjoyed to stay a little bit more with them after the show.

I've uploaded my best pictures on the album.

Whatever you do, never explain yourself : your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you.
Mumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2014, 19:49   #413
jetset
Dreamer

Thanks for sharing Mumu, brilliant photos !

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 05:45   #414
Gravitation
Dreamer

Gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 10:22   #415
*ariAna*
maniac

Wow, I love that song, great to hear it live!

Avil, is that you in the front on the left side? (for example in 3:11 min?)

G - O! Let's go!
*ariAna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 11:17   #416
Halfnelson
Waiter

What a great, great concert it was! Marian was in a great shape, the set list, while not as alternative as one could have think, was very reffreshing.
Marian was waiting for us when we entered the venue and I had, for the first time in 30 years, the opportunity to exchange a few words with him and shake his hand. A moment to cherish forever.
The sound was good, Maja & Jakob gave as usual a lot of energy. It seems to me that Dave is less a show-off but not less as good & efficient. Carsten bring with him some unexpected and very welcomed new arrangements.

Part One:
State Of Dreams - a perfect intro
The Jet Set (demo version) - This is my favorite version of the song
Leben Ohne Ende - great
Song For No One - I could do without this one (after all this is not a song for me) but it's always fun to see Marian enjoying himself at the end of the song
Still Falls The Rain - Martin was here
Romeos - one of the very few AV song I don't like but this version was different enough to pick my interrest
Jerusalem
The Wine Of Astonishment
Fools - great x 7
Mafia - A first listening as Wine O.A, this two songs seems very good, full of "AV twists" and if they reflect the album to come, I just can't wait too much anymore.
Heaven On Earth
I Die For You Today
Gravitation Breakdown

Part 2:
Giants - a b-side industrial feeling with this one, hard to really love on a first listening but I can't encourage enough the experimental stuff
Victory Of Love - This song have to be there in every concert, 'nuff said.
Guardian Angel - now Im not sure if I don't mix in my memory the industrial feeling with this one ? A special feeling for me as I associate the song with Paris '99 because of the SNAAL version choice.
Elegy - One of the night dreams come true
Big In Japan
Summer In Berlin
Monkey In The Moon
Sounds Like A Melody - As good as it can be
Forever Young
Apollo - almost turned as an instrumental, another highlight
Anyway - the jazzy feeling was perfectly rendered.

The after party was... There wasn't any after party as announced. This part of the event wasn't delivered at all. The band (including Bernd, Claudia...) was with us and were as accessible as they can be, a really nice bunch of guys, but it was just a band meets the fan after a regular concert only a little longer. The ambiance was Divan staff preparing the next concert and everybody had to leave de facto before midnight. I was told about 20th & 25th anniversary and it was nothing like that.
I cant believe this was what AV has on its mind for an after party. I hope we'll have some official statment from Moonbase about what went wrong. My theory is there was a BIG misunderstanding about what the Divan has to delivered, only a theory. As a french being near the venue I can't complain, this event will stay in my memory as a treasure. I speak only for myself but thinking about people coming from afar, sometimes across the oceans, I feel really sorry for them, they just had a (great, very great) concert. In their places I would feel partially cheated.

I had the great pleasure to meet again old familiar french AV fans and to spend the whole night (and beginning ot the day after) with new ones from all over the world. This was so nice guys! I hope this won't be the last. Hasta luego, doei, hej då!
Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 12:04   #417
jetset
Dreamer

Many thanks for this review HalfNelson !

jetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 15:09   #418
Mumu
Exclusive Fanclub Member

Not easy to go back at work after such a week end !

Whatever you do, never explain yourself : your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you.
Mumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 15:54   #419
Forever1981
Dreamer

Video of Paris where we see Marian improvise a song with audience

Lien direct YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgj4CP6Hd3Y
Last edited by Krapplund; 30 Sep 2014 at 15:04.
Forever1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2014, 17:12   #420
Kaz
Her...

Got home just after midnight and had a short sleep before going to work at 7 this morning. Was tiring but well worth it. So many people to see again after 10 years, some after not so long apart and some new friends also - was glad we were all there together!

The concert was THE BEST! Anyway just sealed the greatness for me. Shame we had no real party though. I too think something in the planning went wrong. Stil, we were there and that's what counts.

One of the funniest moments of the night was right at the start when Marian was amongst us all before the gig began. Clare knows what I'm talking about

And it was fab that Bernd and his missus joined us at the pavement café and I finally got a good pic with him! I didn't even know he was there until he walked out of the Divan and joined us for a ciggie at the very end.

Just have to love AV! Hope you all got home safely!

Before you judge me, make sure you're perfect.
Last edited by Kaz; 29 Sep 2014 at 18:56.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote