Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom  

Go Back   Alphaville Forum - The Dreamroom > Members Corner > General Conversation

Old 11 Nov 2002, 09:57   #1
AV_defender
Exclusive Fanclub Member

School=(

i thought that we might have a topic about this as well...btw i just found out about my mathtstest i had the week b4 holidays..i felt like i made a very good effort then ,but now when i know the results, the words my teachers said to me just goes round and round in my head:" Maiju, you better do something about this fast"..*sighs and cries*
AV_defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 11:07   #2
micki
Banned

well...for me things are going pretty good in math...just got our last weeks mathtests back, and I got full points...I was screaming and jumping around, couldn't believe I'd ever get that...but I didn't get 10 (on scale from 4-10) in math for this whole period, cause I'm constantly late for the lessons [smile2]...generally I'm actually doing pretty fine =)...I hope things clear up there for you Defender *hugs Maiju and sends her some "sisu" *...I know you'll make it, I mean, anyone will if I do ...and anyways =)
micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 13:09   #3
poul e
Dream Keeper

@AV_Defender: I´m really sad to hear that Maiju :-((((( Those are not exactly the words you want to hear from any teacher.....

Maybe you´re just very tired of going to school? I know I was at that time in my studies. In math I went from the highest grade (13) in 10th grade (Elementary School) to the third lowest (5) in the last year of Business High School (or whatever it´s called ("Handelsskole" in Danish)). But I know that you have a lot of abilities so you´ll bounce back, of that I´m certain.

@Micki: Congrats!
poul e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 13:42   #4
AV_defender
Exclusive Fanclub Member

well, i can say that maths aint my strongest subject in school, but i knew this chapter so damn well so i dont get it why it went this wrong..for once it was me who showed my friends how to solve the tasks..not the other way round as it has been this far...so im pretty disappointed at myself and i feel like ive lost the faith in managing the two coming tests this week...especially now when i have hardly slept at all during the pass three nights..alright, i'll stop complaining now=)

<i><b>-I\'ve put my faith in God \'cause he taught me how to dance-</i></b>
Old 11 Nov 2002, 14:12   #5
Jonatan
Arranged in White

Maiju, it's usually the same for me. If I prepare a lot for a math test then the result will be bad, and if I don't care about it the results are usually good. I don't know why that is, but I guess it is because one gets nervous if you think about the tests too much.

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 14:58   #6
Avil
The dream

Well, I hate maths.
Up to 9th grade here in Sweden I knew everything very good, I graduated from junior highschool with the best grade on the school.

Today, the only subjects I know perfectly or at least very well are languages, I love those subjects. History and religion aren´t something I suck in either.
But when it comes to maths, chemistry, physics and biology, I just wanna go and die. i´m having a test in maths on wednesday..and tomorrow a 5 hour test in Swedish!
Avil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 15:06   #7
micki
Banned

well, maths have never been my strongest subject either...usually I've kicked butt in sport, art and languages, but I've just passed the math with my logic (??)...(which was a surprise for me too =D)
Old 11 Nov 2002, 16:08   #8
Jonatan
Arranged in White

I'm quite good at maths - I read a lot more than I have to.
But I'm good at everything, which you might know... [smile2]

(just kidding)

Take care
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 17:58   #9
micki
Banned

well, I sometimes do extrahomework...but just to improve my grade [smile2]
Old 11 Nov 2002, 19:26   #10
AV_defender
Exclusive Fanclub Member

i had another test today in programming C++..when i tried to solve the first task of the test i got so nervous so all my thoughts and ideas got blocked in my head and i almost started crying..but then it all started to work out fine and even my teacher was suprised that it did because i hardly managed the preparingtest for this test that we had a couple of weeks ago..so i guess im not THAT down about the mathstest anymore=)=)

<i><b>-I\'ve put my faith in God \'cause he taught me how to dance-</i></b>