MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Thank you! I appreciate it.
MarianGoldfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2019, 11:05   #1673
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Fun-fact for Catching Rays on Giant:

November 9, 2003 was apparently the day CROG started production...

Also worth noting is an "album" was apparently meant to be released in 2002. My guess is this: CrazyShow was meant to be released as a full studio album and not just a box-set. Now: Which songs were meant to be there is debatable...

Source:

http://alphaville.narod.ru/band.html

Look at the "2003" section

Old 10 Sep 2019, 15:26   #1674
Mart
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianGoldfan123 View Post
Fun-fact for Catching Rays on Giant:

November 9, 2003 was apparently the day CROG started production...

Also worth noting is an "album" was apparently meant to be released in 2002. My guess is this: CrazyShow was meant to be released as a full studio album and not just a box-set. Now: Which songs were meant to be there is debatable...

Source:

http://alphaville.narod.ru/band.html

Look at the "2003" section

It was recorded 1n 2002 and set for production and distribution in 2003. The single album that may have been recorded for it was either Dreamscapes 9, or the Website Story

I'm gliding in the distance and watch the world go by
An orbit full of questions, a perforated sky
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2019, 21:38   #1675
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Catching Rays On Giant (album)

I can for sure say that when we were pushing out songs on moonbase each month back in 2000/2001 (was it?) it was sure from the beginning that what became named crazyshow would become a box set, not a studio album
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2019, 22:27   #1676
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

I saw a few references to something called "Rarities". My assumption is it's an old name for what would eventually become CrazyShow, but maybe it was its own thing...
Old 15 Sep 2019, 08:08   #1677
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

I think I found out what Rarities was:

It appears to have turned into "Forever Young And Other Hits". Every reference to "Rarities" described it as a compilation CD (like First Harvest) which was going to be released in the US and would feature tracks which weren't sold there previously. It's obviously not what ended up happening... It has normal tracks and that's all. Nothing special.

So, yeah. Rarities was meant to be released in 2003 and obviously this compilation was released that year! Very neat, but it, in my honest opinion, is a worthless CD. It has nothing which would justify buying it (unlike First Harvest, which has some special mixes of a few songs, such as Lassie Come Home, A Victory Of Love, and Sounds Like A Melody - maybe I'm forgetting other ones which were remixed).

Discogs, a site I use for 99% of my CD purchases, claims the tracks were remastered. This is false. Every mix is a 1:1 copy of the originals. This can be confirmed by reversing the phase of it (and lining it up against the originals). You'll hear complete silence. Also: The waveforms are pretty quiet and aren't loud at all...

Maybe I'm wrong in assuming that's what Rarities was. I obviously am not an insider (neither am I an Outsider (see what I did there?)) so I can't confirm this, but I think it's reasonable to assume.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 17:19   #1678
Halfnelson
Waiter

undated (no later than 1st march 2000 and at least till 23 june 2000):
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbase
yet untitled new studio album
a complete new alphaville album
planned for winter 2000/january 2001
november 2000:
Quote:
dreamscapes # 9: the second song is online now!
each month a new full song for download - this means a new alphaville album every year - plus another album to be released in fall 2001!
december 2000:
Quote:
dreamscapes # 9: the third song is online now!
each month a new full song for download - this means a new alphaville album every year. the songs for download are mp3 compressed and mono. at the end of every 12 month cycle you will have the opportunity to purchase the complete collection of all the songs on cd - in high quality (and stereo, of course)!
february, march, april 2001:
Quote:
what is dreamscapes # 9?
each month a new full song for download - this means a new alphaville album every year. these songs are mp3s (mono). at the end of every 12 month cycle you will have the opportunity to purchase the complete collection of websongs on cd - in high quality & stereo, of course!
june, july, august 2001:
Quote:
at least 1 full song per month 4 free download!?
dreamscapes #9 - song scribbles, experiments, tryouts. keep up with alphavilles spontaneaous ideas of possible songs. you'll get at least o1 full song each month - right hers, for your pleasure. yet the songs are released as mp3, mono. but be sure: you'll definitely have the chance to purchase the whole collection sooner or later on cd - if you like. enjoy!
no later than 18 december 2001 untill at least february 2002:
Quote:
DREAMSCAPES#9 (ALBUM +)
from october '00 until november '01 alphaville released a full song for free download each month right on this web site. the album release is in preparation. more info: check our discography, chapter "unavailable".
no later than 5 february 2002 until at least august:
Quote:
internet-album including demo versions and song scribbles. from october 2000 up to november 2001 alphaville offered at least one song each month for free download on this web site. the lyrics of three songs were even written by fans. a cd release with further material is already in preparation, details right here as soon as possible!
Quote:
november 2002
MAY THE (CRAZY-)SHOW BEGIN!
please click on the picture above if you'd like to get more info about alphaville's new album 'crazyshow', which will be exclusively available through this website. you also have the possibility to preorder it there.
Quote:
crazyshow' update #2...

To Claudia Gerlach ............. Alphaville 25.11.2002
- Moonbase -

Dear Claudia,
almost 9 more days and the mix-sessions will come to an end. We get ahead fast, but, as always, time is rare and some vocal-recordings will also happen soon. Nevertheless, everything is working fine regarding the granted time-frame. I've seen a rough design of the booklet and the box this morning. It felt fantastic holding it in my hands. Here it comes again, this inebriant feeling when a new production is at the point stepping out into the light. And again a gate opens for Alphaville and for everybody who wants to join this trip and nobody knows which unknown land lies ahead there in front of us next. Isn't it strange? When I look back amongst all these songs which will be featured on the new album it is just like a movie which runs in front of my inner eyes in slow motion. "Crazyshow" is not the result of a few weeks or months, in fact years passed by. Years filled with concerts all around the globe, years filled with music and adventures, filled with remarkable people and most amazing incidents.
Story telling would never end if I decided to narrate it ALL.
But on December 16th the exploration-ship Alphaville will finally reach its harbour, its cargo will be unshipped and the crew is ready for the shore leave. And then - may the Show begin.
Marian Gold

PS: attached you'll find the (updated) interim list of Crazyshow. The order of the songs isn't the final one. The music for the third CD (Pop Into Existence) hasn't been chosen yet and the fourth CD (Websitestory) will mainly feature demo versions of the websongs.

DS 09 Crazyshow ACT ONE: Hymns, Prayers & Damnations

01 Return To Paradise II
02 Ship Of Fools
03 Scum Of The Earth
04 C Me Thru
05 MoonGirl
06 Upside Down
07 Those Wonderful Things
08 The II Girlz
09 And As For Love
10 Shadows She Said
11 Miracle Healing
12 Waiting 4 The Nu Lite
13 Crazyshow
14 Opium Den
15 Last Summer On Earth
16 Heartbreaker

DS 10 Crazyshow ACT TWO: On The Beach

01 Wonderboy
02 Hurricane
03 About A Heart
04 Still Falls The Rain
05 Return To Paradise I
06 State Of Dreams
07 Ways
08 Carry Your Flag
09 Girl From Pachacamac
10 First Monday In The Y3K
11 MoonBoy
12 Zoo
13 Do The Strand (?)
14 On The Beach

DS11 Pop Into Existence
approx. 12 songs

DS12 WebSiteStory
see above

translated from german.
source: web.archive.org

So if the initial plan was maintened & if I get it right, we should have been waiting for Dreamscapes 2wenty-7even this fall...

Halfnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 04:18   #1679
MarianGoldfan123
Dreamer

Here's a question about the Call Me demo (which I really like a lot). Near the instrumental break Marian says something. I can't understand what he's saying. Does anyone know? It sounds like he says "girl" but that's all I can really understand or make of it.