Thread: Real Life
View Single Post
Old 09 Feb 2020, 20:17   #59
shapeseven
Astral Buddy

Back from the REAL LIFE concert in Hamburg. What can I report? David Sterry was sympathetic. More than I expected. Really. The show itself has been relocated to the smallest venue available, probably due to the minimum sales. I felt sorry for the band as well as for the people buying VIP tix guaranteeing them a meet & greet plus 4 items to be signed and a VIP area in front of stage (which wasn’t available due to the tiny new location). I think prices for that were like 120€ whereas regulare tix were about 50€ - which I felt was quite optimistic.
Sterry and band played a nice set of Songs, but unfortunately most of them felt very mechanic, they lacked drive. I felt like listening to some kind of cover band that came together for the very first time (thinking twice, probably that observation isn‘t too wrong). I might sound harsh and I really feel sorry for that, but that was how I experienced this shorty of a one-hour show without encore, even though the audience really made clear they wanted more.
A short hello from the band after the show - no.
How does it leave you seeing a band you once loved after a quarter of a decade? I stroll home, looking forward to the next show of alphaVille, Iron Maiden or Ghost.
shapeseven is offline   Reply With Quote