View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2018, 16:26   #5
andrewbw
Dreamer

Ultimately, it's your decision since you're the one who has to pay in time and money to keep this place going, and I doubt anyone would fault you for making a decision in favor of your own needs. I doubt may of us die-hards are going to willingly vote, "sure, shut 'er down!" :)

That being said... This has been a pretty massive 12 months or so for Alphaville with the US tour, the Whisky-A-Go-Go shows, box set, etc. If none of that encouraged much in the way of growth or activity here, I doubt that's going to change at all in the future now that the band has returned to its normal pattern of playing the occasional festival gigs around Europe. And who knows when we might see another album.

So, up to you. Even though I only joined recently, I agree with MarianGoldfan123 that the value of Dreamroom is the incredible archive of past posts and information. I've spent a lot of time digging for trivia and other information in posts here from years ago, and it'd be sad to see that disappear. It's a huge resource for Alphaville fans, even if there's not much new activity.

Just my thoughts.
andrewbw is offline   Reply With Quote