View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2004, 11:53   #26
Lady Bright
Dreamer

Here's a copy of my report that I have just sent to the Iris mailing list :)

Hi all,

Having finally recovered after yesterday's concert, I'm now ready to share some memories and impressions :) Pictures will follow in the middle of the week.

The setlist of the Moscow show:
1. Vacant
2. Lands On Fire (from the upcoming album)
3. Sorrow Expert
4. Lose In Wanting
5. Whatever
6. In Spite
7. Waves Crash In
8. Annie
9. When I'm Not Around
10. Appetite (from the upcoming album, but performed during previous concerts)
11. Unknown (Subrosa)
12. The Earth (with DJ Ram)

The concert lasted for about an hour, as expected. Reagan was wearing jeans, a striped white shirt and a hat; Andrew was in a cherry shirt and black trousers. The audience went mad during the very first song and remained in this condition until the very end, waiving lighters during "When I'm Not Around" and persistently requesting the band to come back after "Unknown" (that's how we got to hear the 'not really planned' performance of "The Earth"). As far as I understood, the guys didn't really have time to arrange proper rehearsals and it was probably the first time they ever played for an hour, so in connection with that I must say I'm amazed about the quality of the show.

Some observations:

1. When Regan is performing, he dances like nobody else in the synthpop world. His movements are truly unique. It's great that he doesn't try to imitate Dave Gahan or Steffen Keth.
2. I loved the stardust in Regan's eyes when he was performing, for instance, "When I'm Not Around". Extremely touching. And his voice is just as strong and powerful as in the studio. Bravo!!!!!!!!
3. I loved Andrew's sense of humour and straightforwardness in everything he does. I haven't felt so happy that for ages being around him!!!!!!! :)
4. It was not only one of the best concerts in my life, but also definitely the best afterparty ever. Chatting, laughing, drinking champagne and fooling around - what a great night it was!
5. The audience reacted so positively, even though half of the people came to see the gothic PROJECT PITCHFORK. I'm really happy Russians were not disappointing.
6. Andrew, remember - you swore on the virtual Bible to bring Iris back to Moscow next year....... :) And to write a detailed report about the first trip :)

Some disappointments:

1. The stage was not lit enough during most of the show, sometimes just dark. Must have something to do with the club's light engineer.
2. Too much bass overload during "When I'm Not Around". Must have something to do with the club's sound engineer.
3. I was kind of hoping that Iris live sounds really different from Iris in studio, but in fact there's not much difference. On the other hand, it would have been a much bigger disappointment to get completely different versions of the songs or to hear Reagan singing out of tune :)
4. It's not that Reagan doesn't look good enough with the current haircut or in a hat, it's just that he looks simply irresistible with slightly longer hair :)

P.S. Andrew, thanks for the kissing game in the end of the afterparty :) I'm sure you don't remember anything, but it was great :) And also big thanks for such a great conversation, for bearing with all my endless questions and for entertaining us with your singing and dancing, that was COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :):):):)
P.P.S. Special thanks to my husband for witnessing this madness and not killing me. You're the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reporting directly from Moscow,

Olga

Don't grow up - and you won't grow old!!! :)
Lady Bright is offline   Reply With Quote