Thread: New Order
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2001, 16:16   #6
simpledumbpilot
Dreamer

Bernhard,thats an interesting choice of New Order song to cover,it was in fact the first New Order single and was a left over from the Joy Division period.The song was written by the original JD line up of Curtis (GRHS)/Sumner/Hook/Morris,there is already a rather splendid cover version of this song by Galaxie 500 which is even rawer than the original,check out there box-set,its some of the rawest natural music ive ever heard.Galaxie 500 supported New Order in 1990 and Peter Hook taught Dean Wareham (vocals/guitar) how to play the song,so they done a cover version.
By the way,i finally got a promo of the new album 'Get Ready' and its stunning,the best album of the year so far,and thats not a biassed opinion as i do generally prefer Depeche Mode but 'Exciter' wasn't much to shout about,probably only about 4 or 5 really good songs on it,the rest just seemed like they were putting down anything Martin Gore could squeeze out,better luck next time DM.Do yourselves all a favour and buy 'Get ready' when it comes out on monday (27th august),you'll thank me in the end.

simpledumbpilot is offline   Reply With Quote